Kaini

Neglected Dragons

@thetiredwarrior - Go to the first page of this thread and you'll find the information you need.  It's not easy, as I'm about to state.

.............................................................................................

Still sticking to zyu's but getting nowhere again. I've tried giving views immediately, getting UV's to just 60 and giving 5 minutes at the end, and I've tried getting views with just a couple of days left, getting UV's to 100 and giving them less time. I think in the past the lowest turn count I've had is about 750 views and the highest is around 1,300. I've been careful about UV's towards the end, being careful not to go above recommended amount. So somewhere in between. I'm averaging one neglected a month at this rate. I'm following instructions, but getting really frustrated just now.

Oh, and if I don't give it a few minutes at the end, I don't get the egg past the first stage, and we need to be at the second for a turn. I've made nine up to now. I'd have thought by this time I'd be able to know exactly what to do and call myself a neglecter, but that's not happening. Aarrghh!!!!

Just failed with 2 zyu's. One turned but died before it could hatch, the other never turned. Feels like I did it right, so idk what went wrong. What a waste of 7 days. Maybe my internet speeds can't handle 3 mins before death. Maybe I should've pushed it more with UVs. Whatever, I have 3 more for tomorrow and the day after, let's see how it goes.

1 hour ago, JapanRocks said:

Just failed with 2 zyu's. One turned but died before it could hatch, the other never turned. Feels like I did it right, so idk what went wrong. What a waste of 7 days. Maybe my internet speeds can't handle 3 mins before death. Maybe I should've pushed it more with UVs. Whatever, I have 3 more for tomorrow and the day after, let's see how it goes.

Congrats on the turn, sorry to hear it didn't make it! 

Part of ND-ing is luck. Even if you do everything right. 

@JapanRocks well, if one turned but died then all you need is more views, uvs, hatcheries or time. If the neglected ended up with at least a large hole on turning you're very close already.

@quinney the recommended amount is simply to keep the non-neglected egg from hatching, not actual turn levels. If you're only getting s1 eggs, then try increasing the uv or hatcheries in compensation and decreasing time back a bit. Zyus are sturdy and have a fairly large margin of error. Also, eggs can be at *any* stage to turn; the cracks only allow them to *hatch*. You can also add even more uv when preloading; I've had zyu experiments turn when starting with over 110 uv and a couple thousand views even before beginning the experiment (though for those I don't use hatcheries at all).

Neglecting is more of an art than a science, so don't be afraid to push boundaries.

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 hours ago, JapanRocks said:

Glancing at your scroll, and the stats on the dead eggs, its less with your internet and more the speed of hatcheries I think. The uvs need to be pretty high to get a turn-hatch, at least a hundred. Though internet speed will help with bombing it fast enough.

Turning is entirely luck, that's why people like the bounce method because it makes sure the turns you do get survive.

@Shadowdrake  Thanks for your input, it's appreciated. My problem is I'm wondering if I'm actually killing the egg before it gets a chance to turn (or indeed hatch normally) ? I've never seen a green egg, it's always been a hatchie there, and whilst losing a green egg would be heartbreaking, so near yet so far, at least I'd think I was on the right track. I've often ended up with five pages of the AR's going at the last minute.  Whether or not I've had AoND open has depended on the amount of UV's.

4 hours ago, quinney said:

I've never seen a green egg, it's always been a hatchie there, and whilst losing a green egg would be heartbreaking, so near yet so far, at least I'd think I was on the right track.

That's perfectly normal and expected for the zyu method. The green egg does exist when it turns, but only for one refresh/a fraction of a second, so if you did see a green egg that means it doesn't have enough views to hatch and you would need to hurry and give it a boost before it dies. The benefit of zyu exp is to make it go almost directly from regular egg to neglected hatchie.

If you had someone to help save the failures you could also try with them again in 24 hours, which might increase your frequency of neglecteds.

30 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

If you had someone to help save the failures you could also try with them again in 24 hours, which might increase your frequency of neglecteds.

I don't understand this. I just thought failures were dead eggs?  Or does that mean using any egg and having a catcher?

33 minutes ago, quinney said:

I don't understand this. I just thought failures were dead eggs?  Or does that mean using any egg and having a catcher?

