TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 hour ago, Charity322 said:

Where was the gold dragon? I never saw it.

At the beginning of the cave part, on the left side. 

You got to a dead-end corner among the rocks - interact with the rock at the edge and it showed up.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:24 AM, VixenDra said:

I'm tired of contemporary people suddenly calling everything they can't see any specific existent animal in "a dragon":/

Well, my apologies? I've just never known of a dog that has "head lights" to see in the dark and Sanda didn't think they were dogs... the quotations around "woof" also hinted the dog wasn't a dog. In turn, all I can think of is, "Maybe it is a dragon pretending to be a dog?"

9 hours ago, Skyal said:

Looks like it's done. My son was just in the room before the boss fight, fell through the floor and can't do anything further. I'm really upset for him.

No event badge. Hopefully one will appear for him.

9 hours ago, White Fox said:

Didnt finish the game so no badge for me 😑

8 hours ago, Sheelah said:

I wasn't able to finish in time.  I got stuck in a dark maze.  I couldn't figure out how to get past the enemy in there.  I would have liked to have seen the end.  No  badge for me either.

You all should have one by now! :) It's the same pumpkin that those who finished got, with a slightly different eye.

Thank you, everyone, for another awesome DC Halloween!

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You all should have one by now! :) It's the same pumpkin that those who finished got, with a slightly different eye.

I got mine and I am kind of glad that it is a little bit different. Gives a nod to those who soldiered through to the end, but still recognizes those of us who tried but failed or ran out of time.

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I got mine and I am kind of glad that it is a little bit different. Gives a nod to those who soldiered through to the end, but still recognizes those of us who tried but failed or ran out of time.

Yes, I thought that was a nice touch. The same yet different!

For some god awful reason, I thoughtd I’d be able to hunt for eggs today. XD Oops. 

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I feel so VINDICATED ! (that was what I was betting on from the start of the discussion about this - a different badge for those who didn't make it !)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Happy Belated Halloween everyone!

Thank you once again for the wonderful game!

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I feel so VINDICATED ! (that was what I was betting on from the start of the discussion about this - a different badge for those who didn't make it !)

Right?  I was thinking the same thing.  I know the feeling!! 

I had SUCH a good time this year -- doing some relatively leisurely breeding, catching, and trading, plotting a couple of Halloween-themed lineages, playing the game, solving puzzles (and getting help on that rune one!!), and collecting treats new and old! 

I'm so glad I got to collect treats from previous years!  I managed to get ALL of this year, ALL 2018, and ALL 2017, plus my missing 2nd half of 2016!  Here's hoping we can keep collecting former treats next year!

Edited by Kelkelen

Yay! Another Halloween holiday. Thanks to all of you who worked so hard on the overall event and the Tales Event plus the old and new dragon  components!!!

11 hours ago, infiniteviking said:

Some stuff I wish we had more details, subplots, or closure on:

Hide contents
  •  
  • Did Sanda fully recover the memories they were missing after causing that dangerous magical explosion, or were they just following cues given by Avery and the other characters? Why did they "seem different" to Biscuit? Will they ever get that teleport spell right?

But anyway, if there's a front-facing full-body sprite or concept art of Sanda or the other party members, please link me there. Ngl, I feel some fanworks coming on.  :D 

I have questions about Sanda too. For a good long while I was feeling like they might actually turn out to be evil or something, like whatever had gone wrong for them to end up in the desert had turned them evil. Especially when Biscuit said they seemed different! Also very very curious what's under that hood that had that one character screaming, lol!

I was able to finally finish the game yesterday, but I'm glad everyone was able to get a badge even if they couldn't. I think that was a nice gesture.

I also really liked the artwork and music in the game this year. Some of the dialogue was silly too. 😆

Edited by Jazeki

I saw those teeth, Sanda. I saw them.

Can't hide the truth under that hood anymore, Sanda.

I just love all the lore and love that was poured into this game. Sanda's design reminds me of the Black Mages from old Final Fantasy games, just with added unique details that make it special, not like anything I've ever seen before, and memorable!

Edited by TailedThief

5 minutes ago, TailedThief said:

Sanda's design reminds me of the Black Mages from old Final Fantasy games, just with added unique details that make it special, not like anything I've ever seen before, and memorable!

I got much more of a Dead Cells vibe from Sanda than Black Mage but I can see it somewhat now that I think about it

Now that the Halloween festivities have concluded for another year I will close this thread. Thank you to TJ and all the spriters who made this possible!