TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

11 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I've been breeding all my Xeno's and they'be only been breeding true, not even new Xeno's, but I'm not giving up. 

I think the new ones only come out of xeno x xeno breeding. At least, those are the only ones I've seen to yield new colours.

1 minute ago, MessengerDragon said:

I think the new ones only come out of xeno x xeno breeding. At least, those are the only ones I've seen to yield new colours.

Oh? I think there was a post near the first few pages with an older Xeno and a Red Fire gem bred a new red-grey Xeno. I could be mistaken. I was more focused on hunting as that was when I realized there was a release. ^_^;

Yikes, these guys are rare. And I literally just finished collecting all of the Paragulus variants. 😧 Gorgeous colors, I hope I can get my hands on more!

I hope that with so many of them the xenos will be a bit more common in the caves

Are the rare variant still dropping in the biomes? I had no idea they were there till I happened to be reading the forum, and I've been looking in the drops every five minutes and not seen even one yet.

I'm really not a fan of secret stuff that you have to be in the Discord or stalking the right forum thread to even be aware of. A little too cliquey for me. 😕  I guess I just won't get a pair of these ones on release day like I usually go out of my way to do for CB drops. I like the other six hatchlings, at least.

33 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Oh? I think there was a post near the first few pages with an older Xeno and a Red Fire gem bred a new red-grey Xeno. I could be mistaken. I was more focused on hunting as that was when I realized there was a release. ^_^;

I got a new green and black from breeding old Xenos as well as the new one from the Alpine. So there's definitely some overlap in how they're obtained. Hmm...

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

We don't actually know the rarity of these yet, it's much too soon. Given they are xeno-related they most likely will be uncommon-ish, but especially the 'mystery' one we won't have any idea of rarity for awhile. The first day of dropping is definitely not a good indicator of rarity.

All the eggs I've caught from this release sort with the Xenowyrms.  The new Forest and Desert morphs breed sort between Mageia and Pyro.  So I can't imagine they'll be any more common than the originals.

You're right, we don't know anything about the 'flow' eggs yet.  We don't even know if their appearance was intentional.  I think they'll be rare, but that's just like... my opinion, man.

5 minutes ago, HawktalonOfRiverClan said:

I got a new green and black from breeding old Xenos as well as the new blue Alpine. So there's definitely some overlap in how they're obtained. Hmm...

Yeah. I think as more time passes we'll get a better idea of what the breeding pattern is like, or if there even is a pattern and not random. 🤔

2 hours ago, Serotina said:

So it *is* an anniversary type thing? I didn't realize the date was exactly the same (June 27), I just knew it was June 2015 that they released. That's neat, if so!

Could possibly explain the back-to-back large drops. They wouldn't really be able delay the release. Nor could they delay the birthday release, those are both locked in date-wise.

Maybe it's some kind of anniversary thing. I didn't realize about the date before until I checked the Xenos release topic. Anyway I like it's the same day!

Btw, for those wondering about the breeding pattern, maybe this info from the Wiki could help:

Breeding patterns have been confirmed by Birdzgoboom, being based on biomes, and are as follows:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):
Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation
Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed
Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):
Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:
Outcome 1: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent A
Outcome 2: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent B
Outcome 3: They have a smaller chance to breed one of the other 4 (or 5 if both parents are the same variation) Xeno variations.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Thalassa_Xenowyrm

Edited by Kegluneq

29 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I'm really not a fan of secret stuff that you have to be in the Discord or stalking the right forum thread to even be aware of. A little too cliquey for me. 😕  I guess I just won't get a pair of these ones on release day like I usually go out of my way to do for CB drops. I like the other six hatchlings, at least.

Agree with this. 

Hope these will be available in the market, because I have yet to see a single one.

I am a little disappointed and excited about these new eggs.

My disappointment is from no description on said eggs so I have no idea what to look for 

My excitement is from the possiblity of new dragons

My sadness is I have not seen a single one yet

I guess you have to be on the inside track or be buddy buddies for said knowledge

Edited by CCatspaw

Did the drop suddenly stopped before 24hrs? Been online trying to get some of the new eggs for the last 3 hours and haven't seen any around

4 minutes ago, CCatspaw said:

My disappointment is from no description on said eggs so I have no idea what to look for

Six have the same description as Xenowyrms: "Mana courses throughout this glassy egg."

One has the description: "Mana flows throughout this glassy egg."

1 minute ago, Kaiserf11 said:

Did the drop suddenly stopped before 24hrs? Been online trying to get some of the new eggs for the last 3 hours and haven't seen any around

They are still dropping, mixed in with the other eggs, and going fast.  I'm seeing them but catching isn't easy! 🤪

Also I'd just like to say the new Forest morph with the little flower on it's back is ultra cute and I can't wait to see the adult.