They mean with a catcher. If you incubate and have a catcher grab it before it dies, the egg will have 1 day left and you can try again. If it's a zyu.

43 minutes ago, quinney said:

Exactly, if an egg is saved by a catcher you can do another exp on it 24 hours later if you wish.

I did this with someone's ND-fail Zyu egg and it turned for me the next day LOL (original owner was lovely enough to let me keep!).

Though, you don't tend to use hatcheries for those until near the end. I put mine in one hatchery with 25ish seconds left to death and it turned/insta-hatched with 2 more unique views than it had before the exp, and then myself and like 4 other people ARing it LOL.

If you want to start making NDs often I really highly recommend a catcher or enlisting some AR help!! It makes the process smoother most of the time!

@Kaini and @herduleik

Thank you both very much for your help, it's appreciated.

I'll probably wait until after Easter and then get the neglecting help I obviously need!

I'm proud that I've actually made some, but disappointed it's not more often.  I have a couple to try later, then some for next week. Not holding my breath!

2 hours ago, quinney said:

@Kaini and @herduleik

Thank you both very much for your help, it's appreciated.

I'll probably wait until after Easter and then get the neglecting help I obviously need!

I'm proud that I've actually made some, but disappointed it's not more often.  I have a couple to try later, then some for next week. Not holding my breath!

Just to add my own two cents, zyus (and other difficult breeds) are mostly used so a single person can do the whole thing. imo that makes it harder. The way its generally done with all the normal breeds is you incubate it, hide it, and find a catcher the day of. The way it works is when they catch the incubated egg, regardless of if it turns, it gains a day back. So that gives eggs that turn at the last second a full day to hatch, and eggs that didn't turn can be abandoned/hatched and used for whatever, or, if its a stubborn breed, ND attempt 2-ed. 

You won't kill an egg with views trying to neglect it, you need tens of thousands of views. Good luck!

25 minutes ago, Tini said:

Just to add my own two cents, zyus (and other difficult breeds) are mostly used so a single person can do the whole thing. imo that makes it harder. The way its generally done with all the normal breeds is you incubate it, hide it, and find a catcher the day of. The way it works is when they catch the incubated egg, regardless of if it turns, it gains a day back. So that gives eggs that turn at the last second a full day to hatch, and eggs that didn't turn can be abandoned/hatched and used for whatever, or, if its a stubborn breed, ND attempt 2-ed. 

You won't kill an egg with views trying to neglect it, you need tens of thousands of views. Good luck!

Thanks for your input. The reason I started neglecting was because I could do it alone with zyu's, but as Shadowdrake said, it's not an exact science. It does make it rather more difficult!

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

That's perfectly normal and expected for the zyu method. The green egg does exist when it turns, but only for one refresh/a fraction of a second, so if you did see a green egg that means it doesn't have enough views to hatch and you would need to hurry and give it a boost before it dies. The benefit of zyu exp is to make it go almost directly from regular egg to neglected hatchie.

i had some NDs a few weeks ago who were both zyus, both turn almost instantly after i put them into some hatcheries, but died as green eggs. lol. i was pretty shocked myself, since usually if i do zyus they either dont turn at all, or they insta-hatch, so to have two in the same day BOTH die from that method had me plucked.

personally, i do almost all of my experiments alone. ive only had a catcher, like, once, and that one ended up being a flop anyway. zyus are a safe bet for me, but other than that i prefer luminas/tetras/pyrals actually. its easier for me to wrap my head around for some reason.

Edited by InvaderAlexis

I want to thank everyone in this thread for the instructions, it is super helpful! I finally managed to make my first few NDs recently, and I was playing this game for years without getting one!

I used the first method, with the help of a friend, and I didn't use any hatcheries, only put an egg into ARs at 2,5 minutes before ToD. Chances of turning seem to be pretty hight. By the way, I found out it is much more comfortable to use two-way trade for bouncing. This way you catcher can just make an offer on you trade and then go to do whatever they want, and you have full control on the time of accepting it, without needing to rely on someone else's reaction. Less tedious for the catcher, too.

Just had 2 successes in a row! Woohoo! Thanks whoever mentioned tabs of ARs. For some reason I was under the impression that I could only use one page, no wonder my OVs weren't moving much.

