TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Thought the mystery thingy was breed only and did not even hunt for it yesterday. Have yet to see one in the cave. I really hope I will be able to catch one or two or trade for them soonish, it's sooo pretty.

But all the Xenos seem fairly catchable to me so far. Which is great considering I'm very hyped to see how they all turn out! The colors are so promising. Can't possibly decide on a favourite (at least for now). The hatchies alone are quite the sight already. ❤️

Without seeing the adults yet, my favs so far are the Desert and the Jungle. Next comes the Coast and Alpine followed by forest and Volcano. I'm holding back my final judgement until we see the adults. I love the Flow one as well. I really really wish we could freeze eggs. Someone said it before, but the purple jungle Xeno looks like grape hard candy. 

2 hours ago, schenanigans said:

No no, any Xeno can randomly breed it. Xeno x nocturne just happened to be the first pair bred that produced one 

Ahh I see! I only saw that pairing mentioned when I browsed through! Thank you

55 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Just wanted to apologize in advance for the wave of mostly messy Xenos that will be in the AP in a few days. I was trying different strats to see what gives better odds for new eggs. I thought it was maybe related to biome, but a coastal xeno x coastal common dragon gave me a new red-grey xeno originally located in the volcano, so no dice with that theory.

Holidays are random too, as are breeding them with Avatars. I got a Forest, Desert and Alpine breeding with those.

Same here; bred a bunch of Xenos with no luck. Probably gonna be months before I accidentally stumble upon one...😑

Edited by White Fox

56 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Just wanted to apologize in advance for the wave of mostly messy Xenos that will be in the AP in a few days. I was trying different strats to see what gives better odds for new eggs. I thought it was maybe related to biome, but a coastal xeno x coastal common dragon gave me a new red-grey xeno originally located in the volcano, so no dice with that theory.

Holidays are random too, as are breeding them with Avatars. I got a Forest, Desert and Alpine breeding with those.

Oh, were those xenos bred to lineaged or caveborn mates? When a Xeno is bred to a lineaged, market, or cave biome dragon, they can produce a random Xeno.... so it makes sense that things like the avatar were random. If you bred a Thalassa to a CB Coast common and it produced a volcano, pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. 

And no worries, ComatosedRoses! Glad to help :3

Edited by schenanigans

2 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Oh, were those xenos bred to lineaged or caveborn mates? When a Xeno is bred to a lineaged, market, or cave biome dragon, they can produce a random Xeno.... so it makes sense that things like the avatar were random. If you bred a Thalassa to a CB Coast common and it produced a volcano, pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. 

Hmm. That's a good point. I didn't really focus on lineage for the Astrapi and Chronos I bred. I don't have that many CB's of the first Xeno's, but I can try and see for sure with the others. 

4 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

That would make sense.

The only flow egg I could breed (and that got auto-abandoned because I was already locked and just experimenting around) came from a lineaged Mageia and a CB from last month. So bred Xenos x anything else might produce flows, it seems.

8 minutes ago, Arkee said:

That would make sense.

The only flow egg I could breed (and that got auto-abandoned because I was already locked and just experimenting around) came from a lineaged Mageia and a CB from last month. So bred Xenos x anything else might produce flows, it seems.

It seems like any Xeno can produce them - we've seen them come from bred xenos, and a few of us the other night got them from CB Xenos. I myself got a 2G Flow from Gaia x Deepsea

I had bad luck and got no egg at all, followed by nothing but old xenos being produced from my xenos.

On the lighter side...plenty of nice 2nd gen. Xenos will be in the AP within the next few days.

Just bred through all my remaining CB Xenos and the ones that gave me eggs bred true to their color. Not sure what that means exactly regarding what's possible, but those are the stats I have. I made sure their mates matched which biomes they were caught from.

I ended up with one of the new volcanoes from two CB Gaias, so there is that.  None of the flows yet though.

I'm so surprised we haven't heard ANYTHING from any of the people coordinating this release this far into it, the mystery egg makes it kinda hard to collect enough when you're only silver level from going on hiatus.... Especially with such short time on the initial flood

But hey I guess we'll see what happens when they all grow up huh

Ooh! More Xenowyrms?? I haven't been super active lately so I completely missed this!

edit: And there's a new secret dragon too, very interesting!

Edited by Aqub

I made it!!!  Finally!!!!  I finally got one of from each Biome!  When I finally was able to grab my sixth Egg, I was somehow able to grab another in the same Biome...  I've been gendering all as Males, do #7 became a female...             lol

I will now try for another in each Biome to gender female, but the pressure is off...  I got a very late start and between, the site glitching and it being quite hard time of it grabbing the Eggs that I wanted...  I seem to be getting better at this, hahaha, I only had one mis-click!

Since my last post here five hours ago, I have been unable to grab any more Xenos...  sigh, giving it up for a while...

Edited by Husky51
additional writing

Oh man, so stoked for these lil guys! I just got egglocked. They are still spawning occasionally on the big drops but takes some persistence to get.

I have been hunting for hours and haven't seen even 1 "Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg." If it weren't for those who have posted their success here, I'd think it was a myth. Maybe I'll see some on my next search after my eggs hatch.

My eggs are cracking! I so rarely stick around for a second round of catching on-the-hatch, so this is pretty new and exciting. Wildly excited to start the hunt again and see the bunch of them grown up.

Haven't stuck around for any on-the-hour cave drops, so I'm not sure what the rates are looking like right now (though I hear it's not too good). I wonder if anyone has got an accurate picture of the frequency of "flow" eggs dropping!

10 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Where's PieMaster who is no longer named PieMaster?

I need a Xenowyrm Hype train image.

Edit: And to help with any confusion for late comers -

BZsu8va.png

there cannot be a new hype train yet

for we do not have

adults

but

when the time comes

i will do my utmost

to provide

h y p e*

- rupi kaur

*permissions pending, remember to always check artist permissions folks thx ily go catch dragons and also be gay, do crime

Edited by Pixxelation

The dilemma:  drop a second egg from forest/volcano, knowing they might become fairly uncommon for a long time, in order to look for a flow egg that is rare right now?  Or, keep all current eggs and wait until the flow egg comes to the market and blow carefully hoarded shards (for possible future prize dragon) on one then? 

What to do, what to do? 

Hours of hunting later and I have at least one of everything except the flow egg. Gonna have to try again tomorrow on that one.

Wait, did I miss something?  Is there yet Another new egg to look for?  What's this about a mystery/secret egg?  

Edited by Aizaka
clarification

1 hour ago, blackdragon71 said:

The dilemma:  drop a second egg from forest/volcano, knowing they might become fairly uncommon for a long time, in order to look for a flow egg that is rare right now?  Or, keep all current eggs and wait until the flow egg comes to the market and blow carefully hoarded shards (for possible future prize dragon) on one then? 

What to do, what to do? 

I dropped an egg to hunt for flows, was hunting for 5 hours and only saw ONE and didn't catch it in all that time. It kind of feels like a lost cause rn.