1 minute ago, Maiden said:

They are still dropping, mixed in with the other eggs, and going fast.  I'm seeing them but catching isn't easy! 🤪

Also I'd just like to say the new Forest morph with the little flower on it's back is ultra cute and I can't wait to see the adult.

Oh great! Thanks for confirming, I was worried I could only catch 2 of the new breeds. I agree that new forest one is quite interesting, seems like it would make a great pair for the Gaia Xeno (the green one, not sure if that the right name lol)

1 hour ago, Kegluneq said:

Maybe it's some kind of anniversary thing. I didn't realize about the date before until I checked the Xenos release topic. Anyway I like it's the same day!

Btw, for those wondering about the breeding pattern, maybe this info from the Wiki could help:

Breeding patterns have been confirmed by Birdzgoboom, being based on biomes, and are as follows:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):
Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):
Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:
Outcome 1: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent A
Outcome 2: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent B
Outcome 3: They have a smaller chance to breed one of the other 4 (or 5 if both parents are the same variation) Xeno variations.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Thalassa_Xenowyrm

IS this for the new ones or the onld ones?

4 minutes ago, Kaiserf11 said:

IS this for the new ones or the onld ones?

It's for the old ones. But if these new dragons are "the 7 (counting the neutral one) remaining Xenos" maybe these breeding mechanics apply.

For example, let's say you breed an Astrapi with a Magma, you could get:

-An Astrapi

-A Magma

-A Pyro

-OR a new "Xeno" from Volcano.

Another example, you pair a Thalassa and a Chrono: you get either a Thalassa or a Chrono or one of the other 11 variations (assuming these new on es are Xenos too)

I'm just theorizing but like I said, if these new ones are Xenos too they may be subject of those breeding mechanics.

16 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

It's for the old ones. But if these new dragons are "the 7 (counting the neutral one) remaining Xenos" maybe these breeding mechanics apply.

For example, let's say you breed an Astrapi with a Magma, you could get:

-An Astrapi

-A Magma

-A Pyro

-OR a new "Xeno" from Volcano.

Another example, you pair a Thalassa and a Chrono: you get either a Thalassa or a Chrono or one of the other 11 variations (assuming these new on es are Xenos too)

I'm just theorizing but like I said, if these new ones are Xenos too they may be subject of those breeding mechanics.

Oh I see. Didn't knew about this mechanics, nice to know! I do agree, if the new breeds are Xenos, then they will probably apply to them too.

That 7th one tho, is it really a Neutral one or was it a glitch? Earlier in the day I ready some people saying it was breed only and even the DC Wiki (I know its not technically official) sorted it as Breed only, so I'm confused about its status, specially because it doesn't appear among TJ's eggs.

i missed a hole day without realising there was a new release, and a rare bread at that!, i hate when i catch one of the old Xenos thinking it's the new ones XD

4 minutes ago, Kaiserf11 said:

Oh I see. Didn't knew about this mechanics, nice to know! I do agree, if the new breeds are Xenos, then they will probably apply to them too.

That 7th one tho, is it really a Neutral one or was it a glitch? Earlier in the day I ready some people saying it was breed only and even the DC Wiki (I know its not technically official) sorted it as Breed only, so I'm confused about its status, specially because it doesn't appear among TJ's eggs.

The 7th one seems to be a Neutral one. About 24 hours ago I saw some of the Flow eggs around this topic. The Neutral one actually exists, and it's the only one I lack T_T I don't know why is not among TJ's eggs (now hatchies).

@meruru I'm wondering the same lol, now every biome has 2 different Xenos (I really hope they are) *o*

Well, so sorry but I don't see this Mana flows -egg as a "mystery" or "secret". Fine not being on TJ's bunch, fine having different time of appearance and fine being hard to catch. What I consider a simple dirty trick was announcing on the Currently.. wiki that it was a breed-only - and then dropping it in the cave. That's not even an April Fool kind of lie which is meant to be something anybody has a chance of cathing is a lie. It was a lie, just that, and not the kind of lie I'd have expected at DC. If it was not a lie but any kind of mess, I'd like to see an apology at least.

10 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

Well, so sorry but I don't see this Mana flows -egg as a "mystery" or "secret". Fine not being on TJ's bunch, fine having different time of appearance and fine being hard to catch. What I consider a simple dirty trick was announcing on the Currently.. wiki that it was a breed-only - and then dropping it in the cave. That's not even an April Fool kind of lie which is meant to be something anybody has a chance of cathing is a lie. It was a lie, just that, and not the kind of lie I'd have expected at DC. If it was not a lie but any kind of mess, I'd like to see an apology at least.

It wasn't a trick! What happened was it was found when people started breeding xenos to see if the new ones would drop and then suddenly someone got a new egg, egg that wasn't in biomes as far as anyone could tell. So it was assumed to be a hybrid/bred only. The wiki was going off of what was known, also its a fan wiki, its never 100% accurate. It seems like the egg was broken, tj was spotted online shortly before they started dropping in cave. 

Edited by Tinibree