TJ09

2020-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 14th Birthday!

1 hour ago, spatio said:

For everyone wondering if there was any theme method to our madness, this release was intended as a care package.  A big thank-you from all of us for being an awesome community; we're right there with you and together we're gonna get through this.  I hope you all enjoy the release!

ddxyfv7-72974932-eb85-4c24-a651-bc3353e4

Oh wow! Now you have me in tears. Thanks so much!!

Just wow. The adults and the whole idea are wonderful. Thank you and stay safe everyone!

Edited by Varislapsi

1 hour ago, spatio said:

For everyone wondering if there was any theme method to our madness, this release was intended as a care package.  A big thank-you from all of us for being an awesome community; we're right there with you and together we're gonna get through this.  I hope you all enjoy the release!

:wub:

This is awesome. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Herk said:

Just when I thought I couldn't love this community and this release more ❤️

You guys ACTUALLY had me teary eyed *sniff*

Thanks to you all and stay safe:wub:

Me, too. *sniffs and hunts out tissues*

22 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

(if anyone could do a mockup, I'd be very grateful!)

Something like this?

3SPrOYC.jpg

1 hour ago, spatio said:

I am crying my eyes out! You are all awesome, thank you so much and stay safe and happy yourselves! ❤️❤️❤️

22 minutes ago, Herk said:

ddxyfv7-72974932-eb85-4c24-a651-bc3353e417c8.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2IyNWM0OTMtZTRmNy00OTFhLWEwYWEtNjY2NTBlYzczMmRjXC9kZHh5ZnY3LTcyOTc0OTMyLWViODUtNGMyNC1hNjUxLWJjMzM1M2U0MTdjOC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.S8rdUS9hQP4QpCnoyvkLpqk7pV4df0tj2tRMjJNr1BY

Just when I thought I couldn't love this community and this release more ❤️

You guys ACTUALLY had me teary eyed *sniff*

Thanks to you all and stay safe:wub:

People were right ! That's so wonderful :) Thank you all.

I absolutely love this release even more. :wub: Thank you guys for caring so much about us. ❤️

19 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

Something like this?

3SPrOYC.jpg

Thank you so much! This comes out even better than I'd hoped. :) Definitely going to need more Undine, white, and daydream. 😆

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I say they are lovely indeed! I really like the shades of the sprite and how soft they look. Are they classifed as Eastern?

Thank you! And yes, they're Easterns. :)

2 hours ago, spatio said:

This is amazing. Thank you so much! :wub: 

50 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

Niiiiicee to see Last Unicorn reference but also

Actually, the name Amalthe(i)a (which is used in The Last Unicorn) is a reference to Greek mythology. Amalthea took care of baby Zeus, and - depending on the source - did so with goat's milk or was a one-horned goat herself. (Metamorphosis, anyone?) Anyway, that's where the name is from, and also one of the origins of the unicorn myths.

Edited by olympe

Thanks for all the new dragons. I love the description for the socially distanced one!!

ETA: Awww, I didn't see the card before. That is so sweet! You guys stay well too! 😄

Edited by tjekan

5 minutes ago, Skyrix said:

psst the alcedine color is randomized

Was there a first-day glitch? Every one that came from the first 8 hours of the drop was blue--multiple people confirmed. 🙂

Both colors look fantastic...

Edited by tjekan

9 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I really dislike breeds with complicated breeding timers. I feel like I am two steps away from having to manage an ovulation calendar for all of them LOL. But these alcedine are soooooooo pretty, I am just going to have to deal with it and make lineages for them anyway!

The Alcedine are based on RNG. Confirmed by Infinis in the official DC Discord. There's no breed timer or anything for them.

12 minutes ago, olympe said:

Actually, the name Amalthe(i)a (which is used in The Last Unicorn) is a reference to Greek mythology. Amalthea took care of baby Zeus, and - depending on the source - did so with goat's milk or was a one-horned goat herself. (Metamorphosis, anyone?) Anyway, that's where the name is from, and also one of the origins of the unicorn myths.

Yes, I saw that when I read Hazeh's explanation. However, beyond just the name, the sprite itself looks uncannily like the Last Unicorn (or a unicorn in general, really) with similar mane, tail tuft, and hoof "feathers". 

2 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Was there a first-day glitch? Every one that came from the first 8 hours of the drop was blue--multiple people confirmed. 🙂

From Particle, on Discord:
"there was a glitch in the beginning preventing red ones from hatching when it was fixed they had to catch up so the blue ones stopped for a moment"

27 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

Something like this?

3SPrOYC.jpg

I'd have done that as a mirror, myself....

lineage.png.46a3a64a9d79a5209c01ba52dbd4fa1f.png

8 minutes ago, Skyrix said:

psst the alcedine color is randomized

1 minute ago, ValidEmotions said:

The Alcedine are based on RNG. Confirmed by Infinis in the official DC Discord. There's no breed timer or anything for them.

Okay, thanks for letting those of us on the forums (who don't go on Discord) know!

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd have done that as a mirror, myself....

lineage.png.46a3a64a9d79a5209c01ba52dbd4fa1f.png

Oh I like that!

7 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

Ah, I'm not on Discord, which explains that. It seems social media is almost a requirement to understand anything that goes on around here anymore. XD 

I'm not a huge fan of RNG either, but the Alcedines are one of my favorite designs in years, so just like nebulas, I will persevere!

Edited by tjekan

Lotl dragons, lotl dragons! 😍😍

Glad ya'll love the release, the artists worked so hard ❤️

oh my, I JUST finished reading all the new dragon descriptions and was about to post here how impressed I am by all those warm and caring dragon personalities, and now I know the reason why ❤️ ❤️

so sweet and touching, thanks so much! ❤️ You all stay safe and healthy!!

6 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

Oh I like that!

I see I missed a sprite there - but I do love mirrors.

image.png.a4d44c14bee4d065ed7c70990aae3c84.png

this is totally awesome! thank you! :)