TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

10 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

Well, so sorry but I don't see this Mana flows -egg as a "mystery" or "secret". Fine not being on TJ's bunch, fine having different time of appearance and fine being hard to catch. What I consider a simple dirty trick was announcing on the Currently.. wiki that it was a breed-only - and then dropping it in the cave. That's not even an April Fool kind of lie which is meant to be something anybody has a chance of cathing is a lie. It was a lie, just that, and not the kind of lie I'd have expected at DC. If it was not a lie but any kind of mess, I'd like to see an apology at least.

You do know that the Wiki is run by users, not TJ, right? The users fill it in with what they think is right and what TJ or artists have confirmed in the thread. If they are wrong, that's not TJ's fault.

2 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

... egg that wasn't in biomes as far as anyone could tell. 

Exactly, Yesterday I arrived early for this release and didn't see that Neutral egg in the biomes during the time I was hunting. I saw links of the bred eggs and I also thought -at first- they'd only be obtained by breeding, later on I found out they drop in biomes as well.

Only just found out about the secret one! I threw out one of my CB duplicates of the new xenos and have been looking for it but hoo boy I have not seen a single one in the caves let alone caught one. My old xeno breedings didn't turn up anything new either. 

I think the idea of the secret 7th one is really cool :) and I think as a community we've always loved xenos, so it's cool to get more. I can't wait to see what the adults look like.

3 hours ago, tjekan said:

Are the rare variant still dropping in the biomes? I had no idea they were there till I happened to be reading the forum, and I've been looking in the drops every five minutes and not seen even one yet.

I'm really not a fan of secret stuff that you have to be in the Discord or stalking the right forum thread to even be aware of. A little too cliquey for me. 😕  I guess I just won't get a pair of these ones on release day like I usually go out of my way to do for CB drops. I like the other six hatchlings, at least.

As soon as people bred the other variant, information was immediately starting to be gathered and shared BOTH in discord and on this thread - liferally the two most public avenues that us players could utilize to spread awareness. That is not cliquey, I'm sorry. Obviously TJ's intent was for the other variant to be dropped this way or he would have them on the front page. 

I don't have "the seventh egg" and I'm not dropping the ones I've got to go hunting for it. 

It will be avaliable 'eventually' ;) Many things were thought to be rare on release. 

And if it's a glitch then TJ will fix it, probably turning the eggs into something else.

I hope the 7th one won't be the new gold egg lol since i'd like to have some XD

how rare is it? is there a specific time for them to drop or completely RNG?

1 minute ago, meruru said:

As far as we know it's completely ranodm

I understand the frustration of having to find a rare egg, but isn't it satisfactory when you finally manage? I personally dont mind a new super rare egg in cave, it will at the very least keep a bit of variety in trades.  Bluesang, Coppers were also extremely rare shortly after their relase, but eventually the cave balanced itself.

I didn't catched hte mistery egg so far, but the hunt is intriguing. Maybe there is a secret mechanic about it that makes it turn into that depending on what's on your scroll. Just few more days and we'll found out ^^

34 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

As far as we know it's completely ranodm

I understand the frustration of having to find a rare egg, but isn't it satisfactory when you finally manage? I personally dont mind a new super rare egg in cave, it will at the very least keep a bit of variety in trades.  Bluesang, Coppers were also extremely rare shortly after their relase, but eventually the cave balanced itself.

I didn't catched hte mistery egg so far, but the hunt is intriguing. Maybe there is a secret mechanic about it that makes it turn into that depending on what's on your scroll. Just few more days and we'll found out ^^

19 years of playing this game and only managed to catch 1 cb gold is not fun dear XD

but i'll hope they won't be that rare, or i'll just give up and save up some shards.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, meruru said:

I think it won't be that rare. I guess it would be replace Xenowyrms release during daytime. As everyone thought it was bred-only before 6am and couldn't find them anymore on evening.I tried hunting 7th ones around 6AM-8AM and those were more common than Xenos.

Edited by sh20000sh

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, ealbiest said:

Well, so sorry but I don't see this Mana flows -egg as a "mystery" or "secret". Fine not being on TJ's bunch, fine having different time of appearance and fine being hard to catch. What I consider a simple dirty trick was announcing on the Currently.. wiki that it was a breed-only - and then dropping it in the cave. That's not even an April Fool kind of lie which is meant to be something anybody has a chance of cathing is a lie. It was a lie, just that, and not the kind of lie I'd have expected at DC. If it was not a lie but any kind of mess, I'd like to see an apology at least.

At the time that the "Flow" egg was added to the Currently Being Release page, the eggs had only been found via breeding. The eggs were not dropping in the cave until after the "breed-only" denotation was added to the wiki- there were no known CBs other than TJ's eggs. Not only is DC not at fault by account of the wiki being fan-run, neither is the wiki itself.

