TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I like the adults -- they are suitably scary looking.

Thanks Infinis and Dohaerys for the new dragon, and congrats to Dohaerys for becoming an in-cave artist (at least I think this is your first).

I really wish we could get art credits for the game and for all the trick-or-treats. I miss that. :(

I really love Kohraki dragons 💙 Thank you for the spooky addition to the game you 2 :)

I've just come from making lineage mockups...

With Seragamma (b/c similarly-colored wyverns):

Spoiler

Ln_Kohraki_Seragamma.png.cd2e901829168a87d6005a2c67b69a18.png

With Spirit Ward (for the irony):

Spoiler

Ln_Kohraki_Spirit-Ward.png.51492c9608823548895e2959c93b0e4e.png

With F Hellfire and Hellhorse, because I like dull brown / icy blue color schemes.  I think Hellfire Wyvern actually works better than Hellhorse Dragon here, for some reason:

Spoiler

Ln_Kohraki_Hellfire.png.4b4f4ed8afb7d0a5e67ddd108a8a79dd.png

Ln_Kohraki_Hellhorse.png.7847d32385c798c1eeefd6aab86b4edc.png

Oh, and

6 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

(this IS possible, right? Even when they are Wyverns, since they are Holiday dragons? Too excited to think straight atm lol)

Yes, you can definitely breed them with Aegis and Starsinger dragons.  (Just keep in mind that Aegises are all male and Starsingers all female :D).

A quick reminder for you, me, and anyone else who may have trouble remembering:

Body types: wyverns, amphipteres, western dragons, eastern dragons, wyrms, and sea serpents.  Do not affect who can breed with whom.

Breeding groups are: normal, 2-headed, pygmy, and drake.  Dragons can only breed within their own breeding group.

Edited by Pilauli

Just imagine an army of Spirit Wards encounter a horde of Kohraki. :) One group leading lost villagers to safety, and the other picking them off. They look pretty good together though.

Thanks to the spriters for these Kohraki dergs.  When i saw the name, I thought I saw "Konami" which gave me a chuckle😁

Wow, those some mega antlers there!

@Pilauli Thanks for the mock-ups, it's nice to see the Seragamma finally have a matching holiday mate!  And the Hellfires definitely make one hell of a pairing of fire and brinstone!

@Fiona. 🤣🙈

6 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I wonder tho, why are they wyverns? They have all the physical requirments to be drakes

Because drakes can’t be azhdarchid shaped 

well. I guess they could. Give em little T. rex arms. but that would be weird. |D

Glad y’all like them ;o;

Ah, not really feeling these. They're very average and generic looking to me, doesn't give me "halloween" vibes either. Looks more like something I'd expect from a regular release. The lore doesn't really grab my attention, spooky evil dragon that tricks you and then eats you. Okay. Witchlights do it better. 

Edited by Seraphim

Not a massive fan of the dragons themselves, but I can appreciate the art. The one sprite is basically the female Cavern Lurker, but aside from that they are nicely done. Don't like the colours or the antlers though XD They don't look like halloween dragons at all, besides the dreary colour scheme. 

Really appreciate the detail of this design and art, but these feel like they should have been a common release. Just like Starsingers last Christmas. With the foggy egg and color palette, I honestly thought these would be some sort of swamp creature inspired dragon. That would have been cool to see. Also... feels lacking on lore. Hiding in forests and "mimicking familiar voices" to lure prey reminds me of Skin-Walkers btw.

1 hour ago, Malcorium said:

These beans are my heckin aesthetic and I love every single thing about em. Welcome to the artist jam @Dohaerys 👀👌💯

HARD SAME

These, the Caligenes and Witchlights make me seriously wish we could play with all the breeds year-round. I get why that won't happen, but DANG.

Pterosaurish anatomy looks very interesting in these ones. Are they the first wyverns who have azdharchid body build? OoO

That's not this that I love pterosaurs

Edited by Cyberr

Love how the heads are half traditional eastern, half terrifying gulper eel vibes, haha! I like the descriptions too. Creepy stuff.

37 minutes ago, SerasVahe said:

Really appreciate the detail of this design and art, but these feel like they should have been a common release. Just like Starsingers last Christmas.

Starsingers were literally based on Christmas angel tree toppers, just so you know.

8 minutes ago, Malcorium said:

Starsingers were literally based on Christmas angel tree toppers, just so you know.

I can totally see this, actually! :)

As for these new Hallows, WELL... I think some of the 'ambiguity' others have noticed in their lore ADDS to the spooky effect, if you ask me. The mysteries there makes them scarier, IMO.

After all, I think it is human nature to be afraid of what we don't understand.

Edited by JavaTigress

Im super happy I didn't give in to temptation and trade away any of my eggs because these dragons are gorgeous! Santa has reindeer, but Krampus would have these bad boys! 

Wow, these guys look great! I do agree that the sprites don't scream "Halloween" but the description does make up for it. After thinking about it for a while, I think I'm actually glad to have a sinister dragon rather than a flashy one this year. It's been a while since we had something creepy! Congrats to Dohaerys on your first holiday release and thank you to both for giving us these gorgeous dergs. 

4 hours ago, Sazandora said:

So now we have adults. These look... okay. Rather average. They didn't quite "wow!" me immediately the first time I saw them, but they didn't disappoint me either (unlike Arcanas last year...). However, I can't help but to feel that these guys don't look very Halloween-y. Those big reindeer horns and bushy beards make them look more like Christmas dragons than anything. I guess the lore is okay, pretty standard Halloween-y stuff. I vastly prefer the female sprite, the male sprite's pose is way too similar to the female Cavern Lurker sprite.

All in all I'd give these a 6/10. I won't go the extra mile to hoard these fellas but I guess I might do a lineage or two some time.

It can be more scary to be that evil and look harmless.... I love them - kudos and thanks, spriters.

4 hours ago, annageckos said:

I really like these guys. Nothing about them say 'Christmas' to me. I love the antlers and they do give off a spooky vibe. Black Marrows are my favorite Halloween, Graves are next but I think these guys are up there now too. 

Why would ANYONE be expecting Christmas vibes ? Just asking, seriously.

31 minutes ago, Malcorium said:

I already know that. Just was mentioning that they feel like a year round design.

@Fuzzbucket It's the reindeer antlers and the beard these fellas have. Really reminds me of Santa Claus and his reindeers. I know it's weird but I can't help it. 😅

Edited by Sazandora

Oh, wow. I have so many babies that would love to swallow me whole :D Only gonna be cute when they're little!

12 hours ago, alphadaykeeper said:

Did you get some? 

Unfortunately no... I guess I need to wait for the next generation next year or something like that :/

8 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

Don't have any lore or extra info to leave you guys with but I do have what I imagine a Kohraki ambush to look like

uhoh-she-dead-af.png

I already liked the sprites but I really love this! Makes me wish one of the sprites showed them on the ground. Still, I'm excited to find things to pair with them for next year.

12 minutes ago, bakenekodesu said:

Unfortunately no... I guess I need to wait for the next generation next year or something like that 😕

Dont give up! You should watch the AP. Ppl usually drop the new dergs into the AP on Halloween, so you may get some there.