TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Everything I'm pulling out of the AP right now still has a "Laid On" date of the 25th, the first day of the event. Cave time has rolled over to a new day about an hour and a half ago; anything bred now will say October 29th. I haven't followed this closely in past years and I know there's always a backlog, but it seems like in past years the first day's eggs didn't stick around the AP for four solid days.

I can't say I paid close attention to laid date before but it does seem a tad much this year. Probably because people are bored at home this year? So they took the time to breed more. Also started on a weekend day which also made it easier. Fingers crossed it just means most of the breeding was day 1 lol.

If I had the slots for it I'd be scooping right now.

57 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Shaking violently means the order is wrong. You want a gleeful comment. If you got that one you shouldn't be able to do it a second time the ingredients room wont be there. 

Once you do it keep going up till you find Biscuits then go left.

@Drakelina did you copy the ingredient list at the top or the solution which is further down.

Reveal hidden contents

Jester Venom (First, the deadliest)

Sacred Leaf (Must be even)

Azure Scale (Dragon rests in the middle)

Cinna Root (Must be even, red is a "parent" to orange)

Puffball (Yellow is a "parent" to orange)

Sun Blossom (Last, the loveliest)

I've followed the second list of ingredients to a tee, and just get no interaction whatsoever when I put the last ingredient in. Leaving the cauldron to go to the next room just resets all the ingredients back into the room. Tried talking with the girl by the Cauldron but she keeps repeating the same line of dialog about being able to solve it easier the second time. 

Think more people are getting CBs from the Halloween biome or filled up on personal breeding projects, so little time or desire to get AP stuff (plus the usual 8/8, 24/24 limits).

It's unfortunate, most of the eggs I've bred won't be influenceable by the time they hit the AP and so 50/50 chance of being useless for lineages. Same for the eggs I pick up when I'm finally unlocked. Feel like this has been an issue creeping up in the past years, and only something like having free slots to hold personal bred eggs and allowing influencing on any age will help alleviate it.

I wonder if we might actually see some dead hatchlings from the walls this year.

Finally finished the tale!! It took me cheating to get through some tougher parts (glad the wiki exists) and two straight hours, but it was worth it to see the new badge on my scroll. I really liked the music in it!

The influencing problem is exactly why I don't plan to breed most of mine this year. I have about 200 breedable Halloweens, CB or nice lineages, and I've only bred about 20 of them. And I only bred those because everything I pulled from the AP was messy. The walls are definitely getting worse every year; I think last year's lasted a week into November and I shudder to think what this one's going to be like.

I've forgotten to influence my Arcanas - so far I've got 6 boys and only one girl=D Need.More.Beautiful.Arcana.Dragons=3

22 minutes ago, Drakelina said:

I've followed the second list of ingredients to a tee, and just get no interaction whatsoever when I put the last ingredient in. Leaving the cauldron to go to the next room just resets all the ingredients back into the room. Tried talking with the girl by the Cauldron but she keeps repeating the same line of dialog about being able to solve it easier the second time. 

That is not right. I think you should make a bug topic in Help so this gets seen and not buried.

Is something supposed to happen after I brew the first cauldron? I know I have the ingredients in the correct order, but nothing happens. I interact with the cauldron and Runa, but they both respond like if we started again.  I also don't know how to get to the second cauldron. I reentered the door to the maze and the same ingredients were there.

I don’t know if this question has been answered, but do you receive points once you finish finding all the trick and treats ? My points are going up, and I haven’t hatched any eggs yet at all. I had around xx67 and now I have xx91 points

2 hours ago, Amberfly said:

The influencing problem is exactly why I don't plan to breed most of mine this year. I have about 200 breedable Halloweens, CB or nice lineages, and I've only bred about 20 of them. And I only bred those because everything I pulled from the AP was messy. The walls are definitely getting worse every year; I think last year's lasted a week into November and I shudder to think what this one's going to be like.

Yeah it broke around noon of the 6th. They were real in danger eggs. People got a little overzealous breeding messies on the first day this time.

7 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

I don’t know if this question has been answered, but do you receive points once you finish finding all the trick and treats ? My points are going up, and I haven’t hatched any eggs yet at all. I had around xx67 and now I have xx91 points

Points have nothing to do with the treats, they're from doing stuff on dc.

Edited by Tinibree

10 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Yeah it broke around noon of the 6th. They were real in danger eggs. People got a little overzealous breeding messies on the first day this time.

Points have nothing to do with the treats, they're from doing stuff on dc.

Thank you ! But then idk how I earned the points, I haven’t grabbed any eggs since the 26th October, hatched them and neither grabbed any from the AP

11 minutes ago, jostensminyard said:

Thank you ! But then idk how I earned the points, I haven’t grabbed any eggs since the 26th October, hatched them and neither grabbed any from the AP

Did you breed any eggs? That will reward points too :)

2 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Did you breed any eggs? That will reward points too :)

Nope, I haven’t done that either 😮

Wish I could just keep eggs from my clutches, I need them for my goal but the game forced them to the already clogged AP and they can't even reach its first page;-; they are always several hours "too young", I just want a chance to get them back;-;

28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Name ? Influence ? Incubate ? Kill ?

None of those give shards:

OH. OK. I never look as I always ht my 100 without even trying !

6 hours ago, Drakelina said:

If your on the second cauldron. It’s not only about the order in which you put them in but also in which you pick them up. Pick them up in the order they go in the cauldron. This was nerve wracking for me and took me hours to figure out. 

Eh? In both rounds and for both recipes, I picked them up in random order and didn't have any issues with that.

(Yes, I went through the game twice. I did some more goat-feeding the 2nd time :D And I noticed I could pet one of the silent friends and get a response :lol:)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 10/28/2020 at 7:13 AM, Nyxity said:

Are those sandwaste dragons?

Again, thanks for all the effort you guys put into the event as usual.

No they're dogs!!! Just like Rufus!

You're very welcome, we had fun.

23 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Eh? In both rounds and for both recipes, I picked them up in random order and didn't have any issues with that.

(Yes, I went through the game twice. I did some more goat-feeding the 2nd time :D And I noticed I could pet one of the silent friends and get a response :lol:)

Me too.

1 hour ago, Doll_81 said:

If your on the second cauldron. It’s not only about the order in which you put them in but also in which you pick them up. Pick them up in the order they go in the cauldron. This was nerve wracking for me and took me hours to figure out. 

Thank you, I will try this out.

EDIT: This ended up working for me! I recommend this for anyone who has the same issue. 

Edited by Drakelina

52 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

No they're dogs!!! Just like Rufus!

You're very welcome, we had fun.

I'm tired of contemporary people suddenly calling everything they can't see any specific existent animal in "a dragon":/

23 minutes ago, Drakelina said:

Thank you, I will try this out.

EDIT: This ended up working for me! I recommend this for anyone who has the same issue. 

Glad that it worked out for you!

Working this game on my iPhone was murder. I couldn’t see what I was doing half the time. And with that second cauldron I was stuck on it for over two hours. I had to go to bed because I was so flustered. This morning with fresh eyes I was like one more time. And it worked.