Kaini

Neglected Dragons

goodness @Charu, that sucks! if people have dying eggs on their scroll it's usually on purpose! and if not, wouldn't they think to... ask first? 

there seems to be a lot of bad luck going around regarding NDs lately 😥 nervous for my lone experiment on friday..!

On 2/26/2021 at 12:09 AM, InvaderAlexis said:

i made some on sunday and then on wednesday, and both worked fine. what exactly was wrong with the auto refresher? how wasnt it working? i use that one and you may have just done something wrong. also, 4 mins, cutting it too close? im not sure what youre talking about here ^^; (as in, i'm not understanding , myself :P)

On 2/26/2021 at 6:35 AM, herduleik said:

This is probably mega wrong, but if your egg is fogged then the auto refresher won't pick it up. Just saying because I've seen some experiments where the person forgot to unfog the egg!

Also 4 minutes is actually too early for NDs! You should ideally start autorefeshing at 2 minutes before death, and stick it into a hatchery or two  max at around 1,5 minutes before death. 

For the first batch, I unfogged them and added them to auto refresher at 4 mins, then added them to 2 hatcheries at 2 mins. They both turned, started cracking, then died when the tod arrived. So that's why I thought 4 mins from 0 veiws to hatching was cutting it too close. They would've hatched 1min later. 

For the second batch, I unfogged them and added them to af at 6mins and it worked fine. But I'd accidentally added an egg with a later tod to the batch, so I stopped af, took out the egg, then restarted it, but it didn't work for some reason, the views never went up. Weird. Has anyone tried adding an egg to af, taking it out, then adding it again? Maybe some bug stops it from working on that egg again?

@JapanRocks just checking, have you read my guide to making neglecteds solo? It looks like yours weren't incubated, so I'm not sure what process you're attempting.

Edited by Shadowdrake

6 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@JapanRocks just checking, have you read my guide to making neglecteds solo? It looks like yours weren't incubated, so I'm not sure what process you're attempting.

I did look through it. I grabbed some very low time eggs from the ap after the update which stopped the valentine eggs from dominating. They were only a day from hatching, so I didn't want to play around with the starting views requirements and accidentally hatch them. I added 2 mins to the recommend start time as a buffer, that's why I started at 4 mins. One was a heavy duty egg (fire gem), the other was a normal egg. They turned, but died to tod just before hatching (they were full of cracks)

The second batch was also from the ap, very low time, and 2 fire gems. The auto-refresher stopped working, so I'll never know what would've happened. 

@JapanRocks I see, they had too low ending UVs so you would have needed more hatcheries or added more UV before the experiment to get them to hatch as neglecteds (and could have used more regular views too). I personally have never had problems with the AR, but maybe it lagged or had a temporary egg-accepting problem or something? I dunno. I'm pretty sure I've done the same thing as you (adding an egg too early, removing and readding it) without issues, so I can't help you there.

36 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@JapanRocks I see, they had too low ending UVs so you would have needed more hatcheries or added more UV before the experiment to get them to hatch as neglecteds (and could have used more regular views too). I personally have never had problems with the AR, but maybe it lagged or had a temporary egg-accepting problem or something? I dunno. I'm pretty sure I've done the same thing as you (adding an egg too early, removing and readding it) without issues, so I can't help you there.

Sucks. I'm way too impatient to try for neglecteds (that was my 3rd try after 9 years on this site lol). I'd hate to try again and have the same thing happen 😞

11 hours ago, JapanRocks said:

Sucks. I'm way too impatient to try for neglecteds (that was my 3rd try after 9 years on this site lol). I'd hate to try again and have the same thing happen 😞

The Zyumorph method is my preferred tbh since you generally don't need someone to catch the egg. With regular experiments, the vast majority of the time the egg can't actually hatch after turning, there's just not enough time left, so you incubate the chosen egg, and get a friend or someone trusted to catch the egg onto their account for you - you'd make a teleport and give it to them beforehand.

The incubate gets wiped out by the act of teleporting, so your new neglected egg actually gains 24 hours; plenty of time to hatch it without stress.

With the heavy-duty eggs (zyu, prizes, etc), they need more views to hatch in general, so you just preload them with some UVs before the day of death, and then on the day just AR them and add the egg into a hatchery or two. The egg should instantly hatch once it turns since I believe the two breeds (negs and zyus/prizes) need roughly the same amount of unique views to hatch. If it doesn't hatch instantly it'll turn with a huge hole most likely so it'll hatch soon after.

