TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

14 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Well, there's still Christmas!  And then Valentine's day!

Yes, very true! I think I just have a soft spot for Halloween though. But Christmas, yeah that is coming quick!

I don't collect that many eggs duruing holidays as I'm picky with lineages. This year I took a few in.

I only breed my CB past holidays (except for building lineages) as I know there is always more than needed.

Just now, Tetelestai said:

Yes, very true! I think I just have a soft spot for Halloween though. But Christmas, yeah that is coming quick!

I think my favorite is Christmas because it has not 1, not 2, but 5 favorite breeds of mine! Mistletoes, Solstices, Snows, Garlands and Yulebucks!

15 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Is anyone else besides me kinda sad Halloween is over? I mean I really love the event here and the anticipation of zombies and the new Halloween egg. Now to wait another year. Little sad on the inside :(

I'm actually kind of relieved? I loved the event, and grabing as many eggs as possible, and continuing my lineages, and of course the new release!! But it's so hectic... I'm happy to go back to normal for a few weeks before Christmas time 😛

Halloween is pretty "tiring" because there's no CB limit and the breeds have both genders so you have to be way more careful with your planning!! I loved these two weeks of craziness but some calm might do some good 😂

14 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Is anyone else besides me kinda sad Halloween is over? I mean I really love the event here and the anticipation of zombies and the new Halloween egg. Now to wait another year. Little sad on the inside :(

I thought it was just me. XD  But yeah, seeing a wall of eggs that you normally don't is such a nice rush and you can click on any of them and it's like opening a gift. seeing if it's CB, or a ncie lineage, or something perfectly messy to freeze. 

Just now for example, I had three spaces open up and managed to catch a CB Grave. So happy about that! :wub:

I've added 51 more Halloween dragons to my hoard this year. :D

12 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Yeah, my 'weenies have more than doubled.

I think not even Valentine would be able to reach the level that my Halloween group did, even if it's at 97 dragons. Unless I spend my time running around the AP mostly.

(poor Christmas.... I  only got 41 of them, I need to fix that. :lol: ) 

1 minute ago, Shuuichi said:

I think my favorite is Christmas because it has not 1, not 2, but 5 favorite breeds of mine! Mistletoes, Solstices, Snows, Garlands and Yulebucks!

Solstices are probably my favorite breed of all. I wish we could have more than 2 CB, but it is what it is. All the Christmas dragons are gorgeous!

1 minute ago, relaks said:

I'm actually kind of relieved? I loved the event, and grabing as many eggs as possible, and continuing my lineages, and of course the new release!! But it's so hectic... I'm happy to go back to normal for a few weeks before Christmas time 😛

Halloween is pretty "tiring" because there's no CB limit and the breeds have both genders so you have to be way more careful with your planning!! I loved these two weeks of craziness but some calm might do some good 😂

I can understand that! I keep grabbing AP eggs (what I can) hatching them and releasing them for someone else. Last I checked Allure Neglected has over 2 days to show all the dragons once (I have it on a higher setting). Dang!

Maybe instead of limiting clutches, there would be some way to allow people to influence eggs right down to 1 day for a week or something.  Turn off 3 day and over limiting for influence?  Probably not possible, code-wise...

Just now, Tetelestai said:

Solstices are probably my favorite breed of all. I wish we could have more than 2 CB, but it is what it is. All the Christmas dragons are gorgeous!

I can understand that! I keep grabbing AP eggs (what I can) hatching them and releasing them for someone else. Last I checked Allure Neglected has over 2 days to show all the dragons once (I have it on a higher setting). Dang!

Ah, yes, my unreasonable wishes of being able to own 4 CB Aegises to have 2 Pacified ones and 2 Enraged ones, 4 Sweetlings and available CB Black Alts... and 4 CB Solstices with CB Yellow Winged ones...

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I thought it was just me. XD  But yeah, seeing a wall of eggs that you normally don't is such a nice rush and you can click on any of them and it's like opening a gift. seeing if it's CB, or a ncie lineage, or something perfectly messy to freeze. 

