TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I am at the sixth batch of taking 8 eggs, hatching them and then throwing them back into the AP. It sure takes a lot. Just when I thought the Shadow Walkers wall was over, 2 hours later there's another one! XD

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Why are the AP times going *down*? They were going up earlier, from 3 days to 3d1h, but now it's back down to 2d23h. Shouldn't they go up as it gets closer to the end of the wall?

I figure it's because those of us who would normally be picking up those random eggs are all scroll locked (like me).

Scroll-locked for the next 24 hours.  :(  I'm very sorry I missed the rain Trololomens, but I was at work. 

I've had pretty good luck with precog the last few days - almost everything I bothered to use it on will gender correctly. :D 

I'm not sure how I feel yet about the Arcanas.  The anatomy and textures are fantastically done, and I love the dark purple with the golden orange wings and bellies.  But they're a bit over-colorful for my taste - I like the orange stripes, and the red fur, and the green throats all separately, but not all three together.  I'm going to head over to the lineage plans thread and see if anything there changes my view of them. 

.....Wow, there are some good ideas there.  Some combos are still way too bright to me, but a few of the others I'll be breeding next year.

Finally got this years Dragon from AP! Crazy hard this year 😜 I figured it would not happen! 

OMG, I got some beautiful checkers from the AP, but there's not enough time left to gender, so I'll just hope for the best. What an amazing event. Happy Halloween everyone. Happy Halloween rubyshoes and ponyboy and everyone. Absolutely so much fun.

This year's Halloween dragons are just too gorgeous for just be bred around Halloween. They need to be all year long, I want a million of them!!!💖💖💖💖💖

9 hours ago, abbi2996 said:

Really enjoying the chaos of these Alt Omen. 

Wait, what???

What did I miss?!?! 😟😟😟

One last message from me to thank the spriters for these cool dragons. I thought the event was only so-so but the collectibles were cool, I hope we'll have access to a page showing them!

@White Fox Process (possibly another spriter as well? Not sure) bred messy Spriter's Altkin to the AP from his pink Omen alts, so there was a bit of a frenzy on them once people started noticing there were a bunch.

Edited by Aalbiel

10 minutes ago, White Fox said:

Wait, what???

What did I miss?!?! 😟😟😟

8 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

One last message from me to thank the spriters for these cool dragons. I thought the event was only so-so but the collectibles were cool, I hope we'll have access to a page showing them!

@White Fox Process (possibly another spriter as well? Not sure) bred messy Spriter's Altkin to the AP from his pink Omen alts, so there was a bit of a frenzy on them once people started noticing there were a bunch.

And bridzgoboom bred the blue version of all their Omen SA's.

Edited by Sunrunner

15 minutes ago, White Fox said:

This year's Halloween dragons are just too gorgeous for just be bred around Halloween. They need to be all year long, I want a million of them!!!💖💖💖💖💖

That's the problem with amazing holiday sprites, they are so limited when it comes to lineages/breeding. Something this beautiful and bold deserves to be bred all year! 

I love the new Sprites. One of the interesting things about Spriters Alts is not just the color variations they do on what we have, but they are usually incredibly vibrant, eye-popping, I think the best word I can think of is not quite Technicolor (although that could be used), more Psychedelic, maybe even a Psychedelic Rave, but only with good positive themes of the terms, not negative ones. I mean it doesn't matter how small the squares are on your higher gen Lineages - YOU SEE THESE DRAGONS IN THE BASE!!! (Not always, but I would say more often and that is probably more of a growing trend, unless someone does the complete opposite and goes pale and faint, which is an inverse and just as legit and awesome.) But they stand out. We've had some really amazing colors and bright colors and dramatic and contrasting and all sorts of really cool things we can do with sprite art these days. I like these sprites because they share a lot of that. They don't just pop in a vivid bright color of one or two shades. (Shout out to Xenos for example). They Pop all over the place. And I think it is delightful and properly Holiday Spriteful. I love all my Holiday Sprites in all their varieties because people do really interesting and creative things and it is always evolving and changing and challenging. I like seeing some fun crazy color that is gonna take your attention in that mix. I cannot wait to breed them with everything, I don't care if it coordinates or contrasts. So many lovely experiments.

Shout out to the mOMENtous Halloween Trick/Prank of Flooding the AP with Lovely Lovely Omens Spriters Alts and Lovely Brambled Lineage Line Mates. It is from the Brambles that Comes the Rose, and this used to be my mantra when I started playing. I ONLY wanted to collect "messy lineaged" dragons and just embrace it because that is kinda how it can often be when starting. The forums and various real time chats and posts have changed that starting a lot so you can literally be a newb and have people presenting you with lovely Spriters Alts Perfectly Perfected and Primped Lineages on Day 1 - which is pretty amazing and awesome. I also love the opposite and appreciate anyone who embraces their Family Bramble. Cuz no one  in this game has a Family Tree. We either have various patterns, NEVER shaped like a tree, or we have brambles. I love all the lineages, especially on messy one when you go back and you are like OMG I know who bred those dragons or made a line similar or OMG they have part of my babies in there - Always fun. And some of the dragons go way back. So gratz and I have no idea how long you both have been planning and working on this, and who may or may not have helped, but well played.

The Event was Great, I was able to get stuff, I was able to do stuff, and it was smashed in between a lot of busy and hectic stuff and for that I am grateful. And I always grateful to spend what time I can with friends old and new on the Holidays, even the Trickier, Spookier, Sugar-Laced Energy ones. Luffs To All And Cheers all around!

ugh, scroll locked for at least 5 more hours. Hope the Halloween wall lasts long enough for me to grab a few more cuties. Even if they're messy and just for freezing. I love the Holiday wall in the AP and how it lasts days after. 

Ehh... the more I look at the adults, the less I like them. There's just far too many colors on the sprite, that green is just unnecessary and makes these dragons super hard to be used for lineage building. I traded off some of the Arcanas I picked up. For a moment I even thought about just keeping two Arcanas for myself and trading off the rest.

Wait, there were messy alts in the AP?! I completely missed that. I have yet to catch anything from SAs this year, so that would have been amazing :(

This has been a pretty great Halloween. I am especially thankful that re-releases of CBs seem to be a regular thing now, because I've finally been able to hoard ALL the Shadow Walkers! :D (As well as some other cool stuff.)

And thank you to the people who intentionally breed and abandon their awesome lineages for us AP hunters. :)

55 minutes ago, offensivetitles said:

Darn.. I missed the egg this year. It was one of the cooler designs too!! :(

They are still showing in the AP from time to time.

8 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

This has been a pretty great Halloween. I am especially thankful that re-releases of CBs seem to be a regular thing now, because I've finally been able to hoard ALL the Shadow Walkers! :D (As well as some other cool stuff.)

And thank you to the people who intentionally breed and abandon their awesome lineages for us AP hunters. :)

I waited until the last breeding hour to breed my CB Halloween dragons and other good lineages for that last horrah, So there should be some nice checkers and 2G's popping up towards the end. Along with plenty of messies for freezing. :D

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

I waited until the last breeding hour to breed my CB Halloween dragons and other good lineages for that last horrah, So there should be some nice checkers and 2G's popping up towards the end. Along with plenty of messies for freezing. :D

I sometimes wait to breed my nice lineages too, although I worry about them getting stuck behind the AP wall and then misgendering because they're ER by the time they get picked up. I have been noticing some nice stuff that I'll keep even if they misgender, though. :)

10 hours ago, Haloclimb said:

And right now, no one wants any more Shadow Walkers

I do. I always do. ;)

And I got two of the messy alt Omens somehow and am gifting them. :) That was a nice idea.