TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

58 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

Guys guys, I get it!! It's a tough release, just after finishing collecting the b-day guys we got another 7, and they stopped dropping after 12 hrs, I get all the frustration, I really do, after all I collect mine in sets of 6 of each breed, HOWEVER let's stop for a second and look at the full half of the glass - We got Xenos, everybody loves xenos, we have the market where everyone can finish their collections, they will not be rare, just uncommon like xenos, and we have trades, in a month or two once the craze is over people will be trading them for a few cb hatchies, so while I get it's a bit frustrating, DO NOT WORRY, we will all get our collections completed, it will just take a bit more time, there is no rush guys, they are here to stay!!! Stay positive and patient :) 

Perfectly said. I'm missing the flow egg and the forest, but I'm not panicking. My friend is also missing the Desert and Alpine, but just because we might miss it now gives us something to chase in the cave. Until this release I had at least one of every dragon. I've been working on lineage projects to keep me busy without something new to 'hunt' but now it gives me something to scour the biomes for which is great!

I'm not giving up yet and just like  CB gold and silvers, I look forward to the day when I finally catch my own CB and it's not bought from the market, traded for or gifted. (Thank you again all you amazing kind people who have shown such kindness)

My friend and I will be breeding and helping each other complete the new Xeno batch and I'll be breeding my Xeno's more often to try and spread the new Xeno count to the AP. Either way we're about to see a LOT more Xenos.

Edited by Syiren
typos take advantage of groggy me

I accidentally picked up a Dark Lumina so I can't hunt for another few hours...

Personally, I don't really mind it. It's given me something to think about and look forward to. I love Xenos and I'm very interested in the flow egg. I've only got 4 of the Xenos so far. However, I do agree that the flood should have lasted longer.

1 hour ago, The Evil Doer said:

Guys guys, I get it!! It's a tough release, just after finishing collecting the b-day guys we got another 7, and they stopped dropping after 12 hrs, I get all the frustration, I really do, after all I collect mine in sets of 6 of each breed, HOWEVER let's stop for a second and look at the full half of the glass - We got Xenos, everybody loves xenos, we have the market where everyone can finish their collections, they will not be rare, just uncommon like xenos, and we have trades, in a month or two once the craze is over people will be trading them for a few cb hatchies, so while I get it's a bit frustrating, DO NOT WORRY, we will all get our collections completed, it will just take a bit more time, there is no rush guys, they are here to stay!!! Stay positive and patient :) 

Some of us enjoy picking our eggs up from the cave, especially on release days. I am one of them, so trading is out of the question. I hate AP hunting as I never know what I am getting. I still do not have several breeds and I been here for years. We used to get mass 24 hour drops, everyone used to be able to get whatever amount of eggs they needed and everyone had a chance. I came here, like 17-18 hours after release and I do not own a single one. So, yeah it's not all that fun anymore waiting for releases (for me at least in the way I tend to hunt). To this day, I still only have one Aeon dragon and that was a lucky AP grab. No CBs what so ever, I can never find them at all. Some might find this fun, some may be okay with it, however I am currently not one of those people. I love dragon cave, it's been a great place for me to talk to people and collect beautiful dragons like the current release. However, it still frustrates me to this day that on a release day, I can expect to never collect a dragon and struggle for the foreseeable future on getting them if at all.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

10 hours ago, ealbiest said:

Well, so sorry but I don't see this Mana flows -egg as a "mystery" or "secret". Fine not being on TJ's bunch, fine having different time of appearance and fine being hard to catch. What I consider a simple dirty trick was announcing on the Currently.. wiki that it was a breed-only - and then dropping it in the cave. That's not even an April Fool kind of lie which is meant to be something anybody has a chance of cathing is a lie. It was a lie, just that, and not the kind of lie I'd have expected at DC. If it was not a lie but any kind of mess, I'd like to see an apology at least.

Wiki information is compiled using user collected data. If the data is incomplete because the window for gathering the data is small - like, say, less than 48 hours after a release - there's going to be inaccuracies from time to time. Nobody lied, we didn't have complete information yet. Nobody owes you anything, especially our volunteer players building a tool for the benefit of the entire playerbase. You might actually consider issuing them an apology. They do hard, thankless work.