EDIT TO ADD: just did my second experiment using the Zyumorph method that was a success! :3

Preloaded with 227/68/1, ARed at 2 mins before death, added to Valley Sherwood at 1,5 minutes before death, added to Silvi's Lair 25 seconds before death, then the baby turned at 1485/99/6 ! :3

Edited by herduleik

11 hours ago, JapanRocks said:

Skulk about the VERY old trades, you can sometimes find low time unwanted/cheap Zyus, Prizes or Avatars. There is one in there right now <2 days ripe for the picking ;) It is still effort, however you have to wait less if you grab a low time eggy.

As herduleik says, these are the most reliable for solo runs if you follow the instructions, my first and growing one turned seconds after it hit 1 min left. 

Had a success earlier, got another try in half an hour. Fingers crossed!

I think internet speed has a lot to do with it as well.  I've only had successes with Zyus, and on the times I've gone down to 4 and 2 minutes, my eggs have died. Today's success began with 226/63.  At 6 minutes I put it in Allure, then 15 AR's (three pages of five) and when I thought it still wasn't going to get enough UV's, I put in into Valley Sherwood for the last minute. I was refreshing my scroll, waiting to see a dead egg, and saw a little green hatchie. Fantastic!

My internet speed is fine, I don't have any problems with it at all until it comes to my wondering why the heck I need six minutes for a success when most others shriek back in horror at that amount, when they have lots of successes with four minutes.

Looking forward to your answers!

ETA: Second died as egg 1,170/135.  Should have turned, inho.

Edited by quinney

4 hours ago, quinney said:

My internet speed is fine, I don't have any problems with it at all until it comes to my wondering why the heck I need six minutes for a success when most others shriek back in horror at that amount, when they have lots of successes with four minutes.

call me crazy but i shove mine into hatcheries and ARs with a minute and a half left usually XD 

Looks like I'll be sacrificing some zyus. I'll have a backup ar just in case. 

Edited by JapanRocks

55 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

call me crazy but i shove mine into hatcheries and ARs with a minute and a half left usually XD 

You and quite a few others. I know I stick to Zyu's, which do need more views because of their stubbornness, but still...

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I know I stick to Zyu's, which do need more views because of their stubbornness, but still...

even when i do zyus i wait until last minute, i think i forgot to mention but i have 2 of them lined up for friday because all my failures with common stubborns had me fed up last week XD i'm more lenient with views/UVs when i preload with zyus/avatars/prizes (i dont do prizes much anyway tho tbh) and also suns if theyre outside hatching hours

1 hour ago, quinney said:

You and quite a few others. I know I stick to Zyu's, which do need more views because of their stubbornness, but still...

HAHA even with my Zyus I don't start ARing until 2 mins before time of death and I don't even touch a hatchery for at least the first half a minute after beginning the AR.

It's actually amazing to me that you're getting successes with 6 mins before death! o:

Is it consistent? Might be a new method to try that isn't so stringent.

Edited by herduleik

1 minute ago, herduleik said:

It's actually amazing to me that you're getting successes with 6 mins before death! o:

Is it consistent? Might be a new method to try that isn't so stringent.

I went along with the picture in Shadowdrake's tutorial. You need to be at stage 2 at least of the shell cracking for it to turn. I've only taken off AR's on a couple of occasions when I though the egg was starting to get too many UV's.  I'd rather see my egg further than stage two then dying at stage 1.  Whether or not it's consistent depends on which way you look at it. I have many more dead eggs than turns but for me I can't see a different way. Anything under five minutes and I might as well not bother.  Plus, the infamous lags halfway through don't help, and that's been happening more lately.

On a different note, I'm in the UK and off to bed now so anyone answering - see you in a few hours!

@quinney do you preload yours beforehand? if not, that makes way more sense about the logic of why you put them in so early XD 

two more fails today... technically 3, but the other one didnt turn or die... or hatch! i had someone bounce it early so i can try again tomorrow since all my ARs glitched out on me and i panicked XD hopefully it turns tomorrow... aagh

had two zyus both turn but not auto hatch, they both turned VERY early and i didnt have anyone to help bounce those because i had faith in them... mistakes were made. both ended up dying as neglected eggs about stage 2 or 3. i definitely didnt preload enough into them and put them in a little bit too late.

stats below as usual

Spoiler

code: HBxj7
  zyumorph

START (preload)
ov: 272
uv: 66

END
ov: 1125
uv: 75

(turned into s1 crack at 795 ov/71 uv, died as... about s3 crack)

ToD at 03:34:18

put into hatchery at 03:32:55

DEFINITELY needed to preload this more!

