TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I'm so glad we get to play the old events. I'm really looking forward to the rpg from... 2015 I think it was? XD

The new hatchie looks so adorable! It reminds me of a cookie... which in retrospect, might be why this years first post features christmas cookies? 

I don't know if TJ has changed something but few hours earlier I could easily grab items for tree decorating, but now it seems to be impossible. I'm talking about mobile version. Weird....

But dragon and event look so good! :D

Edited by Cyberr

I like the new 'unable to breed' message on the recently-grown holidays! Thanks, TJ! :D

1557258168_2019m1nts.jpg.1581dae639a58cc784ea20dd43785314.jpg

I'm breeding the last of my CBs right now, decided to test out some pairings with my Aqualis army, wow! Some of the blue-ish holiday dragons look really nice with Aqualises! 

(And, uh, did the drop rate for ingredients just increase dramatically? I've gotten like 5 ingredients in the last 10 minutes!)

18 minutes ago, Cyberr said:

I don't know if TJ has changed something but few hours earlier I could easily grab items for tree decorating, but now it seems to be impossible. I'm talking about mobile version. Weird....

But dragon and event look so good! :D

The same is happening for me - I can’t move items anymore. Worked fine yesterday evening 

I spy the Doors of Moria.

And now I'm trying to memorize the Song of Durin again. I am a nerd LOL

Edited by GuesssWho

*Is reviewing descriptions, when a dusk pygmy comes up.*

Me: Aha! An ingredient!

...I don't think the dragon's owner would appreciate if I made her into a pie.

8 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

*Is reviewing descriptions, when a dusk pygmy comes up.*

Me: Aha! An ingredient!

...I don't think the dragon's owner would appreciate if I made her into a pie.

Omg I laughed way too hard at this! Poor pygmy is not food! 😄

2010, the very first Christmas/Holiday 'event', had Tree Decorating. It was also the introduction of Prizes, which was connected to voting on tree decorating.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

2010, the very first Christmas/Holiday 'event', had Tree Decorating. It was also the introduction of Prizes, which was connected to voting on tree decorating.

Thx. I thought I missed something. LOL

2 hours ago, araminta said:

I haven't seen anyone post my candy meter, so this is it 😊

Screenshot_20191226-023118_Samsung Internet.jpg

That’s the same one I have :) 

I love the colours on the Hatchlings! Can’t wait to see the adults ^^

Edited by Pliskin

3 hours ago, Twimm said:

how do you get the red star recipes again?

According to the wiki, you can't find them. Which means you have to either guess (good luck...) or see the ingredients posted elsewhere. But the wiki also says you can't learn a recipe, and I just made apple cider and it got added to my recipe list, so not sure if it's accurate.

Omg! I just realized the flower door is BOO’S door from Monsters inc! I love it! Probably the only one I recognize tbh. Happy Holidays everybody!!! I’m in love with this event and I adore the look of the new hatchies. I can’t wait to see them all grown!

2 minutes ago, casprrr said:

Is the event for day 2 merely new decorations for tree decorating?

Unlocks one of your locked sets  (gold for me) I'm more curious what the second line means: 500 candy canes. Because I didn't get any for opening the door.

I don't get why we have to pay 500 candy for a random set of deco, can't we get 5 sets of chosen sets for that price?

(Edit: nevermind, i misunderstood, it gives a random set of deco+500 candy .-.)

Edited by Corseiss

Hmm, I'm curious if later doors will have different games to spend candy on? I'm not really interested in redoing my tree, but having '900 candy' staring at me is making me itch to spend it!

@Corseiss In what way? Personally, it reminded me of the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, though I can;t say exactly why...I'm also stumped by the top corners and the bottom-right door, assuming that they're all references.