Edited by Paintra

I personally think it was supposed to be some kind of 'Sinomorph'. Which also wasn't actually introduced during release.

Loving this release, so many eggs it's been amazing and such fun getting them, I love big releases like this the scramble to get them all is so fun love a good DC challenge :) the mystery egg personally I thought was a great touch and a fun surprise even if it dose turn out to be accidental, and come on who doesn't love xenos. :) 

Thank you TJ for an amazingly fun release and thank you to spriters and all involved, the eggs were beautiful and the hatchlings are adorable little noodles, carnt wait to see the adults and learn about them.

But only time will tell if one of the new noodles pushes the Gaia from my top xeno spot.

I have yet to see the "flow" egg in the cave so I give up on that one. Yet another one I'll likely never have.

I've been trying to catch a second Jungle xeno and can't even do that either. Not happy with how this release went :(

Ah, I only thought to check the release news today! Hopefully I can catch a batch of these this weekend still. If not, I'll be hunting for them in the future :) I"m curious about the bred egg nad will read up about it later :D

Wow I was at work all day yesterday and so missed this release.  Not seeing any in the cave - just the usuals.  Guess I'll just trade for or buy them.  Too bad.  Takes the fun away from this game.

2 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

Wow I was at work all day yesterday and so missed this release.  Not seeing any in the cave - just the usuals.  Guess I'll just trade for or buy them.  Too bad.  Takes the fun away from this game.

Still in drops only mixed

Wow, I’ve been trying to breed more of the new eggs for those who couldn’t catch them, and nothing happening. Yesterday I was having some success, maybe one in four or five attempts were giving me a new breed. This morning I must have bred about 25 or more and only managed to get original Xenos. Still, there’ll be some really pretty second gens coming up in the AP in a couple of days!

4 hours ago, ealbiest said:

Wikis are community projects .They're editable by anyone in the community and depend on the whole community to keep them accurate.

From what I understand, Currently Being Released documented what was accurate at the start of the release. Going by what people have said in this thread and on the discords, that variant was bred-only for the first hours of the release, and the behavior changed somewhere around the 6 am drop. The wiki was soon updated to reflect these new observations. I deeply appreciate people who are willing to jump in to start documenting new releases. It's not always easy, particularly when you have large releases, "secret" releases, or new game mechanics introduced. Sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes behavior changes rapidly with new releases.

Nobody was lying here, and the wiki is not an official part of the site. As a wiki admin, I don't like to see our contributors accused of lying when they were acting in good faith with what information was available.

If you have any further issues with the wiki, feel free to leave a note on the talk page or send me a direct message.

5 hours ago, ealbiest said:

Well, so sorry but I don't see this Mana flows -egg as a "mystery" or "secret". Fine not being on TJ's bunch, fine having different time of appearance and fine being hard to catch. What I consider a simple dirty trick was announcing on the Currently.. wiki that it was a breed-only - and then dropping it in the cave. That's not even an April Fool kind of lie which is meant to be something anybody has a chance of catching is a lie. It was a lie, just that, and not the kind of lie I'd have expected at DC. If it was not a lie but any kind of mess, I'd like to see an apology at least.

NOT happening. You have completely misunderstood the wiki, which has nothing to do with TJ09. (And I have no idea what you mean by "TJ's bunch" - this release was the same for all of us with the possible exception of the spriter, who, alone with TJ, will have known what they created.)

18 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Wikis are community projects .They're editable by anyone in the community and depend on the whole community to keep them accurate.

From what I understand, Currently Being Released documented what was accurate at the start of the release. Going by what people have said in this thread and on the discords, that variant was bred-only for the first hours of the release, and the behavior changed somewhere around the 6 am drop. The wiki was soon updated to reflect these new observations. I deeply appreciate people who are willing to jump in to start documenting new releases. It's not always easy, particularly when you have large releases, "secret" releases, or new game mechanics introduced. Sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes behavior changes rapidly with new releases.

Nobody was lying here, and the wiki is not an official part of the site. As a wiki admin, I don't like to see our contributors accused of lying when they were acting in good faith with what information was available.

If you have any further issues with the wiki, feel free to leave a note on the talk page or send me a direct message.

VERY WELL SAID. As someone who edits the wiki from time to time, it is very hard to keep up with things - but this was all reported exactly as it happened, as it was experienced - by volunteers who were playing and recording what they observed for the information of others. We are very lucky to have the wiki at all. Thanks for all you and others do, Stromboli.

Are the cb flows still dropping in the biomes? Or they are gone? 😅

i think but i am currently egglocked so i will not look because that will make me jealous