I used 2 zyus, loaded them with UVs to the 90's, plopped them in 2 tabs of ARs 3-4 mins before death, and added them to hatcheries 2mins before death. The first one never turned green, it just cracked a little, then hatched a few seconds before death. The second one turned green and cracked until there was a huge hole, but it still hadn't hatched 10 secs before death. I killed it, with probably only 2 seconds to spare, and it popped out. 

Experimented on a CB Aqualis earlier. No incu nor with a catcher. Simply AR and kill action.

Preloaded with 509/54/2
Turned at 1051/75/4
Hatched (kill) at 1125/79/4
Added to Silvi's approx 1min before death to gain a few UV, but that did pretty much nothing, so added to VS approx 10-20 sec after. Used kill action on the turned egg while egg was at s2 crack, approx 10-12 sec before death.

I never think to use kill slots, but the way my luck is at the moment, I'd just waste them.

I had two exps on monday, just 2 minutes apart.I went with the friend-method, had them incubated and a catcher ready. One turned at 264/20/3 and was caught just fine, the other didn't turn and was saved. So with it's extra day and already preloaded I went with it for another try on the next day. It was a regular egg, Neotropical, preloaded to 543/37/2. The next day I nearly forgot my exp, being busy with RL-matters. With only 15 minutes to ToD I remembered and got everything set up. This was also only the second attempt at a turn-and-force-exp, so I was pretty nervous. At two minutes before death we started ARing, about 70 seconds before death I added it to VS. It gained UVs a little too slow for my taste, so at about 60 seconds before ToD I added it to silvis and then to AOND. It turned at about 20-30 seconds before tod (780/52/5) and trying to add it to more hatcheries I made an attempt to put it in egg drop soup. (It took me a while to remember the name and open the page, I did not have that one ready ^^'). By then it only had a few seconds to live and I went to kill-force it out of it's shell probably at 1-2 seconds before death, s2-stage cracks, and it hatched (1065/71/6).

That was such an amazing exp, it kept me on a high for the whole day xD I'm still very new to NDs, I had maybe 5 exps before and only one turned (and died, because I didn't manage to force it before time ran out). And I'm very thankful for all the help I got from the people at Unofficial Discord. I could watch and learn there and people also helped with my exps and any questions I had.

People, who manage to successfully ND are like Gods to me. I've tried it a few times and always somethign went wrong.So i've decided not to try anymore.

After my last (and first) experiment died, I successfully made a Neglected dragon today! It was very surprising to see the dragon go from "zyu egg at s2 or s3" to "Neglected hatchling" - very eerie! But wow! I did it. Thanks to everyone who's shared their insights here.

My own data, inasmuch as I wasn't too excited to take note:

• I preloaded this ND with 88 unique views (about eight-ish hours of ValleySherwood exposure in the first two days of its life - basically while I was around to watch them go up). I don't remember the view count that went with it, but I believe it was under 200.
  • Then I fogged it.
  • About a quarter of an hour before time of death I unfogged it.
  • I opened various tabs.
    • Valley Sherwood I opened, put my scroll name into the text box, left auto-submit toggled, but did not submit.
    • DragHatch I opened, put my scroll name into the text box, hit [Open] to load up the scroll view, checked the checkboxes, but did not submit.
    • The Allure of Neglected Dragons I opened, put my scroll name into the text box, hit [Submit] to get to scroll view, checked all three checkboxes next to my experiment, but did not submit.
    • Silvi's I opened, put my scroll name into the box, hit [Go] to load up the scroll view, checked the checkbox, but did not submit. (You see the pattern, and this is all obvious, but I'm putting it here since maybe for some people it's not.)
    • Hatching Club I opened, put my scroll name into the box, hit [Read Scroll] to load up the scroll view, checked the two checkboxes associated with my experiment, but did not submit.
    • Egg Drop Soup I opened, put my scroll name into the top box, but did not yet hit [Add me!].
    • Daily Dragon Fix I opened ("wait, but why?", we'll get to that in a bit), put the code into one box, submitted it, but did not click through to my account page yet.
    • I opened two other tabs for the Allure of NDs Auto-Refreshers and put the experiment's code into the boxes, but did not click any buttons yet.
    • I opened the Dragon Cave page of my experiment in another tab and navigated to the kill action. (I don't consider this necessary, but my last experiment died on me, so I wanted to try for a chance at saving the dragon in the egg if that happened again.)
  • To make sure my browser wouldn't put anything into low-priority mode that needed to be active, I pulled things into four windows:
    • One for one of Allure of NDs Auto-Refreshers
    • One for the other Auto-Refresher
    • One for the Daily Dragon Fix tab (yes, yes, we'll get to this, I promise ❤️)
    • One for the open Kill page
  • My time of death was going to be 23:46:10 my time.
    • I had decided to try for 23:44:00 to add my dragons to hatcheries, but I'm not that quick, so I knew I'd have to stagger it a bit.
    • At 23:43:40-ish, I added my scroll to Egg Drop Soup. I used the extra seconds until the full minute to manage my scroll and remove all the other things from the site. This is a complete waste of time, for the record, I just did it because it would have bugged the heck out of me if I hadn't. XD And I knew Egg Drop Soup wasn't going to make the difference and could be added early (really, probably even not at all).
    • At 23:44:00-ish, I activated the Auto-Refreshers. I actually screwed up and fat-fingered one and had to hastily set it up again, copy-pasting the code from the other AR tab. Don't be like me, kids.
    • At 23:44:20-ish, I added my scroll to Silvi's, then proceeded to go through my other hatchery tabs to submit my scroll there. I think it was about 23:44:30-ish when I was done.
    • Then I switched to my Daily Dragon Fix tab, clicked through to my account page, and began madly refreshing the page. Why? Because I find the DDF interface is great for spamming views - it appends a random string to your egg URL so it's guaranteed not to get cached. (It shouldn't ever, anyway, but this bypasses any shenanigans!) So I love hammering that page to get views up. ...also, DDF is on my server, so I don't feel bad for hammering it. XD
  • Around ~23:45:00 I got an s1 crack. This was slightly disappointing, I thought I'd started too early. But I just kept at it anyway.
  • Around what I think was ~23:45:40 the egg hatched from an s2 or s3 crack into an Neglected dragon.
  • Sadly I have no idea what the final stats were at hatching! I was way too excited. But it must have been something under 200 unique views.

Finally I can do something with those pesky Zyus, when all I want is a Deepsea from this lineage. XD

@pinkgothicCrikey - I'm glad you were successful after all that!

I'm still getting failures no matter how I work it just now. Just had two yesterday.  It almost seems like my scroll has decided no more neglecteds now.  Gutted, as I was hoping for a small army.

Ran two experiments today. Both preloaded, unincud, common eggs, and used kill action.

Experiment 1: 2g Black Capped Teimarr

Preloaded with 704/54/5.
2 min experiment.
Added to Silvi's around 70 sec before ToD.
Turned at 918/60/9.
Added to literally every hatcherie I knew of. It got to s4 crack but had to use kill action to get it out.
Hatched w/ kill at 1308/88/9.

Experiment 2: 2g Neotropical

Preloaded with 747/54/4.
2 min experiment.
Added to Silvi's around 70sec before ToD.
Turned at 870/58/6. Added to every hatcherie I knew of. It got to s4 crack but had to use kill action in the end.
Used kill action at the last few seconds and it simply killed the egg instead of hatching, died at 1350/90/6. 

Perfect example of the riskiness of kill-version. :) Currently have 2 ND hatchies and 3 ND eggshells on my scroll. Oh happy days.

7 hours ago, must_ingel said:

Perfect example of the riskiness of kill-version. :) Currently have 2 ND hatchies and 3 ND eggshells on my scroll. Oh happy days.

My exp failed tonight, but Raphy grabbed them and I will try the kill version tomorrow. The one is all the way up to 878/61 ,,, hoping that's not already too high.

Shouldn't be, @egwenna, as long as you don't add to a highly-active hatcherie like VS... Perhaps just add to Silvi's around 1 min before ToD to gain very few views, or don't add to Silvi's if you have enough people ARing because they'll be adding UV during the exp as well. You'll learn to feel for it in the long run... Let us know how it goes/went.