TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I just realised my grandson has a different banner over the game than I do. Haw many different ones are there ? I have this: 

image.png.607ffe294096a5ac5c654fc5a9989e60.png

He has one with exciting looking wings and talons.... I am JEALOUS....

I have that one, too.

I wonder if the banners are connected to our joining years.

3 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Sooooo, where does one find the red starred recipes they’ve found? OuO 

Everything looks awesome. I’m mobile and everything has been working perfectly. Thank you to all spriters and programmers. :) Definitely some nostalgia going on over here. 

You find the recipes here: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Cooking#Collection_of_Recipes

Then you click on either the blank recipe card or blank prep card in the kitchen menu to begin making the recipes you don't have a card for yet.

15 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

My candy counting banner looks like a Yulebuck:

image.png.806efd2c802e8fae1ac46160ab904420.png

Mine looks like this one.

This is how my banner looks like! I'm very excited, because Solstice is my favourite holiday dragon, especially the rainbow-winged version!

image.png.479bcd64f0615c148302c77585ec6722.png

(Also, someone send some sugar, yeast, and ice, please... I have plenty of everything, but these three just don't want to drop...)

The holiday cooking event was my very favorite one, I think. I really enjoyed experimenting to see what I could make. It's a little different now that everything is a known quantity, but I'm still busily making everything just cause. 🙂

Oh yay I finally got some meat! Been needing that all day. I have 2 sugars at the moment but I'm hesitant to actually use them, with no idea how long until I'll get more. 

I'm now very curious what determines which candy-counting banner we get, I had no idea there were different ones. 

Aha! You can make Apple cider in the game! Funny, as I am also making mulled cider in real life :D 

Happy Holidays everyone 💚

I stopped getting ingredients and am only getting recipe cards. Not even the red star ones. I have the worst rng 😅

I can't actually place which dragon my bar is based off of. Snow Angel? Winter Magi? 

20191225_165957.jpg

Edit: I forgot these were used a few years ago for the snow warning event and is indeed the Winter Magi 

Edited by LadyNightshade

I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS EVENT I CAN'T EVEN

I CAN FINALLY HAVE A TREE BADGE

THANK YOU TJ

1 minute ago, ElpuntThing said:

Mine appears to be a holly! (not quite full yet though!)

image.png.887417fcfdd286d9f3e0ebca65c301f6.png

That's what mine is.

8 minutes ago, LadyNightshade said:

I stopped getting ingredients and am only getting recipe cards. Not even the red star ones. I have the worst rng 😅

I can't actually place which dragon my bar is based off of. Snow Angel? Winter Magi? 

20191225_165957.jpg

It's the Winter Magi progress bar. ^_^

The progress bars can be seen here: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Snow_Warning

I have the Ribbon Dancer one.

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I. Have. Just. Got. Sugar. It can come to my scroll!

It exists! I was starting to despair! 

Screenshot_20191225-180347.png

Here's my candy counter.  I really like that Winter Magi one.  The Snow Angel one reminds me of a crab. <_<
EkmRXNt.jpg

Decorated the tree, then tried different skins to see how they'd look.
gc7kTfA.jpgrxAAvmB.jpg

This one's a little messy.
aMod1zQ.jpg

This is my Solstice Dragon.  I didn't even realize there were different ones.  I find I'm annoyed that with these and the Snow Angels, one can't have different versions on the same scroll. That kinda sucks.
0RGmjwj.jpg

Edited by Emerald01
Because there's no "preview" option :-p

1 minute ago, Laura-Borealis said:

It exists! I was starting to despair! 

Screenshot_20191225-180347.png

OMG I think you're my good luck charm because as soon as I saw your post, I refreshed my scroll and got my first sugar too! Yay!!

@Emerald01CB Solstices are always rosy-winged. Bred Solstices can have either rosy or blue wings depending on what time of day they were bred. I don't remember what time for what wings

1 hour ago, Caerhann said:

This is how my banner looks like! I'm very excited, because Solstice is my favourite holiday dragon, especially the rainbow-winged version!

image.png.479bcd64f0615c148302c77585ec6722.png

(Also, someone send some sugar, yeast, and ice, please... I have plenty of everything, but these three just don't want to drop...)

Ohh, I have this one as well!

I like the cooking event, I just can't seem to find any recipes other than sliced apples. XD 

5 minutes ago, Emerald01 said:

This is my Solstice Dragon.  I didn't even realize there were different ones.  I find I'm annoyed that with these and the Snow Angels, one can't have different versions on the same scroll. That kinda sucks.
0RGmjwj.jpg

Your CBs will be colourful, but the bred ones can be blue... ninja'd...

Snow angels you can't change.

9 minutes ago, Sappheara said:

Untitled-1.png.370ada1a695bc46b75bc027ea5f75329.png

The snow angel is interesting.

Wow that's the one my grandson has. There are so many !

OK do we have a list of the doors?

How did the first one look like? Was there even one?

2 - Doctor Who

3 - ?

4 - MLP?  Monsters Inc. - I stand corrected, thanks @Starbit and @LadyNightshade

5 - ?

6 - LOTR

7 - Sherlock Holmes

8 - Harry Potter

9 - ?

Edited by Herk