TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Ooohh adults! I really really like the dramatic pose of the female, I think on any 'regular' breed it would feel overdone but for Halloween it's just awesome. 

I am definately going to breed them with beastly Aegis' (and Starsingers I think) :D

(this IS possible, right? Even when they are Wyverns, since they are Holiday dragons? Too excited to think straight atm lol)

btw. their name totally reminds me of Dothraki xD

Edited by Kiwiana

Hmm, I wonder how my defences fared. 132 was the last best, and I'm proud of them (pointedly ignores the "I've nearly beat a thousand!" comments) :D

On eggs, though...

On 11/2/2019 at 12:04 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I know it's hard - but everyone has a full 24 hours - so a full day of being awake, like. Just at different clock times.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:19 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Yupyup. This year is no different than any other year, really. 24 hours every Halloween.

Nope, it was very different. Usually, there was a glut of eggs, like:

On 11/1/2019 at 9:47 AM, Kamoodle said:

Normally I wait until everyone has scooped up their new holiday eggs and it's easy pickings for me.

And this time it was like:

On 11/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, Dalek Raptor said:

I have to agree with this statement. This year the lag was bad and none of the usual code hunters were able to code hunt properly this year because the eggs kept flying. Able to check to see if something was coded? Gone. At least last year it had died down around noonish that a lot of us could.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, Blair said:

Was on the site, checking every 4 minutes because of lag, for over 5 hours, and didn't even see the eggs.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, Twilight Dream said:

Aha, I got a grand total of one egg this year. How lovely. Barely even saw any, they were gone so fast!

On 11/1/2019 at 9:52 AM, FracturedPoem said:

I've been refreshing for the past 20 minutes and I haven't seen a single new egg. At least I'm not the only one I suppose.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, NoxRiddle said:

I'm not getting any 5 minute drops at all. Only on the hour. This may be the first year I don't get the Halloween dragons when they're released. I've been trying since last night.

In the beginning (DC morning, 3 a.m. or so), there were (relatively) a lot, I caught 1 out of the dozen I clicked, the rest being "another person had grabbed already". Which is a pretty normal success rate, that was not the problem. However, I was pretty busy and impatient and 1 egg in a drop is not too fast a going, so I decided to wait a few hours and get more eggs after the early-birds were done.

When I was back, 7-8 p.m., there were none to see. Not the usual "hmm, it's moving so slowing that I'll get a few batches and drop some to AP for people who miss this", not the annoying, but gameplay-compliant "I couldn't check the code"/"people caught it before I did", just "refresh constantly and see nothing in the biome at all". That was the problem. Different timezones and work schedules were only determining whether you were lucky enough to get it while it worked OK, which I (and many others) wasn't. Well, I, personally, failed the "bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush" test and didn't hunt patiently enough in the early morning, heh, but you know what I mean.

I got Pumpkins, a whole 1 new egg, a hope for AP and, if all fails, next year's Halloween biome, so I'm not overly fussed. However, don't tell me it was all "business as usual", I won't believe it 😉

Odd, really. We get 3 days to get eggs that are "2 CBs only", but only 1 day to get the "Grab as much as you can, it's greedy candy time!" ones? 🎃

I really like the colors and shades of them. 

Really peculiar dragons, and i usually dislike fur, but these one turned out really cool and scary. Their lore is one of the darkest. 

I wonder tho, why are they wyverns? They have all the physical requirments to be drakes

4 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I really like the colors and shades of them. 

Really peculiar dragons, and i usually dislike fur, but these one turned out really cool and scary. Their lore is one of the darkest. 

I wonder tho, why are they wyverns? They have all the physical requirments to be drakes

I believe these are wyverns, drakes seem to have separate front limbs (not as wings).

Sooo I guess they should be breedable with all the "regular" dragons, including wyverns.

Don't have any lore or extra info to leave you guys with but I do have what I imagine a Kohraki ambush to look like

uhoh-she-dead-af.png

The new dragon is SCP - 939 and you can't convince me otherwise (even though I know that's not the inspiration xD).

