TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

40 minutes ago, popovk said:

The eggs already not dropping is a little unfair against people overseas in different timezones, especially in the middle of the week as it's not holidays for everybody.

I remember it was previously possible to catch some the day after in the morning (for my TZ), allowing also some relief with the site being much less hammered than in the night, when it was the peak for DC.

Could still try next year, but it  still gives a bitter taste.

Yep, no eggs for me this year. Well, cannot help it, but as you said, I still feel bitter :(

Seems this year didn't go so well for some people :(
I was lucky to snatch mine early on (at work hehe)

I couldn't get any since I was really busy and any time I checked, there were no eggs ;v;

Still, I got a couple of treats and the minigame was cool!

I can't believe the event is already over...and you can't look to see what the final outcome was...but yeah, even though I did get two eggs myself, it is not fair to many people who live in different time zones to not be able to get the same equal opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Fortune86 said:

Dangnabbit I forgot to breed my Halloweenies!

*sits in the corner of shame*

Me too lol. I bred two of them but just didn't get around to sit down and breed all of them and find good matches ...

And now halloween is gone...

I think the Tower Defense game definitely hit a perfect balance of something fun to do, but isn't too time consuming - and you could decide for yourself just how much brainpower you wanted to put into it: some very very serious about strategizing, and others like me payed only kinda half- a mind to it and still didn't miss out.

Lovely treats this year again, I think my two favorites were the little star spider (so pretty!), and the cat skull (nice attention to detail, whoever made it!).

The shame is that it appears there were a significant amount of people struggling to catch the new eggs; while there are always some people missing out due to various reasons, it looks like it's more apparent now than last year (would be cool if we could get some factual stats on this). The lag was a big problem. And although I managed to get my fill I can agree that for a release that only lasts 24 hours there should have been a non-stop drop instead of 10-20 seconds every five minutes. If this is the only holiday where we're "allowed" to be greedy, then everyone should be able to get their fill without sitting glued to the computer/phone for a full 24 hours straight.

Really liking these new Halloween dragons! Based on what the hatchlings look like and what others have posted, I'll make a guess that they're called Wendigo Wyverns :)

This was also the last state I saw my board in before I went to bed and saw that the game was gone this morning. I wanted to test out someone else's setup with the magmas and the whites (sadly I forgot who it was!) and it does look like it would've lasted indefinitely or at least a very long time lol. I wish we could see the board in its final state before the game was closed down though, really wanted to see how far this got.

a3.thumb.PNG.d95b17c71ac58db653e0f09646d5a09e.PNG

23 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

Really liking these new Halloween dragons! Based on what the hatchlings look like and what others have posted, I'll make a guess that they're called Wendigo Wyverns :)

Sorts between Kingcrowne and Kovos so can't be that.

I really hope that we will be able to play the halloween tower defense game with a link like they did with other games because I really enjoyed it!!!

I am so disappointed that I can't see how far my game got - it was at 726 the last time I looked but now I can't check. Fairly sure it was under 800 but it'd be nice to be able to see for sure. 

The game was a lot of fun, though! Thank you to TJ and whoever else helped put it together :)

Ah I couldn't see the final outcome of my last fight...it was at least at level 100 this time.

Thank you for awesome event, dragons and overally for how nice is staff of DC ^^

3 hours ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

I can't believe the event is already over...and you can't look to see what the final outcome was...but yeah, even though I did get two eggs myself, it is not fair to many people who live in different time zones to not be able to get the same equal opportunity. 

I know it's hard - but everyone has a full 24 hours - so a full day of being awake, like. Just at different clock times.

I would love a high score board for the Halloween event *not a site wide, just a personal best showing your top 5 scores*

That being said, I had a little trouble getting my fill of eggs, but I did master to get fully egg locked so it's just a waiting game now.

4 hours ago, Ripan said:

I think the Tower Defense game definitely hit a perfect balance of something fun to do, but isn't too time consuming - and you could decide for yourself just how much brainpower you wanted to put into it: some very very serious about strategizing, and others like me payed only kinda half- a mind to it and still didn't miss out.

This is something I really liked too. While I sometimes wished I could speed up the game so I could try out a different strategy, I loved that the game didn't require constant attention. If the game weren't automated and you had to order your dragons to attack, it easily could have eaten hours of players' lives. I'm on another adoptable site where you sometimes have to grind minigames to grow your pets and earn currency, and it's making me consider quitting because it's not fun or fair to the player. So I really appreciated this relaxed game where you could just set up your board, then check in when you want to see how it's going! Really consistent with DC's tendency to not discriminate much between high-time-investing and low-time-investing players.

Edited by cbussiere

Me too - I just wish we had been able to see our status when it ended. Like - that last page  had stuck for a day or so...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The tower defense game was super fun, not too time consuming and a cool little thing to do alongside your regular things :) personally I’d love to see something like it in the future again

I nearly missed the eggs though, I logged on like at quarter to midnight and I didn’t even realize the eggs were going to disappear that soon - I managed to snag two thankfully. No zombies however, I killed them a bit too late and I think I lost the increased Halloween chances lol

Another one supporting this year's event.  It was so nice to be able to set off the game, knowing that scores were going to mount without having to be there.

For those who didn't get a new egg, one possibility is to trade 4 hatchies for one. There are lots of people offering the new eggs on the site's Trading page.

Aww I never got to see what level I ended on with the mini game, wish we could have seen that if you clicked on the badge like with some other events...

Really enjoyed it though, and really curious to see what the adult dragons are going to look like :D

27 minutes ago, wobster109 said:

For those who didn't get a new egg, one possibility is to trade 4 hatchies for one. There are lots of people offering the new eggs on the site's Trading page.

There is also going to be a wall(probably, at least there will be few of the eggs) of the eggs in the AP sooner or later.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I know it's hard - but everyone has a full 24 hours - so a full day of being awake, like. Just at different clock times.

Yupyup. This year is no different than any other year, really. 24 hours every Halloween. TJ's front-page post says one day only. Is it frustrating to not get any eggs, sure, but it's not like the timing was a surprise, this is how it is every year. (Although, with the number of users plus the ridiculous lag, I do think the drops could've been tweaked to be longer, just more eggs in general spawning every 5 minutes...)

This site's true streght is not in its artists, gameplay, it's about its users- new egg has been offered to me by not one but two plp. Thanks to you I have one new egg. It's a good start, and now I can try to trade for another one without ugly despair. You know that feeling well if you ever missed release :)

Thank you v much, you are the best!