Honestly I'm just shaking my head at all this 'bad release' talk... There is nothing actually different about this release except a 'mystery' egg, which has actually happened before. And this seems to be exactly how many people react to *every* release after the flood stops. I agree it would've been nice if they had flooded for longer, but this amount of time is completely normal for releases. I guess I overestimate how many users enjoy the challenge of hunting for uncommons? Because, that's kind of the point, right, to hunt for them and yeah it may take awhile (I literally caught my first CB Gold after ten *years* of playing!) but that's what keeps it interesting to me. DC wouldn't be fun and exciting if you could catch every single breed with just a couple hours of work, imo. 

(edit to add I'm *not* saying people aren't entitled to their opinions or shouldn't complain or anything. I get the frustration and the urge to speak up about it. This is just me being genuinely baffled by the response.)

Anyways, I'm still debating whether to grab one of those 'flow' eggs or just wait. Has anyone actually bred any flow eggs recently, like in the last 12 hours or so? If they *are* actually supposed to be breedable I'd much rather breed some (messy lineages yay!) than grab them from the cave. And dang that s2 flow hatchie is awesome! For some reason it's reminding me of a sort of gremlin-type creature. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I don't get it either. EVERY time there's a release people get angry. Sometimes I wonder if they'd rather not have any new stuff at all.

Where's PieMaster who is no longer named PieMaster?

I need a Xenowyrm Hype train image.

Edit: And to help with any confusion for late comers -

On 6/27/2020 at 9:11 AM, Shokomon said:
On 6/27/2020 at 8:50 AM, Rememberdrgns said:

Currently, the “mana flows like a current” eggs are dominating the biomes. You may know them as the “hybrid” or “bred” new egg if you were here early. These eggs have only one sprite: image.gif.464e0033c441c9e76d6ea8be061b3307.gif They are not featured on the release post for whatever reason.

The ones featured on the release post have the description of existing xenowyrm eggs. (Shorter than flow eggs for those hunting)

Alpine: image.gif.8b2fea51a3d85f0588bb22d406af47df.gif Desert: image.gif.74af6077eccf2d968eb5c84b5af292dc.gif Jungle: image.gif.e1fd7f3920e5a59bcf6defd16640f982.gif 

Coast: image.gif.aaea15dd546c58ded6bf802526900d18.gif  Forest: image.gif.acb0446954cc1db858f3ad81f3a264a7.gif Volcano: image.gif.666b261501bce8908914e496f2058c2a.gif   

{snip}

And just to distinguish,

Xenos:

ALP CO FOR DE JUL VOL

latest?cb=20150627180046latest?cb=20150627180055latest?cb=20150627180111latest?cb=20150627180103latest?cb=20150627180116latest?cb=20150627180121

latest?cb=20200627063340latest?cb=20200627064700latest?cb=20200627065437latest?cb=20200627064814latest?cb=20200627065006latest?cb=20200627065137

Mana courses throughout this glassy egg.

Not-Xeno Mystery Egg:

ALL

latest?cb=20200627065901

Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg.

Edited by Shokomon
adding quote; minor wording edit

I'm doing my best to look on the bright side: I got a pair of the Coast and Forest morphs, one each from the Alpine, Jungle and Desert.  I let go of the Volcano morph to keep my pairs and He Who Must Not Be Tossed.  (Judging by the number of Pyros on my scroll, I'll be able to catch them later.)  For a surprise mass release, I did pretty well.  And the sprites are just gorgeous, I can't wait to see what the flowery Forest looks like as an adult!

I have complaints and salt about the mass release and the 'flow' egg, but I've already expressed them earlier in the thread.  All I've got left to say is that I really wish the staff would give us some info about the 'flow' eggs.  Were they meant to be released but had to be withdrawn because of some technical problem?  Did they really stop dropping and coming from breeding or are they just going to be ultra-rare and that's why we're not seeing them?  I'm in the camp that finds this egg's mysterious and erratic quasi-release frustrating and disappointing instead of intriguing and exciting, and it would just be really nice to know what's going on.  The Admin has always been fond of having us figure things out on our own but this is a little much.

Edit:  Now I wish I hadn't asked.  I only have 24 Xenos. 😰

14 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

Also, to answer your question, I bred all 800+ of my Xenos yesterday and I only got one flow egg. So yes they are breedable, just rare.

Edited by Maiden

Only new Xenos are dropping with that "mana courses " phrase, right? If people are grumpy now, what will happen when the original Xenos start dropping again?

