TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Got all this year's treats- so now I'm having fun finding the treats from past years. Though I'm a little confused;

Are the old treats found in order (ex. First I'll find the 2010's I missed, then 2011, etc.) or is it random (I suspect random as I found a 2010 but then found what was a treat from a later year)

In total, I was missing six years of treats (two due to hiatus, four because I wasn't on DC yet)- and I've managed to plow my way through five years of treats and I'm working on gathering the 2010 treats now.

...I feel powerful.

I think it's great that we all get the chance to see the hard work of all the past treat artists. It's always struck me as a little sad that as time goes on, fewer and fewer people see the oldest art. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to collect them all. :) 

25 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Got all this year's treats- so now I'm having fun finding the treats from past years. Though I'm a little confused;

Are the old treats found in order (ex. First I'll find the 2010's I missed, then 2011, etc.) or is it random (I suspect random as I found a 2010 but then found what was a treat from a later year)

In reverse order - first 2019, then 2018 etc. If you found a 2010 treat, that means you've already got all the newer ones.

I don't know I'm stuck on the runes and can't pass it... I've tried a billion combinations feels like and it's more jumbled than ever... I give up my eyes are going bonkers. 

10 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

In reverse order - first 2019, then 2018 etc. If you found a 2010 treat, that means you've already got all the newer ones.

Ah, okay (I know I'm missing a lot of older treats) thanks for the info

Aww I just back yesterday in game from the hiatus and I miss many years of Halloween treats, I managed to finish the 2020 but gosh.. I don't think I will can get all the other years in time :(

Hopefully next Halloween we will can again gather the old treats... 

Wish there could be two weeks of time for this event so that ppl that work have better chance to can get the treats that they missed the other years. 

However..  Happy Halloween to everyone :)) Remember to check the sky as it will be full moon,  a rare thing!! 

How many times do we have to do the orbs? I'm on a 2nd go round and I hated it the first time! *sigh*

Thanks!

So I got past the 2nd round of orbs and now I'm on a yet another set of the doors puzzle. Why am I getting duplicate games? I didn't see anything in the Wiki about this. Am I in a glitch?

Edited by Bluheart

On 10/27/2020 at 4:40 AM, Pilauli said:

I played this earlier and I don't know if there have been changes since then, but I'll tell you what I remember:

- This is the only puzzle in the game where you need to use the mouse (to click on the runes).  And press escape to exit the puzzle without reverting any other progress.

Reveal hidden contents

3 1   3
  3 2  
  2 3  
3   1 3

Thank you! Saved me with this one. I aligned and realigned the runes many times but nothing happened. First I used the arrow keys then changed to the mouse and finally the door opened. It's weird though.

Edited by Heilong

2 hours ago, sinsofthetongue said:

Just finished the game, and I'm so impressed and grateful for everyone who took the time to put it together. It must have been a lot of work. It's very cute, the dialogue is great, and I love the story. You guys did such a great job! I'm excited to focus on the Halloween event now :)

Thank you and happy halloween! ;; We worked so hard to pull this one off and I'm so proud of our team.

When exactly is the game over? I could leave the museum now and the game asks me if I'm sure. Is this the end or am I missing something?

19 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

I think the brown-and-yellow is caligene. The colours are correct, and the "friends" look a lot like s1 caligenes, plus-or-minus the tails. Plus, there are a few moth motifs, and I recall reading that caligenes are based on the death's-head moth.

For the white rune, it's either shadow-walker or omen. The purplishness makes me think omen, but the swirly pattern and fog would suggest shadow walker. The four gem colours in that room seem to correspond to the dragons, too. Orange is desipis, obviously. The orb some have been calling "white" to me looks green, so arcana (their magic is green). The "red" / black orb seemed caligene-like to me, and the blue/purple orb ... again, could be omen fire or shadow walker ectoplasm.

I didn't think about the Omens actually. Wouldn't feature their blue-purple fire in the rooms though??

I actually thought the orbs really are mana orbs corresponding to Light (opal-colored orb), Neutral (blue/indigo orb), Magi (orange orb), and Fire (dark red orb). I'm iffy on Fire though... It's the only color that works... I don't know if they correspond with the dragons...

From the wiki:

Spoiler

Mana Shards

Mana shards of all types were seen during the Snow Warning event. It is the first time the appearance of all mana types has been revealed in-cave.

Neutral Light Dark Magi Life
Mana_neutral_L.PNG Mana_light_L.PNG  Mana_dark_L.png Mana_magi_L.png Mana_life_L.png 
Time Lightning Air Water Fire
Mana_time_L.png Mana_lightning_L.png Mana_air_L.PNG Mana_water_L.png Mana_fire_L.PNG
Earth Death Ice
Mana_earth_L.PNG Mana_death_L.PNG Mana_ice_L.PNG

*shrugs*

Edited by Shokomon
Fixed the images

28 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I didn't think about the Omens actually. Wouldn't feature their blue-purple fire in the rooms though??

I guess that narrows it down to the shadow walker, then.

31 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I actually thought the orbs really are mana orbs corresponding to Light (opal-colored orb), Neutral (blue/indigo orb), Magi (orange orb), and Fire (dark red orb). I'm iffy on Fire though... It's the only color that works... I don't know if they correspond with the dragons...

Orbs of solid mana does make sense. The red-black orb matches the ke'maroxeno colour scheme, so it might be death mana? *shrug*

56 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

When exactly is the game over? I could leave the museum now and the game asks me if I'm sure. Is this the end or am I missing something?

You're done. When you leave the museum, the game credits will roll.

Just finished the mini-game!

It was challenging but fun. I think the rune tile puzzle was the hardest, but my favorite was the orb puzzle, although the cauldron puzzle was cool, too! And the completion badge is really cute!

Thanks to all who put their hard work into this! Happy Halloween!

2 hours ago, walkinslow said:

I actually got a random 2010 one in the middle of the other years I missed. I'm still not done with 2014 so I think it's possible to get at least one 2010 treat before completing the other years. 

I'm a little late to the party as my work schedule has been crazy....but I HAD to hop on and say...this Valkmarian tale....is the most wonderfully written, fun and funny thing I've done in a while. BRILLANT show artists! ❤️❤️❤️ 

Can I do the runes puzzle on an iPad? I just have my finger to drag things around. I don’t have a mouse, just a touchscreen.

46 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Can I do the runes puzzle on an iPad? I just have my finger to drag things around. I don’t have a mouse, just a touchscreen.

I did it on my phone  so I assume so.

@MalagAste there's a solution on the wiki that works really well.

@Bluheart it's not a glitch. Everyone has to do the puzzles twice. Both versions have different solutions.

Edited by DragonLady86

Enjoyed the puzzling game, fun story line.

Delighted to have collected missing treats on top of the great new ones this year.

Looking forward to the new eggs!

The Zombie Dog puzzle is so hard.  I keep getting caught just before the exit.  The Zombie Dog that caught me a million times is the one that doesn't move at all, just switches back and forth at the corner turn.  Unless I did make a wrong turn and there is another route going to the exit.