TJ09

2019-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

12 hours ago, Crystals said:

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It has begun to mimic your voice, and studies your habits intently.

Uhhh that's not cute, that's terrifying. Can't wait to see what these guys grow up to be!

XD I am with you... can't WAIT to see what these ickle creepers grow into! :)

Edited by JavaTigress

4 hours ago, aussieJJDude said:

I think they referring to 'who make which treat' type of thing.

Precisely this. It's why I hadn't inlined my treat when I first saw that it had made it in; I thought there'd be a reference post for all the art made for both tot and the game.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

No, we never got artist credits for any of the Halloween stuff this year. :(

That's a shame! The Soulpeace and the White dragons are my favourites; it'll be nice to know who made them!

Haaaaaaaatch already and let me hunt the AP! 
(My Aeons are cringing at the thought of what's about to happen to all their BSAs.)

I'm thinking that the new dergs could be related to the crocotta.  They are said to lure people away to kill them by mimicking the voices of humans.  The colouration of the sprite and the wide mouth are also something linked to crocottas.

You know what I just realized.

I just realized I should have checked the Market to see if they sold Halloween eggs.

Dangit.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

You know what I just realized.

I just realized I should have checked the Market to see if they sold Halloween eggs.

Dangit.

I checked the market durring the event (to see how far away I was from getting a gold) and didn't see any halloween eggs available.

Is there any post with all treats and who made then? I made the butterfly one:kh3tqx.gif

and I would love to know who made the other ones

Throughout this thread, some artists have revealed which treat they contributed to the event. I am one that has not yet, so I think I shall, for record keeping sake:

LunaShadowlarkPixel50Final.png

This one came about through a great deal of effort on both mine and the treat picking people, a big thanks to them for their informative help to this, a complete beginner at pixel sprites!

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Someone is starting a database: 

Thanks for posting here, Fuzz! I really love the event art and I hope we can get most of the community made tokens in the database. So if you made a trick or treat item and want people to be able to easily find out you're responsible for the treat they love, please consider adding it to this thread!

17 hours ago, bakenekodesu said:

Oh no, I missed the eggs this year! 😭
I'm not super active anymore but I like collecting dragons... does anyone has a couple for me?

Did you get some? 

4 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

Is there any post with all treats and who made then? I made the butterfly one:kh3tqx.gif

That was one of my favourites, thank you!  💜

Hmmm.

I have some reservations over the hatchling's description. It sounds like it might be inspired by the w*ndigo or skin walkers?

If it is, I hope it's just the superficial things (voice and behavior mimicry). More 'inspired', less 'Native spirit but a dragon.' Or, if it is, at the very least the concept artist/spriter are Navajo or Algonquian.

Then again I could just be making a mountain out of a molehill and that's not where they take inspiration from at all!

Not bad. I like the skull-like face and the colors.

Edited by Whirlaway

They don't look as creepy as I thought they would...

The males remind of the Cave Lurkers' pose and the female pose is crazy.

8 hours ago, Cowfish249 said:

I checked the market durring the event (to see how far away I was from getting a gold) and didn't see any halloween eggs available.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The market never has holiday eggs.

Good to know.

Also, Art credits! Who do I thank for all the lovely art in the game and treats?

Also, thank you to everyone involved in the game. It was great fun!

Oh wow what GORGEOUS Adults!!

Can't tell you HOW MUCH I LOVE the color concept as well as the dragons itself - just STUNNING!

Ohhhh! The adults look cool and creepy! Not a nice dragon at all. Good.

I like them!

Menacing, very good. They'd pair well with Snows or Witchlights if we talk Holidays. Undines and their alts would be great too.