Please, guys, don't be upset, we all get as much as we need=). I understand., such a huge release is overwhelming and I am also panicking myself, but it will be fine=). I hope everybody will get at least a few of them to have something caveborn=)

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Honestly I'm just shaking my head at all this 'bad release' talk... There is nothing actually different about this release except a 'mystery' egg, which has actually happened before. And this seems to be exactly how many people react to *every* release after the flood stops. I agree it would've been nice if they had flooded for longer, but this amount of time is completely normal for releases. I guess I overestimate how many users enjoy the challenge of hunting for uncommons? Because, that's kind of the point, right, to hunt for them and yeah it may take awhile (I literally caught my first CB Gold after ten *years* of playing!) but that's what keeps it interesting to me. DC wouldn't be fun and exciting if you could catch every single breed with just a couple hours of work, imo. 

(edit to add I'm *not* saying people aren't entitled to their opinions or shouldn't complain or anything. I get the frustration and the urge to speak up about it. This is just me being genuinely baffled by the response.)

Anyways, I'm still debating whether to grab one of those 'flow' eggs or just wait. Has anyone actually bred any flow eggs recently, like in the last 12 hours or so? If they *are* actually supposed to be breedable I'd much rather breed some (messy lineages yay!) than grab them from the cave. And dang that s2 flow hatchie is awesome! For some reason it's reminding me of a sort of gremlin-type creature. 

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't get it either. EVERY time there's a release people get angry. Sometimes I wonder if they'd rather not have any new stuff at all.

I have honestly never said a single release was bad. What I do not like is simply the amount of time a release drops. I typically never catch any release day cave borns anymore. I loved doing that cuz it showed I was there. I have been checking in every so often, I try to check every day and showing up 18 hours after, I know for a fact I wont get them any time soon. Which is where my issue is, I love that DC releases eggs, I'm happy having to hunt for things, but when I know for a fact I wont be seeing that egg for a year plus or better, that kinda gets me. I'm not even angry, I'm actually just upset that I know I wont see it for a while.

I will admit, there is a few replies on here that even have me baffled... I don't get why one egg being a hidden release would be a issue. You'd think that'd make it a bit more exciting, wouldn't it?

I for one, get too frustrated and pissed when it takes me a long time to catch something. I don't care about breeding and lineages so catching is all I do. But I don't like when it takes months or years to catch the CBs I want. I try to catch 6 of each (3 pairings) but when it is a large release like this, I know it won't be easy. The harder it is for me, the less fun it is and I end up giving up and leaving. The chase isn't what makes it fun for me, it is just the fact of having the dragons and seeing how nice they look. 

With the fact we just had another large release, it just feels a bit too much. Having a longer time to catch them before they mixed would have been nice imo. Not everyone can be on within the first 8-12hrs of the day since people live in different timezones/areas of the world. That is the part that bugs me the most.

Edited by Twinstar

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There's no way to please everyone - no new releases would earn just as much ire as a one egg release probably would XD

That aside, I'm having fun trying to see the new eggs in the biomes. Would I love to have all of them release date? Yes. Is it really a big deal? No because other than holding a tiny bit of extra value*  for being a 'true date' - the breed date serves no purpose.

*Assuming you value things like that, everyone has a different opinion.

15 minutes ago, Twinstar said:

I for one, get too frustrated and pissed when it takes me a long time to catch something. I don't care about breeding and lineages so catching is all I do. But I don't like when it takes months or years to catch the CBs I want. I try to catch 6 of each (3 pairings) but when it is a large release like this, I know it won't be easy. The harder it is for me, the less fun it is and I end up giving up and leaving. The chase isn't what makes it fun for me, it is just the fact of having the dragons and seeing how nice they look. 

With the fact we just had another large release, it just feels a bit too much. Having a longer time to catch them before they mixed would have been nice imo. Not everyone can be on within the first 8-12hrs of the day since people live in different timezones/areas of the world. That is the part that bugs me the most.

Totally agreed w/ you! Game should be fun.

1 hour ago, Tetelestai said:

Definitely with ya on this. I hate huge releases, because it feels like a scramble. Life is hectic as it is, and this is suppose to be relaxing to me. I was awake when they were released, looked at 12:30AM and saw the release. Took me 4 hours refreshing every 5 minutes just to get 8. My internet speed is 250mbps.

