TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

59 minutes ago, Dragon Mage said:

As with others, impossible to decorate the tree on mobile. Maddening, since I work 40hrs in the next 3 days.

Dunno if this happens to anyone else, but whenever a recipe or ingredient appears at the very bottom of the page, I gotta click around on biomes til it appears elsewhere. The ads block it, cover it up, even if I tap it first. I've waited for new ingredients to appear for 30 min at times, thinking I'd already grabbed one! Just a heads up for others.

Are you trying to decorate it with the desktop version of the site active or the mobile version? I'm using the mobile view for the tree on chrome and this has been the easiest year to move things around while on my phone. As for the ingredients I gave up trying to click them on mobile view due to the issues you're having, desktop view just makes it so much easier if your phone can handle it.20191226_110030.thumb.jpg.80d29bade53fa83a6d2fe453c6c9a07c.jpg

Sugar seems to be scarce. I see a lot of folks who need it -- so why do so many recipes need it?!

Now I keep getting more poultry! I have 4 fresh + one that I roasted!

Ugh, now I remember why I never liked the Holiday Cooking minigame. I never EVER get the ingredients I need, and when I think I have everything figured out to make the item I want... I picked the wrong recipe and there goes all my hard-earned ingredients. :angry: But since there's nothing else to do, I'll keep playing it until something much better comes along.

Milk x11, spices x7, grain x6... and no eggs or sugar since the beginning of the event. :rolleyes:

I have a better choice than that - but I do have 9 cocoa beans, 6 grain and 7 yeast.

Have you tried making yam-stuffed mushrooms? I just followed the recipe on the wiki page and it resulted in a mess. Double checked but I definitely put the ingredients it said. 

Edited by Niyaka

Augh! I knew I was forgetting something yesterday! Darn.... those dragons look neat so far.

I'm glad I could open both Advent doors today, though. Not in the mood to redecorate my tree, but it's great that we have the option!

6 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Have you tried making yam-stuffed mushrooms? I just followed the recipe on the wiki page and it resulted in a mess. Double checked but I definitely put the ingredients it said. 

Same here! I thought I'd maybe mixed up "preparation" and "oven" since I was multitasking at the time (and the ingredients were definitely right), but if it happened to you, too, it might have to do with the recipe, after all.

Darn - I was aiming for that. I'll do string bean casserole instead !

Seeing how amazing the hatchies are, I'm going to need to find messies to freeze next year. 

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Seeing how amazing the hatchies are, I'm going to need to find messies to freeze next year. 

Good luck! I've been doing the same with Starsingers this year, they go so fast in the AP and most the ones I do grab are 2nd-gens. Did manage to find 4 messies throughout the week though.

Finally got a Sugar, used it to make the sweet dough, now need to wait for another sugar to make the caramel. I will make a gingerbread house eventually dagnabit!

I wish we could trade ingredients. I have been clicking ingredients like crazy for two days and have only gotten two flour. That really seriously affects my ability to make things.

On the other hand, if you want fermented mushrooms, I have got you COVERED, baby!

I picked up some flour just now, refreshed immediately and there was yeast in the same spot. The dragons have made themselves clear: it's time to bake bread.

I finally got eggs!

Now I have made my gingerbread house!

But - unlike the original game, once you make the gingerbread house, the mini-game to decorate your own gingerbread house doesn't appear. Hmmm.....

So....I'm confused. I managed to get ice cream and had an apple pie I'd made earlier so I combined the two according to the google spreadsheet to make Apple Pie a la mode and I got it. But then I realized that I was supposed to have had a recipe card to even make that in the first place...and I did NOT have the recipe card before making it. Is this a bug or did the recipe card requirement get dropped?

Dear TJ Claus, I've been pretty good this year, so please give me some ice. I seriously need some to make use of all those cocoa beans you've given me. Thanks a bunch!

*sigh* 7 cocoa beans, no ice, so no chocolate. :( 

@DarkPhoenix1191 That requirement got dropped, although you still can find those stupid recipes instead of an ingredient.

Edited by olympe

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

@DarkPhoenix1191 That requirement got dropped, although you still can find those stupid recipes instead of an ingredient.

Thank you very much, now I can go make even more recipes I thought I would need to get first lol!

I just checked my ingredients / the food I've made and realized I haven't made a single item with sugar in it. Wasted my only couple of sugars trying to figure out how to make cookies before I realized you could find recipes, and I haven't found a single sugar since...

My kingdom for sugar, eggs, and water. I have lots of ice, but can't boil it down for water. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrg. 

The one ingredient I've got most of right now is grain (28), and glancing at the wiki it looks like grain can be used in a grand total of three dishes. Meanwhile sugar continues to go the the average price of a moon rabbit's left toe.