TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

What another great Halloween event this year. As a fan of tower defense games, our minigame sure kept me busy these past few days, trying out both serious and crazy setups to see how long they can endure the zombies.

Hope y'all had a splendid Halloween last night, munching on your candy while watching old spooky films with your buddies (I know I would do that). It sure got super chilly where I live in Texas.

I just want to echo what other have said about the tower defense game - loved that it was so engaging but also low time investment! I actually didn't start playing until a few days in because I thought it was going to be really time intensive like these sorts of thing sometimes are - I wish I'd realized sooner that it was a set-and-let-it-run game that didn't require constant monitoring and user intervention. Would love to see this and similar games again in the future :) 

As always, I totally enjoyed spending the holiday with the folks at Dragon Cave.  :D  And, it's not finished yet.  (y)

The game was a lot of fun, the new hatchlings look promising, and there are lots and lots of good eggs in the AP. 

Another good activity was collecting the little trick or treat pictures.  However, I did miss seeing a thread describing them, identifying the artists, and in general,  praising them for their well deserved efforts.

12 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I have to agree with this statement. This year the lag was bad and none of the usual code hunters were able to code hunt properly this year because the eggs kept flying. Able to check to see if something was coded? Gone. At least last year it had died down around noonish that a lot of us could.

I also hunt for codes but no luck this year. But at least I got some eggs 😔 we will have to trade for nice codes this year.

I take it that there is no way to see what our last gameboard looked like when the game ended.  I was following it when I had to leave to go to my Grandkids place to sit on a porch in a mask, handing out goodies to the costumed kiddies (and some not so kiddy, lol)...  Thus I missed any chance of seeing what my final round looked like...  sigh😡

11 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Dangnabbit I forgot to breed my Halloweenies!

*sits in the corner of shame*

I was doing a lot of last minute breeding, opening several tabs at once. I saw the moment the time ended when one Witchlight bred 4 true eggs and the other bred one bright pink. oof.

I managed to get 2 new eggs all day, and hoping to trade for some more. I manage to breed my Brown Floret Wyverns with my female Caligenes for my project this year which has paid off big time. Now I can start breeding some 4G's for the checker. :D

I also hope people like my Arcana x Blue McCaw dragons. and my Female Arcana x Autumn seasonals. 

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It has begun to mimic your voice, and studies your habits intently.

Uhhh that's not cute, that's terrifying. Can't wait to see what these guys grow up to be!

On 10/30/2019 at 11:43 PM, DOLPHIN232 said:

guys are we able to start making undead dragons now?

Dang I forgot!!!  Had some ready too! 🙄

Unfortunately this year I only obtained 1 zombie... Sometimes in the middle of month I can get at least one which is such a shame.

Maybe we should get a post or a thread where all the trick and treats are shown with their authors and possible trivia? OvO

2 hours ago, Crystals said:

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It has begun to mimic your voice, and studies your habits intently.

Uhhh that's not cute, that's terrifying. Can't wait to see what these guys grow up to be!

Maybe it'll be a doppelganger-type creature?

1 hour ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Wait.  Mimics your voice?  Antlers?

This isn't gonna be a Wendigo dragon or anything, is it?

Personally, that's what I'm hoping for!

Spooky antler dragon ❤️

4 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Oh, is there no database post for the treats this year?

If you collected treats. click on your

Halloween badge and it will take you to your treats collection...  

15 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

If you collected treats. click on your

Halloween badge and it will take you to your treats collection...  

I think they referring to 'who make which treat' type of thing.

Edited by aussieJJDude

Oh no, I missed the eggs this year! 😭
I'm not super active anymore but I like collecting dragons... does anyone has a couple for me?

9 hours ago, Crystals said:

Seriously, the black marrows gets the stick like This hatchling could hardly be considered cute. and yet these newbies gets away with this level of creep. 🤨

8 hours ago, scalesofgrey said:

Were the art of the towers ever shared? 

No, we never got artist credits for any of the Halloween stuff this year. :(