TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

5 minutes ago, icare4u said:

I'm stuck with that one...I seem to have placed 3 orbs correctly, but can't figure out which one is the wrong one...

Screenshot 2020-10-28 14.11.17.png

No - you have placed two correctly (numbers 2 and 4) and the one in position one should be in position 3.

A yellow dot means right orb in the right place; a white dot means right orb, wrong place.

So from  what you have (including all your tries) it should be

blue - red - red - orange,.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 minutes ago, icare4u said:

I'm stuck with that one...I seem to have placed 3 orbs correctly, but can't figure out which one is the wrong one...

Screenshot 2020-10-28 14.11.17.png

It’s the game mastermind!!
The dots =
empty - missing a color

white - right color wrong spot

yellow - right color right spot

Idk if the solution is different per person though, mine seemed like a different combination

19 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No - you have placed two correctly (numbers 2 and 4) and the one in position one should be in position 3.

A yellow dot means right orb in the right place; a white dot means right orb, wrong place.

So from  what you have (including all your tries) it should be

blue - red - red - orange,.

Yeah, I meant, I had two tries, where 3 orbs were correct...the last try only two orbs were correctly placed, yeah...

But I just couldn't figure out which one was right and which one wrong...

Thanks, it worked now...

24 minutes ago, Swiftywish said:

Man... has anyone figured out the steps to the temple tile puzzle? I’m at a loss 

I’m not good at Rubik’s cubes whoops

I got close, but didn't quite get it, and I was getting frustrated. I saw someone mention the wiki had the solution, so I decided to just use that- since I also do not like rubik's cube puzzles.
https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released
It's under a spoiler tag, so you don't have to worry about accidentally getting the answer if you don't want it.

Edited by Xathoa

It's in the wiki.... :) 

As I see you saw !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

It would be nice if after the event, the badge were clickable so we could revisit the museum. :)  Just like Christmas 2016 and our decorated houses.

Great. Nearly beat the Lich King, and then "Something went wrong."

And a couple of times, the speech box says "PLAYER" instead of my name. Like, "PLAYER: At least the tiles are pretty." or "PLAYER: Hah... Hah ... hrng"

The first one I could have accepted as an intended breaking of the fourth wall, but that last one? Not so much XD

So, am I a Lich now? With that glowy eye just like that king ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If anyone thinks it'll be too cheaty to just look at the temple lock solution on the wiki, I solved it by picking a rune (I chose the brown one but any one will do), and starting from top left to bottom right then back again, click on each tile until it turns into the rune you chose. Keep doing that and eventually every tile will be the same rune. It took about 3mins of clicking to solve it that way.

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Vampires can bite other eggs to create Vampire eggs. You can have a Vampire that looks like a CB Vampire, except for the "bitten by" note at the bottom. https://dragcave.net/view/Threm

But... what if they don't have a vampire to use the bite BSA on?

1 hour ago, Niyaka said:

It would be nice if after the event, the badge were clickable so we could revisit the museum. :)  Just like Christmas 2016 and our decorated houses.

Agreed! That sounds really neat.
(wasn't here in 2016 but still sounds really cool)

13 minutes ago, Morphie said:

But... what if they don't have a vampire to use the bite BSA on?

Bite has 3 possible results:

- it kills the egg

- it turns the egg into a Vampire

- it turns the egg into a Vampire, but your other dragons become repulsed by it and toss it away, which means it'll show up on the AP for someone else to grab.

That's how I got my first Vampire back then: from the AP.

(You can also try trading for one, or ask in one of the Gifting threads in the Trading subforum.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

- it kills the egg

- it turns the egg into a Vampire, but your other dragons become repulsed by it and toss it away, which means it'll show up on the AP for someone else to grab.

That's how I got my first Vampire back then: from the AP.

(You can also try trading for one, or ask in one of the Gifting threads in the Trading subforum.)

Ohhh
Thank you for the info! And sorry for being so noob-ish lol
I'm new around here, so I don't know much ^^

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

- it kills the egg

Really!? I didn't know that xD it's interesting!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, how far back in time do the tricks go? I don't know if i lack many or few ^^U

https://dragcave.net/trickortreat/Kegluneq

Okay, I'm seeing other posts mentioning they're seeing treats from previous years. I was wondering why I'm still collecting more despite being done with this year's batch. I know I completely missed 2015's event, so I'm now starting from there.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Great. Nearly beat the Lich King, and then "Something went wrong."

And a couple of times, the speech box says "PLAYER" instead of my name. Like, "PLAYER: At least the tiles are pretty." or "PLAYER: Hah... Hah ... hrng"

The first one I could have accepted as an intended breaking of the fourth wall, but that last one? Not so much XD

So, am I a Lich now? With that glowy eye just like that king ...

Thanks for those reports re: "PLAYER"––easily fixable :) 

I mentioned being Player DAYS ago ! But only some of the time....

Hey, does anyone know how long the halloween egg/hatchie wall lasts for after breeding ends? Thinking of breeding a wall of low-time shinies, checkers and codes. Screenshots in the screenshot thread suggests it lasts a while (Nov 5 in 2016, Nov 5 in 2017, around 7 Nov in 2019.)

Last year it seems to me it went over a week....

As the last time you can breed a Halloween egg is the evening of 30th, the eggs are supposedly there (unless cleaned out by other users) until Nov 4th maybe. Note that most users will be egglocking themselves on the 31st, and those eggs will hatch on the 2nd if incubated (3rd for those players who are out of available reds for now) I suppose the players will have free eggspace again around that time.... By which time even the latest-bred eggs will be incuhatchable. 

And yay, I think I got the logic of treats. It's going backwards in time. First you get the 50 treats of 2020 (I'm surprised there's no mask among the tricks) then whatever you're missing from 2019, etc.

First I filled up my treat collection from 2020, then it kept giving me 2017 until the set was complete, then the missing few from 2016. I had full sets from the years in between. 

And now if my calculations are correct I'll be soon getting the 2011 ones. That's either a big collection or it's a double one, because it's huge. 

:D

Edited by Darth Krande

I’ve got to say, the old “dismembered fingers” treats are really not my favorite!