That said, as someone pointed out above, the lag this year was extreme. I was lucky enough to get mine before it got REALLY bad, but when I was trying to hunt for abandoned eggs afterwards, it was pretty much impossible because as soon as it finally refreshed, the eggs you were seeing were already gone. And if that was what the AP was like, I hate to imagine what hunting the biomes was like.

Even at it's usual laggiest over holidays, my pc can handle it, but this year it was taking several minutes just to refresh.

I am also confused as to why, at Christmas and Valentines, we have three days to catch two dragons, but at Halloween when we can catch as many as we want, we get one day.

Edited by SheridanCharon

i love them! especially the female sprite. Definitely gonna come up with some good spooky breeding plans.

Dude I really love them! The part about them swallowing their prey whole really terrifies me lol. Another wonderful Halloween dragon (y)

So now we have adults. These look... okay. Rather average. They didn't quite "wow!" me immediately the first time I saw them, but they didn't disappoint me either (unlike Arcanas last year...). However, I can't help but to feel that these guys don't look very Halloween-y. Those big reindeer horns and bushy beards make them look more like Christmas dragons than anything. I guess the lore is okay, pretty standard Halloween-y stuff. I vastly prefer the female sprite, the male sprite's pose is way too similar to the female Cavern Lurker sprite.

All in all I'd give these a 6/10. I won't go the extra mile to hoard these fellas but I guess I might do a lineage or two some time.

I really like these guys. Nothing about them say 'Christmas' to me. I love the antlers and they do give off a spooky vibe. Black Marrows are my favorite Halloween, Graves are next but I think these guys are up there now too. 

My only complaint would be that they are Holiday dragons and I won't be able to breed more of them until next year. I love these sooo much and they definitly color compliment my habit of wanting to mate everything with green coppers. xD
Don't know where to start drooling really. The antlers, the fluffy tail tips or these perfectly adoreable scary faces.Also really like the lore. Typical Halloween stuff, but would make for a really nice fantasy/mystery/horror pen and paper adventure to investigate people going missing at foggy nights.

edit: oh wait second complaint incoming. I need a bronze shimmer to pair them with. Not gonna happen, but that'd be such a pretty combination.

Edited by Reykur

3 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

Don't have any lore or extra info to leave you guys with but I do have what I imagine a Kohraki ambush to look like

uhoh-she-dead-af.png

I love this picture! It really shows ambush in a way I imagine when I read Kohraki descriptions!

And I like this year dragons, I can't wait for mine to grow up so I try breeding them in some checkers!

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Good to know that the baby Kohraki intended to eat me from the moment they hatched.

We were right to think that they were creepy!

Love the Halloween dragons! Thank you to all involved for the game and the new eggs! The tricks and treats were amazing!

Oops, I've had a busy few days, forgot it was Halloween and missed the drop! I'm glad CBs are available in cave now so I'll be able to grab some of these guys next year instead. They're beautiful dragons. Thanks spriters! :D I hope everyone has had a wonderful Halloween!

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

So now we have adults. These look... okay. Rather average. They didn't quite "wow!" me immediately the first time I saw them, but they didn't disappoint me either (unlike Arcanas last year...). However, I can't help but to feel that these guys don't look very Halloween-y. Those big reindeer horns and bushy beards make them look more like Christmas dragons than anything. I guess the lore is okay, pretty standard Halloween-y stuff. I vastly prefer the female sprite, the male sprite's pose is way too similar to the female Cavern Lurker sprite.

All in all I'd give these a 6/10. I won't go the extra mile to hoard these fellas but I guess I might do a lineage or two some time.

I feel pretty much the same, apart from not getting any Christmas vibes. I'm fond of the colours and the female's pose, but the male's head is too big for my taste, and antlers don't usually work for me. However, I quite appreciate the effort that went into the beautiful shading and the poses.

These beans are my heckin aesthetic and I love every single thing about em. Welcome to the artist jam @Dohaerys 👀👌💯

Edit: hottttt

unknown.png

Edited by Malcorium