Just now for example, I had three spaces open up and managed to catch a CB Grave. So happy about that! :wub:

I've added 51 more Halloween dragons to my hoard this year. :D

Yes, very true! Although I don't keep any, I still like looking to see what the dragon is. Happened to find a CB Cave Lurker while hatching AP eggs. ❤️ Congrats on the new Halloween hoard :D

@Shuuichi Yes, especially the Aegis ones. I do wish I could get all different variations of the Snow Angel

Edited by Tetelestai

1 minute ago, Shuuichi said:

Ah, yes, my unreasonable wishes of being able to own 4 CB Aegises to have 2 Pacified ones and 2 Enraged ones, 4 Sweetlings and available CB Black Alts... and 4 CB Solstices with CB Yellow Winged ones...

I assume you mean blue not yellow winged? But honestly saaaame

2 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Yes, very true! Although I don't keep any, I still like looking to see what the dragon is. Happened to find a CB Cave Lurker while hatching AP eggs. ❤️ Congrats on the new Halloween hoard :D

Thanks! and congrats on the CB catch yourself. I've tossed a ton back as well, only keeping about a third of what I've hatched. My reds are almost getting low, which hasn't happened in a good while, well, before when we still needed reds. xD

Just now, Syiren said:

Thanks! and congrats on the CB catch yourself. I've tossed a ton back as well, only keeping about a third of what I've hatched. My reds are almost getting low, which hasn't happened in a good while, well, before when we still needed reds. xD

Yes, my reds are okay but I ran out of them a month ago or so. Making a mental note of what I need to work on for next year as well as completing my zombie spreadsheet. "Gotta get em all!"

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

suggested in one of threads dealing with the holiday AP wall, that it might be time to consider cutting back the multiclutching to a max of 3 eggs. I was roundly booed and shot down for that, but I still think it may come to that. If it gets much worse we will have holiday eggs dying behind the wall. That hasn't happened yet, but in a few more years?

I have approximately 300 adult Halloweens.  I got 47 more this year.  If I bred them all next year I could could send over 1000 eggs to the AP with an average of 3 eggs per  clutch  I probably only bred half of the CBs and a few lineaged ones that I needed.   So I do agree that a lesser number of eggs could be bred and still the AP would be packed for days.  Obviously Christmas and Valentine's are somewhat different (I only have about 180 or so of each of those :P)

On a sad note, I wont be unlocked for another 8 hours .  Then I will hatch and abandon a bunch more until they are gone.  

Edited by Imzadi

I really hope this wall lasts until tomorrow when all my hatchies grow up buttt I doubt it, haha.

Still super bummed that it stayed ER for the entire THREE DAYS after Halloween. >:/

I have work tomorrow. I dunno if I'll wake up and try to catch another batch of weenies after my Arcana hoard grows up or not.

7 hours until my hatchie lock goes away, maybe I can catch something :P

I grabbed two more messies in the AP wall, both Cavern Lurkers. Loving this wall, though the messies seem few and far between.

i'm loving the wall too, and i found a lovely shadow x lunar that i needed. now i have to wait 8 hours for something else to grow up. i hope the wall lasts another day.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I grabbed two more messies in the AP wall, both Cavern Lurkers. Loving this wall, though the messies seem few and far between.

Yea, I got myself two more gloriously messies, the only sad part about that is that it makes it little hard for me to help the poor eggies until more things grow. 

2 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@TCA So, is that a Mismagius reference I see?

The new breed is just 'cute witches' in general. Mismagius is also a 'cute witch' aesthetic, but so is the main character of Mystik Belle, so is Marisa Kirisame, and the Arcana Dragon design is supposed to fit that archetype rather than be a direct reference to one thing in particular.

I'm now at 23/24, thanks to all these low-time eggs, that's the bad thing about such a low-time AP. You get so many hatchies so fast and then have to wait forever for them to grow up!

My thoughts on the alt Omen offspring are as follows.

Not everyone values the same things in this game. The two artists together bred a LOT of alt offspring--a pretty significant figure, from what I can tell. A lot of people care about lineages looking pretty, but a lot don't, so now those players that don't have an opportunity to have something special that fits their mold, rather than the standard. And I think that's pretty cool.

If you're upset to see the eggs bred the way they were, consider that not every egg bred is meant to fit your personal play style.

Edited by PieMaster