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

code: QMnH7
  zyumorph

START (preload)
ov: 269
uv: 63

END
ov: 1140
uv: 76

(turned into s1 crack at 943ov/73 uv, died as... about s3 or s2 crack)

ToD at 03:35:34

put into hatchery at 03:34:10

DEFINITELY needed to preload this more!

/ / / / / / / / / / / /

code: 8kLT1
  brimstone

START (preload)
ov: ?
uv: ?

END
ov: 
uv: 

(bounced to try tomorrow)

ToD at 06:18:05

put into hatchery at 06:16:45

may edit this post and just add the brim's stats here instead of reposting again.

I tried one Zyu today and it turned! The Zyu method seems to be working well for me. I always preload with 100-110 UV, then AR at 3ish mins before death and add to AoND and VS. They never seem to turn til well into the final minute.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, InvaderAlexis said:

@quinney do you preload yours beforehand? if not, that makes way more sense about the logic of why you put them in so early XD 

@InvaderAlexis Yes, I do. The tutorial says between 60/110 so I've been giving mine 65ish. That takes OV's to around 230. Perhaps I need to give more, but it also says try not to go above 140 and that can be difficult at the final few seconds when the egg is in both AoND and VS.  And I only add it to VS in the final half minute.

ETA: I have one ready to try in six hours (Around 5pm UK time)  I've now put more views on, it's 683/105. I'll start the AR's at three minutes and use AoND and VS at one and a half minutes and see what happens. 

And egg died - 1,197/135.

Edited by quinney

i've been vaguely hinting at (or not so vaguely hinting, and moreso me blabbing about it to anyone who would listen) a progeny project that would require me to make a neglected, and after 3 tries i fianlly got my baby!

i... forgot to write down my stats this time, because it (brimstone egg, btw) turned as a s3 cracked ND egg and i was really really focusing on dumping it into ARs so that it would hatch (it actually cut a bit close LOL) that i didnt screenshot its stats for when it turned. because i REALLY didnt want to risk a third failure on this lineage, especially since this was my first turn of the other 2 tries i had (which just died normal brims :(

i did do this one differently, usually i wait a bit to preload them, usually the day or so before, but i was realizing how inefficient that is. i went back to preloading this one as SOON as it was bred, and that helped keep the OVs down to a manageable level. kept it pretty close to 1:1 (maybe 1.5:1, but still, if i waited until the day before itd be more around 3:1 or 3.5:1, which is.. no good.)

i also put this one into a hatchery a bit earlier than i usually do and THEN dumped it into ARs at my normal time which... i dont understand why i wasnt doing that before. i guess i was worried about the eggs just hatching normal without the chance to turn at all, but... the extra UVs did help. lesson learned. was just a bit stupid in the way that i didnt do all that with ALL my other experiments XD 

(now for the hard part of the progeny... next is a ZOMBIE. 😥 wish me luck on that...)

19 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

(now for the hard part of the progeny... next is a ZOMBIE. 😥 wish me luck on that...)

Congrats and Good Luck!!

For the Xeno, do we need to give them extra views like the Zyu?

10 minutes ago, egwenna said:

For the Xeno, do we need to give them extra views like the Zyu?

personally i'd say no, because only zyus/avatars/prizes are the REALLY really stubborn ones. i personally havent seen that xenos require as many views, they seem to be about average, MAYBE slightly more stubborn. unless its a staterae, but theyre so valuable that i wouldnt really try to experiment on them XD 

1 hour ago, InvaderAlexis said:

personally i'd say no, because only zyus/avatars/prizes are the REALLY really stubborn ones. i personally havent seen that xenos require as many views, they seem to be about average, MAYBE slightly more stubborn. unless its a staterae, but theyre so valuable that i wouldnt really try to experiment on them XD 

No, don't think I'll be using Stats. But my xeno have required a silly number of views to hatch, so I was curious.

12 minutes ago, egwenna said:

No, don't think I'll be using Stats. But my xeno have required a silly number of views to hatch, so I was curious.

they may be on a similar level as brims/tetras/fire gems, then. slightly more stubborn but i definitely dont think theyre at the same level as the others i listed before. my call would be to treat them at the level of brims/tetras/FGs, that is, as more stubborn than commons, but try not to give them too much, since they may just end up hatching regularly if you end up doing so