TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

31 minutes ago, blackdragonqueen said:

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, and I apologize if I am just repeating, but are the 2nd stage sentences for the alpine dragon and the volcano dragon swapped? The alpine blue serpant says it "grew wings" while the volcano purple "got bigger". Or am I just not seeing the images correctly on my tiny phone screen?

If you look at the purple stage one, it has small wings connected to its arms. Hence, “got bigger” since it already had wings (or the beginning of wings).

13Years....! OMG I can't believe I'm still playing this game every single week, hahahaha I love this place! Happy Anniversary everyone!!

Is this a bug or? I had all my new eggs hidden except 1 I got a few hours ago the others were from the other day and they were sick so I hid them and now I see they are all dead despite having been hidden??

Is it some sort of bug that forces the hide off or? Or do the new ones just not allow it?

4 minutes ago, maskeradeplays said:

Is this a bug or? I had all my new eggs hidden except 1 I got a few hours ago the others were from the other day and they were sick so I hid them and now I see they are all dead despite having been hidden??

Is it some sort of bug that forces the hide off or? Or do the new ones just not allow it?

If you put your fresh new eggs into hatcheries too soon and they got sick, sometimes they do not recover even if fogged. If they got a lot of views in a short period of time, or if they weren’t hidden soon after they became sick, they can die even while fogged.  There is no mechanism that can force an egg to unhide.  Sorry that you lost your eggs! 

They are all so cute! So far, I have 4 couples and will have to be patient for the other 2 couples.

Thanks to TJ and all the spriters and others who contributed to another lovely event.

I...completely forgot this was coming up xD Good thing I noticed the AH was low time when I was hunting for biters. Got a couple for each one except the Forest and Volcano.

4 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

That made me check too and my join date was July 22, 2009 - wohaaa, almost 10 years as well. Unbelievable!! Time definately flies^^

You both made me check mine and I realised it's been over 10 years since I joined the forums (and almost 11 since I started playing,  according to the date of my first dragon :O). You'd think I'd have found more to say in that time lol.

Thanks for a fab decade, DC, and happy birthday - I can't wait to see what these little guys grow into.  Beautiful work on all six! ♡

lol my join date just says 2009 exact date not available.  (It was March 17, St Patty's day) Just in time for the site to crash for two weeks from the Lagmonster.  lol

Edit: according to my oldest dragon it was the 10th,  the 17th must have been when I joined the forums to find out what happened when the site went down/everything died.

Edited by DragonLady86

Has it really almost been 10 years for me (joined shortly before Halloween '09)? Maa-aa-aan, how time flies...

Anyway, really looking forward to the adult infinities! I have high hopes for the lil alpine ladies, but they're all gorgeous so far!

Edited by Niomedes

Jan 27 2010, for me. Just in time for the Sweetling thing -and I DIDN'T get caught and get alts :( And I joined the forum on Feb 10th.

And I haven't stopped since - nor shall I. :)

Just got my second batch. I am ACHING to see how the evil pymies mature...

I'm definitely most excited to see the Alpine dragons. The hatchlings look stunning! Then a close second would be the ones from the Jungle because I adore Eastern style dragons. ❤️❤️❤️

One more day 'till TJ's dragons grow up.  Just one more day.

The alpine hatchies are definitely intriguing.  What I want to know is, what's up with the tiny little purple hatchies that are supposed to be full-sized dragons?  And because I like drakes and pygmies, I want to see those ones, too.

LOVE all the new dragons. Looks like the assortment covers various types of dragons.

THANKS TJ!

Thank-you TJ. Got to admit, I am smitten with those tiny Pygmy eggs. 😍

HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY DRAGONCAVE!!!

And a big ❤️THANK YOU❤️ to everyone inolved for all your amazing work and dedication over all those years 😍

Now our hatchie has grown its wings 😊

I grabbed my first egg back on Oct 13 2008 - how time flies.  Glad I'm still a part of this awesome site and awesome community!

I dont know if anyone pointed this out @TJ09 but the two headed dragon has a misspelling. It says "your get a headache" instead of "you get a headache" 

Happy 13th anniversary,

I started playing August '08, joined the forums in January '10 collected nearly 9k dragons and I don't see me stopping anytime soon. Sometimes I have nightmares where TJ's latest news announcement is that he'll close the site and I will lose all my lineages, names and descriptions forever - let's hope it'll never come to that.

Change around here has been overall slow and careful so that the core nature of the site never changed but over the course of more than a decade it still adds up to a massive development.

THANK YOU TJ and spriters and mods and all the wonderful people of this community ❤️

P.S. LOVE the Infinity dragons - can't wait to see them all grown up :wub:

Edited by Herk

I checked my date. And all it says for me is 2009. (It was February 7th, 2009. Back when the old pinks still had the old sprite work.)) I'm in awe that it's been 10 years for me too! Time does indeed fly. XD

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Thanks TJ!!!! These are awesome eggs. Including Two headed, Pygmy and I'm sure there's a Drake in there somewhere. Whoop!

Yes, finally got the orange one.

I can't wait to see the adults!

And since everyone's posting when they joined, I might as well: 7th January 2009

I joined the forums a few weeks later to ask what was the deal with Zombie dragons :lol:

I joined on the 18th of October in 2011, so I've been a member for quite long too. Forum registration happened some time later though.

It looks like the transparency for the red pygmy egg is messed up? My red eggs were fine but the transparent mists turned solid when they first started cracking.

28 minutes ago, Seaviper said:

It looks like the transparency for the red pygmy egg is messed up? My red eggs were fine but the transparent mists turned solid when they first started cracking.

Same, it doesn't look as good solid...