Why are you complaining so? They also come from breeding older Xenos. The Flow Xenos come from hybrid breedings. Check out what was discovered on pg 3.

23 minutes ago, Twinstar said:

I for one, get too frustrated and pissed when it takes me a long time to catch something. I don't care about breeding and lineages so catching is all I do. But I don't like when it takes weeks, months or years to catch the CBs I want. I try to catch 6 of each (3 pairings) but when it is a large release like this, I know it won't be easy. The harder it is for me, the less fun it is and I end up giving up and leaving. The chase isn't what makes it fun for me, it is just the fact of having the dragons and seeing how nice they look. 

Exactly, especially after that last huge release. I still haven't caught totally up with them. I get 4 of each kind and then 3 for freezing. Takes quite a while. I am also just a collector. Catching eggs frantically in a small window before commons mix in is like being in a mosh pit trying to spin plates and not drop them. I'm thrilled over the new eggs, just not the short amount of time given to catch then.

I am completely in love with the delicate peach-and-blue colors of the desert xeno. I can't wait to see the adult!

The new Xeno hatchies are so pretty, I can't wait to see the adults.  :wub:  

I do wish for a simple one- or two-breed release in July, but for now... yay, madness...?  :lol: 

I wonder what the 7th egg will be called. I don't have one yet, but the Wiki says it sorts between Spotted Greenwing and Stone? Hmmm...

Stability Wyrm?

Stealthwyrm?

Still Wyrm?

Stoic Wyrm?

Or possibly something unguessable. Spoxelwyrm. ... I'm grabbing that name just in case. :P

2 minutes ago, windchaser_1_2 said:

Why are you complaining so? They also come from breeding older Xenos. The Flow Xenos come from hybrid breedings. Check out what was discovered on pg 3.

I appreciate the info! I only collect CB and a small amount of each hybrid. And I'm voicing my opinion/thoughts, because I can do so just like everyone else. I know a lot of feedback falls on deaf ears, but it is still nice to vent and have others agree with you.

22 minutes ago, Twinstar said:

i agree as well. i hate missing a release and then spending ages refreshing pages for CB. and iam saving my shards to get a CB gold. i dont wanna waste them on measly uncommons that arnt worth spending for. am still hunting for the seed eggs since there release and have only seen 1 pop up since. and iam sure many have that one breed they regret not snagging release day and needing to really hunt for or make trades a mile long to finally get one.

i feel like there used to be way more time when i started DC years ago. along with the fact there was half the dragons there are now. when releases mix with the norms, they gotta compete with how many olds for the spot light?

Quick question: I've been sitting on my first round of eggs for a while, and they'll be hatching round midnight tonight! That being said, can someone who's been catching recently tell me what the overall cave situation is looking like right now? In terms of ratios of new xenos, the "mana flows" eggs, etc. :?

Been camping all day long for that last elusive Xeno (not even mentioning that mystery egg which I've enever even SEEN) and yes, I am frustrated.

Just. ONE. Alpine Xeno. And instead, I get "an error occurred" at the hourly. I wish *that* was an egg!

Complaining helped. Got 1 of each (except you-know-what), I'm done with this release, I'll wait for them to pop up in the market.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

7 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

The new Xeno hatchies are so pretty, I can't wait to see the adults.  :wub:  

I do wish for a simple one- or two-breed release in July, but for now... yay, madness...?  :lol: 

I wonder what the 7th egg will be called. I don't have one yet, but the Wiki says it sorts between Spotted Greenwing and Stone? Hmmm...

Stability Wyrm?

Stealthwyrm?

Still Wyrm?

Stoic Wyrm?

Or possibly something unguessable. Spoxelwyrm. ... I'm grabbing that name just in case. :P

Superwyrm ? :lol: 

I'm so excited to see all the new Xenos as adults!

I do wish the floods lasted significantly longer, though; I think releases with several types of eggs should get a longer time to flood than ones with just one or two, especially when there's so many types that even a Platinum user can't get 2 of each on the same day. Is that already on Suggestions?

Edited by lolahighwind

Just now, gotw3 said:

Quick question: I've been sitting on my first round of eggs for a while, and they'll be hatching round midnight tonight! That being said, can someone who's been catching recently tell me what the overall cave situation is looking like right now? In terms of ratios of new xenos, the "mana flows" eggs, etc. :?

New xenos are still relatively common but flow eggs are very difficult to even see atm.