TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

This is my tree so far! Yes, will have to do some re-arranging of course. :P I can't get my garland to line up right so have been overlapping, but that puts it mostly all on the left! I haven't decided what decorations to actually keep yet. Just trying them out. :) And I can't WAIT to see what this years dergs grow into!!!!! :D🤩

TREE 1.png

I wish there was a 'send to back' option on the tree decorations, and a flip option. I kinda want to put the tinsel on my tree but it'd go in front of my hard-placed lights and baubles :P

38 minutes ago, Twimm said:

I finally got eggs!

Now I have made my gingerbread house!

But - unlike the original game, once you make the gingerbread house, the mini-game to decorate your own gingerbread house doesn't appear. Hmmm.....

I think that will be behind another door.

I guess the gingerbread house and wreath decorating are two games I'm not going to participate much in. I like mine the way they are - although my wreath could make do with a little beautifying in some small places.

But judge for yourself: Rudolph in a wreath

And: My gingerbread house

59 minutes ago, olympe said:

Dear TJ Claus, I've been pretty good this year, so please give me some ice. I seriously need some to make use of all those cocoa beans you've given me. Thanks a bunch!

*sigh* 7 cocoa beans, no ice, so no chocolate. :( 

@DarkPhoenix1191 That requirement got dropped, although you still can find those stupid recipes instead of an ingredient.

Dear TJ Claus, I'm in the same situation. Please, be good and send some ice. Here in Argentina we're really in need because it's summer and we're melting. *sigh*

I finally got sugar and water to make soft candy, and what did it do when I tried to make it? It decided to make it a mess...

I think I know why that happened, and it is my fault, but it is still annoying because it took me a while to get the sugar and water. I forgot to make it an oven recipe instead of a preparation recipe though. That is what happened.

Edited by YukiHijikata

Okay I need some help!! If anyone can explain, I caught two AP Solstice's. (QGzxs, 78GyV) when do I throw them into the hatcheries to get them to be Rosy? I am not quite understanding the Daily Dragon fix.. (may be the migraine) 

and with the Event, I opened the Dr Who door the other day, and none of the other doors are glowing today - is there a special way to unlock them?

@ComatosedRoses

There are no more doors to open at the moment-it's only day two of the advent calendar, and there is one door per day. The first door opened yesterday and the Dr Who door opened today ("today" being by the east coast US timezone). The next door will be openable tomorrow.

1 minute ago, LascielsShadow said:

@ComatosedRoses

There are no more doors to open at the moment-it's only day two of the advent calendar, and there is one door per day. The first door opened yesterday and the Dr Who door opened today ("today" being by the east coast US timezone). The next door will be openable tomorrow.

Ah okay! I thought I was a day behind when the event started! Thank you ^_^ 

49 minutes ago, olympe said:

I guess the gingerbread house and wreath decorating are two games I'm not going to participate much in. I like mine the way they are - although my wreath could make do with a little beautifying in some small places.

But judge for yourself: Rudolph in a wreath

And: My gingerbread house

I clicked Rudolph and found him with three antlers! XD Then realized it was my next ingedient. ;)

Screenshot_20191226-165053.thumb.png.5e97f89b27969e29db1cec6012f08739.png

I, too, am missing sugar. And eggs.

17 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Okay I need some help!! If anyone can explain, I caught two AP Solstice's. (QGzxs, 78GyV) when do I throw them into the hatcheries to get them to be Rosy? I am not quite understanding the Daily Dragon fix.. (may be the migraine) 

It doesn't matter when they hatch - it matters when they were bred. You can put them into hatcheries whenever. :) The Solstice colour tool is just there to help you guess what colour the egg is going to be, based on how much time the egg still has to live (which tells you something about the time it was bred).

Happy Holidays to all!

I caught my new release dragons already, now to wait for them to hatch as I continually make huge messes in the cooking minigame.

18 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Simple - you can't influence what they'll look like. That's determined by the time of breeding.

ETA: Ninja'ed.

ETA again: @MidnightCapricorn If you need help, you might want to have a look at the wiki page for the *old* cooking game, the recipes are still the same.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Cooking

Only differences to the game back then: No raffle tickets (we have a monthly raffle now), and you can make any and all recipes without having to "find" them.

Edited by olympe

In true holiday fashion, I ran across one of my grand-eggs on the Abandoned Page, and disapproved of who their parent was mated with. 😂

Also in keeping with the holidays: I am drowning in nuts but can't do anything.

Edited by schmupti

I hope we get other things to spend candy on, I already have enough to open everything for the tree. But I spent days on it the first time and I'm quite proud of it as is, thus no reason to spend them. I've seen some speculation about opening the wreath and gingerbread house up too. Which, I suppose we shall see. 😕 not sure I want to change those either, but it would be something.

30 minutes ago, schmupti said:

In true holiday fashion, I ran across one of my grand-eggs on the Abandoned Page, and disapproved of who their parent was mated with. 😂

Well, I can understand that. I wish my dog were a little more discriminating sometimes. 😛

I am about to rage-quit the stupid cooking game. Sugar, Flour, Fruit, Meat... Why can't we trade for them? Or at least have them generate at a reasonable pace, as they are so vital to so many recipes. I swear, if I get any more stinking grain!  

I would also have loved a flip option for a number of the tree decorations. The birds all face the same way, so they tend to look a little strange when they add up.  I have to cheat it with Photoshop.

My trees:  I really don't know which is my favorite.  Also, it's funny how they look on different skins.  I was gonna put them here with spoiler tags, but I can't figure that out, for some reason.  I'm gonna make a tree post.

47 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Also in keeping with the holidays: I am drowning in nuts but can't do anything.

You could always turn them into peanut butter... (blank preparation recipe: nuts => peanut butter) Will give you at least 10 candy.

ETA: @Emerald01 You can easily *link* to your tree.

https://dragcave.net/tree/your_scrollname_here

Edited by olympe

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

You could always turn them into peanut butter... (blank preparation recipe: nuts => peanut butter) Will give you at least 10 candy.

This is the good thing this time around,  you don't have to make specific recipes. I got my candy yesterday by endlessly boiling water.

Well, at least we can boil water without making a mess. ;) 

Merry Christmas, everyone! :nyan: Thank you, TJ, spriters, and everyone involved with this release and the special holiday events.  Everything is truly spectacular and I am having loads of fun. Thank you so much! :wub:

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays, Dragon Cave! ^_^ 🎄

Had the Ribbon Dancer banner yesterday- got the Snow Angel one today.

Cant wait to see what the other banners look like. Anyone got screen shots?

10 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Had the Ribbon Dancer banner yesterday- got the Snow Angel one today.

Cant wait to see what the other banners look like. Anyone got screen shots?

You can find them all in the Wiki.  Just scroll a bit down that page.