TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Ugh, no, I hope the Snow Wars aspect doesn't come back. I don't want to remake my fort!

As far as cooking goes, I chilled out about ingredient shortage once I realized there is no motivation to do every recipe there is (other than being a completionist). It's just a way to generate candy for the unlocks. And we've still got days, odds are the drops will even up.

I managed to run out eggs and sugar early on this morning.  I was trying to make the gingerbread house. That will have to wait now until tomorrow when I get more ingredients.  I did manage to max out my daily candy limit by making things that didn't need eggs or sugar but were red star recipes like: cabbage rolls, fruit salad, tossed salad, minestrone soup etc.  Now I can just focus on getting more ingredients for tomorrows cooking adventures.

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK let's talk about sugar and spices. I NEED both !

If we don't choose to redo things, they stay as they were.

OMG but someone might choose to destroy mine anyway ? OUCH !

I am sad. I thought maybe it was fixed. Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms are indeed borked - did it all right and like others got a giant mess.

same, I made sure I did everything right but i guess it really is broken, it would be nice to get more confirmation on this

You'll get more ingredients all day if you keep refreshing. I have given up "waiting to cook" - there's time enough. But DON'T make the stuffed yams. TOTAL waste,

4 hours ago, Aqub said:

Oh, I love it!

Nice to see the decorating games return for those who weren't here for them, or want to change what they did way back when, but I LIKE my tree and wreath as they are, so I don't want to mess with them! *sigh* I am very much a traditionalist. I wish we could go crazy with redecorating but then push a magic button and return to the original if we prefer to keep that one. I did make one small change to my tree -- I had dragon sconces on the wall on either side of the top of the tree. I decided they looked dorky just floating out there, so I removed those, but otherwise I don't want to touch it.

And please don't hate me, but I have had a run on sugar suddenly and now have 5! After having none at all for the first day and a half! So perhaps there is hope for others who are waiting for the blessing of the RNG! What am I going to do with all this grain (6), though? XD

I'd love some sugar right about now, RNG...

If talking about chicken makes one get chicken, talking about sugar ought to make one get sugar, right?

Edit: Just got some ice, which is... kind of useless without sugar.  Say, there should be recipes to make some simple ingredients out of others.  Cook ice to get water and "prepare" grain to get flour.  I feel like it should be possible to make sugar from both fruits (naturally sweet) and vegetables (ever heard of a sugar beet?), too.

Edited by Pilauli

Yeah, but one can hope!  Or maybe we can call it?  Or maybe I'm spotting patterns in the randomness that won't stick around because it's random.

Here, sugar, sugar!  Here, sugar, sugar!

Just now, Pilauli said:

Here, sugar, sugar!  Here, sugar, sugar!

Ditto. I have 2...

17 spices

15 grain

And a whole bunch of other stuff.

*does a sugar dance*

Call me sentimental, but I am keeping all my original creations the same - even my wreath, which I am not completely satisfied with. I like being able to look back on what I created over the past decade! 🙂

I am participating in the cooking again, even if I don't decide to change anything. The only thing I would change, if I get the opportunity to do so later in the event, is last year's snow fort. I had two random 'gifts' appear that I would like to open/remove.

I'm quite satisfied with my wreath, too, I just did some very minor adjustments to it to make it 100% perfect in my eyes, but now it's as good as it can get. ^_^

7 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

I'm quite satisfied with my wreath, too, I just did some very minor adjustments to it to make it 100% perfect in my eyes, but now it's as good as it can get. ^_^

Me, three. I had one decoration I've been twitching to fix for years, so I am happy to be able to do that, but I will leave it as it is otherwise.

Day 3 without eggs, my stockpile of sugar and herbs filled my lair. My dragons are drowning in the scent of baking goods but i cant bake.

Send help

6 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Huh. I just made the minestrone, but didn't get any candy for it. 

Has that happened to anyone else?

It seems on some of the larger recipes, you do get the candy but no message saying you did (had that happen with the bean casserole recipe). I knew roughly what my candy count was at before I made it, and it had increased after I made the dish.

Also, apparently I've hit a point where I can earn a third of my days candy allowance just by boiling water.

Edited by ShorahNagi

you can stop getting the recipes if you find all of them or if you cook them yourself instead, there are 33, after that you should only get ingredients 

I've been playing for years, and it is so nice to be able to do a tree and a wreath. I agree with what other's said though...no way am I remaking either of my forts. If those pop up on the advent calendar, I ain't clicking them.

Also cursed by little to no flour, sugar, and eggs. Someone is trying to sabotage my sweet tooth. But goodness do I have yeast. Wait, that doesn't sound right at all.

3 minutes ago, meruru said:

you can stop getting the recipes if you find all of them or if you cook them yourself instead, there are 33, after that you should only get ingredients 

73 actually.  33 regular and 40 red star.

1 minute ago, meruru said:

i would cook them all ... if i got the ingredients.

i can already see all the recipes off the wiki. i am just stuck waiting. ⏲️

3 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Also cursed by little to no flour, sugar, and eggs. Someone is trying to sabotage my sweet tooth. But goodness do I have yeast. Wait, that doesn't sound right at all.

Use a prep recipe card.

Fruit + yeast =

XD