TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

6 minutes ago, Merenwen said:

There are 40 possible red star dishes/ingredients that can be made.

Red star recipes cannot be discovered, even if you know the ingredients you'll need the recipe card to make them.

Recipes with a red star in the upper right corner function as raffle tickets for the site-wide raffle. To qualify, users have to gather the recipe and make the dish.

Question about this from the wiki, where does one find such a card? I've not yet come across them anywhere?

I think that some of the rules have changed since the original game. There no longer seem to be red stars, all the recipe cards are popping up on the site and you can make recipes that you don't have the card for. Also, no entries for raffle.

1 minute ago, Merenwen said:

thanks for the info, will try to make something. know I won't win but would like to get a raffle tickets at least by getting a red star card...

unless that part is wrong too.....

Raffles are monthly now. We don't have a contest for prizes. So no tickets.

ah ok thanks! so no stressing involved during holidays anymore LOL

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "recipes for raffle tickets" thing was specific to that year.

This year, anything categorized as "red star" is worth 50 rather than 10 candy, and you can make anything without a recipe card.  (I just tested this by scrolling through the wiki's list of recipes and picking one I had ingredients for but hadn't picked up a card for.)

12 minutes ago, Sashimi said:

But we can just find those also?

You should have received two blanks as a default. They're at the top of your recipe list.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've no idea if there's a raffle.... @TJ09 - please clarify ?

I would have thought he would have said something. That info quoted just above is directly from the wiki about the old event. Its ALWAYS stated in the news when we have a contest like that.

Edited by DragonLady86

Has anyone been able to access their gingerbread houses yet? I haven't and I'm wondering it's due to having to remake all the recipes first.

WB

10 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Has anyone been able to access their gingerbread houses yet? I haven't and I'm wondering it's due to having to remake all the recipes first.

WB

As of yet everyone only has access to trees and cooking given door two only gave candy. 

OK rng, I really don't need more yeast right now, but I sure could use some sugar! XD

31 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

As of yet everyone only has access to trees and cooking given door two only gave candy. 

Ahh. Thank you! ^^

WB

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

OK rng, I really don't need more yeast right now, but I sure could use some sugar! XD

You and me both. I could cover the kitchen in flour if I wanted to, but sugar hardly crops up.

As with others, impossible to decorate the tree on mobile. Maddening, since I work 40hrs in the next 3 days.

Dunno if this happens to anyone else, but whenever a recipe or ingredient appears at the very bottom of the page, I gotta click around on biomes til it appears elsewhere. The ads block it, cover it up, even if I tap it first. I've waited for new ingredients to appear for 30 min at times, thinking I'd already grabbed one! Just a heads up for others.

6 minutes ago, Dragon Mage said:

As with others, impossible to decorate the tree on mobile. Maddening, since I work 40hrs in the next 3 days.

Dunno if this happens to anyone else, but whenever a recipe or ingredient appears at the very bottom of the page, I gotta click around on biomes til it appears elsewhere. The ads block it, cover it up, even if I tap it first.

The ads are blocking it for me, too, when I play on mobile. It helped me to remain in the "kitchen".

@Merenwen That was how the raffle tickets were given out back then. But that isn't the case any more. You know we have monthly raffles now instead of the yearly one. :) 

Hey! A different candy counter today! No idea what the design is.
mEclVZk.jpg

I'm thinking of starting a tree decoration thread where we can all share our trees for posterity or some such. :)

There was one way back when...

Here it is: but it's closed.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I have entirely too many eggs and herbs, goodness. Definitely wish we could trade ingredients we have a lot of! 

I grabbed one new egg last night, trying to decide if I want to grab a second or not. Not overly excited about the hatchies so far, curious about the adults though.

I don't think I've collected a single egg yet.  5 flour and 2s and 3s of other things, though.

14 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I don't think I've collected a single egg yet.  5 flour and 2s and 3s of other things, though.

I have 6x flour XD and can't do a thing with it, as I'd need sugar or eggs for most of the recipes, which are few and far between.

I also have 6x spices and fruit and 8x nuts...

17 hours ago, Cleo4 said:

Merry Christmas!

Beautiful new eggs.

Thanks for the video Syren. :lol:

You bet! I love finding good music for the season. Hope your's and everyone's holiday was awesome!

btw, I got both eggs, and not only are both codes awesome, but they compliment each others. Can't wait to show them off. or see what they grow into. I wants to start planning lineages for next year ASAP! lol

More herbs! I'm dying to make the ingredients needed to make the gingerbread house, but I have absolutely no sugar. *sends a plea to the rng*

Looks like the AP time is slowly going up, it was 3d23h when I went to bed and now it's at 4d1h.