TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I'm currently hatching another batch to toss out to the hatchie wall.

No idea how many I did already 😁

5 minutes ago, White Fox said:

Is there a link/thread to view all the alts???

There were no alts produced, just exremely messy/entertaining altkin. There are many lineage links posted over the past few pages, check those out.

Also, the dragcave wiki lists a large portion of the Alt sprites for you to see if thats what you mean :)

I got one of the pink (Process) messy omens and froze it before I realized it was from a spriter's alt.,  Oh, well.  At least I have one. 

Man I'm regretting freezing so many old-halloweens. I am now desperately calculating when a freeze will come back, I'm going to have to let a certain egg get down to like 1 day before hatching. Then again, I really love the frozens I've gathered this halloween!

I am really sad that all those AP eggs are too low time to be influenced. I'm very glad that I decided not to breed all of mine at the last minute. I was seeing several people posting about breeding hundreds of them at that point and the AP eggs were already under 3 days. 

I rescued and hatched a lot over the last two days but I am out of scroll space now. I have only 1 egg, but 24 growing things. My Arcanas won't grow up until sometime tomorrow. I wonder how many eggs are still back there? Will there still be some then?

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I rescued and hatched a lot over the last two days but I am out of scroll space now. I have only 1 egg, but 24 growing things. My Arcanas won't grow up until sometime tomorrow. I wonder how many eggs are still back there? Will there still be some then?

Last Halloween the AP wall broke around 6pm cave-time on Nov 5th (why yes, I did go searching around the forums to find that info). If things this year are similar, you should have most of tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am really sad that all those AP eggs are too low time to be influenced. I'm very glad that I decided not to breed all of mine at the last minute. I was seeing several people posting about breeding hundreds of them at that point and the AP eggs were already under 3 days. 

I only bred three of my pairs I think. DC's player base is obviously getting smaller and smaller, there is just no use in breeding so many.

I sincerely hope I will be able to see the end of the Halloween wall this year because there's always pretty things dying that are waiting for a new home at the end.

Edited by Shuuichi

3 minutes ago, blah said:

I only bred three of my pairs I think. DC's player base is obviously getting smaller and smaller, there is just no use in breeding so many.

I'm not sure the player base is getting smaller. But the number of Halloween dragons available to breed is growing by leaps and bounds. With no limit on CBs there are more of each breed in the breeding pool than there are for other holidays. I have well over 200 Halloween dragons that I could have bred this year and I know of others who have many more. I was only able to collect about 45 eggs to keep. I realize that some people could time things better and collect more than that, but no one at this point can collect as many as they can breed. With the effect of multi-clutches the disparity is even greater.

I suggested in one of threads dealing with the holiday AP wall, that it might be time to consider cutting back the multiclutching to a max of 3 eggs. I was roundly booed and shot down for that, but I still think it may come to that. If it gets much worse we will have holiday eggs dying behind the wall. That hasn't happened yet, but in a few more years?

Yeah, what @purplehaze said. I don't think the AP wall is an indication of lower user numbers, it's just that there are SO MANY Halloween dragons out there to be bred now. A lot of people have well over 100 Halloweens. Each of them can breed up to 4 eggs. That's at *least* 400 potential eggs going to the AP wall from just *one* user. The combination of so many years of old Halloweens to breed, and multi-clutches, there are a LOT of eggs being tossed to the AP. It doesn't much matter how little or big the userbase is when numbers like that are put up against our measly 8 eggslots.

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, what @purplehaze said. I don't think the AP wall is an indication of lower user numbers, it's just that there are SO MANY Halloween dragons out there to be bred now. A lot of people have well over 100 Halloweens. Each of them can breed up to 4 eggs. That's at *least* 400 potential eggs going to the AP wall from just *one* user. The combination of so many years of old Halloweens to breed, and multi-clutches, there are a LOT of eggs being tossed to the AP. It doesn't much matter how little or big the userbase is when numbers like that are put up against our measly 8 eggslots.

And actually, it makes me think the player base is growing tbh, just by the sheer number of how many Halloween eggs there are and like you said, more and more dragons with each passing year. 

I for the first time bred all my halloweens, and threw 120 eggs into the ap so it definitely is just there's a lot more eggs in there. Maybe bringing back giving them an extra day would be helpful? At least when they hit 3 days?

Loving the Omen chuckle a few pages back. I collect strictly CB stuff, but think the alt messy Omen thing was pretty awesome. I'm one of the people who breeds my Halloweens the 25th, so they should be all adopted, hatched, and grown up. I've never seen a holiday wall quite like this to be honest!

Also, in regard to when I bred my final Halloween, I looked it up and found that the last one I bred was the morning of the 30th.

Can anyone who has less than 2 Arcana's (new halloween dragons) PM me? :3 I can gift one egg.

7 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

I'm just hoping the wall will still be there when I get unlocked in 6 hrs.

I'm hoping the same, but I have 13 hours! :o 

Is anyone else besides me kinda sad Halloween is over? I mean I really love the event here and the anticipation of zombies and the new Halloween egg. Now to wait another year. Little sad on the inside :(

Just now, Tetelestai said:

Is anyone else besides me kinda sad Halloween is over? I mean I really love the event here and the anticipation of zombies and the new Halloween egg. Now to wait another year. Little sad on the inside :(

Well, there's still Christmas!  And then Valentine's day!

I breed about three of my Omens on 25 to work on a lineage, and... breed like five or so random other dragons on 31. But that was because I didn't think about what to breed my other dragons to.

Though I had only 96 dragons at the beginning of this event, now I'm at 154 dragons.with a chance of me getting more before the end. :lol:

1 minute ago, Lady Dragoon said:

I breed about three of my Omens on 25 to work on a lineage, and... breed like five or so random other dragons on 31. But that was because I didn't think about what to breed my other dragons to.

Though I had only 96 dragons at the beginning of this event, now I'm at 154 dragons.with a chance of me getting more before the end. :lol:

Yeah, my 'weenies have more than doubled.