TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Really enjoying the chaos of these Alt Omen. Normally I've tried to stick to lower gen alts when I'm lucky enough to get them, but couldn't resist picking up a handful of each of them. So glad I didn't go to bed early like I was originally planning. XD Managed to completely scroll lock myself, too, thanks to everything being such low time, so that's awesome.

I've been playing for several years now but don't really post on here (although I do a lot of reading of posts) but had such a good time tonight I felt like I had to say something :D

35 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Too late—the Omen legacy is the image of a giant dragon running from a bucket of running water, seared forever into our minds.

Maybe the sequel to the legacy, though. Straight-to-AP release.

I tried to explain the running water joke to my mom, just because I was so tickled when I saw it. She totally didn't get it, lol. 

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I tried to explain the running water joke to my mom, just because I was so tickled when I saw it. She totally didn't get it, lol. 

That, the bear, and basically every bit of self-detrimental humor inside the house were probably my favorite jokes, haha. There were some good ones. Reminded me favorably of the Valentine event from last year.

11 minutes ago, Haloclimb said:

Look at it this way- you now have some unique, beautiful dragons with rich histories, and you can always grab more CB eggs next halloween!

Also, got my final messy omen and it's from the spicy hotdog, I'm so happy <333

https://dragcave.net/lineage/RbYiP

Gonna put this pride of place on my scroll, the world needs to see these wonderful creatures

Indeed! New Dragons are temporarily, but messy Omens are love, Messy Omens are Life Eternal! 

Oh nice! I'm happy for you. :D

Why are the AP times going *down*? They were going up earlier, from 3 days to 3d1h, but now it's back down to 2d23h. Shouldn't they go up as it gets closer to the end of the wall?

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Why are the AP times going *down*? They were going up earlier, from 3 days to 3d1h, but now it's back down to 2d23h. Shouldn't they go up as it gets closer to the end of the wall?

I think it's because so many eggs are just *sitting* for hours at a time. And right now, no one wants any more Shadow Walkers, or Black Marrows, or Cave Lurkers...everyone just wants the newer releases to finish their collections. So even though there's ~80 people sitting in the AP, it's 78 searching for a specific breed, and 2 just grabbing the odd egg to hatch.

So you have lots of eggs sit and time down, which impacts every other egg behind the wall, which ends up with lots of eggs going critical orz

i just spent 20 minutes trying to find a messy omen, just in case there were some left, and found a cb shadow to hatch, which i'm quite pleased about. i only saw one omen, and missed it.

1 minute ago, greycat said:

i just spent 20 minutes trying to find a messy omen, just in case there were some left, and found a cb shadow to hatch, which i'm quite pleased about. i only saw one omen, and missed it.

I caught a bunch of messy Desipises in the last hour and a couple of Omens but tossed them back. Maybe I should have gifted them to those who actually are seeking them (facepalm)

Now I have to wait 6 hours to have more space in my scroll. Can't wait! T_T

I think you're probably right. Since the messy wave of awesome seems to have passed, when my scroll opens up more from stuff growing up I may do my part grabbing and hatching some "unwanted" stuff just to help keep the AP moving. 

Just now, Lurhstaap said:

I think you're probably right. Since the messy wave of awesome seems to have passed, when my scroll opens up more from stuff growing up I may do my part grabbing and hatching some "unwanted" stuff just to help keep the AP moving. 

I think some people hatches and tossed back so there might be some in the hatchie wall

1 minute ago, Haloclimb said:

I think it's because so many eggs are just *sitting* for hours at a time. And right now, no one wants any more Shadow Walkers, or Black Marrows, or Cave Lurkers...everyone just wants the newer releases to finish their collections. So even though there's ~80 people sitting in the AP, it's 78 searching for a specific breed, and 2 just grabbing the odd egg to hatch.

So you have lots of eggs sit and time down, which impacts every other egg behind the wall, which ends up with lots of eggs going critical orz

I will admit once I heard about the messy Omens I stopped grabbing random eggs to hatch and then throw back if I didn't want to keep them(whether to hope for the right gender or to freeze.). I started looking for the Omens and maybe any new dragon I could see.

But once my hatchlings grow up, I can go back helping the wall! ...if I don't get distracted by a omen or Arancia, :lol:

Just now, bones17601 said:

Is the hatchling wall like, guaranteed, or will they probably grow up in the wild at this rate?

Had one last year should be the same this year we are getting close to the end of the Halloween eggs now anyways so maybe tomorrow night /Monday morning

1 minute ago, Lady Dragoon said:

I will admit once I heard about the messy Omens I stopped grabbing random eggs to hatch and then throw back if I didn't want to keep them(whether to hope for the right gender or to freeze.). I started looking for the Omens and maybe any new dragon I could see.

But once my hatchlings grow up, I can go back helping the wall! ...if I don't get distracted by a omen or Arancia, :lol:

I'm not seeing many Omens anymore, but there is the odd Arcana going past, so you might be able to grab one! :D

The messy Omens have ended up taking over my scroll, and now I'm scouring through the AP to get a collection of messy, messy halloween dragons with spriters alt's in their lineages (somewhere). Got one of the shadow walkers and the pumpkin, so it's off to a good start!

i just saw an arcana go past :)

and a lovely person gifted me a messy alt chaos omen :D

1 hour ago, Haloclimb said:

I'm not seeing many Omens anymore, but there is the odd Arcana going past, so you might be able to grab one! :D

The messy Omens have ended up taking over my scroll, and now I'm scouring through the AP to get a collection of messy, messy halloween dragons with spriters alt's in their lineages (somewhere). Got one of the shadow walkers and the pumpkin, so it's off to a good start!

Maybe! But if I don't, that okay because I'm happy with my haul of dragons this Halloween. :D

Edit: VICTORY I GOT MYSELF ANOTHER NEW HALLOWEEN! ...now it's time for me to hit the hay and come back later to see what going on in the AP

Edited by Lady Dragoon

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

@birdzgoboom I got one of yours! Thanks for the mass alt breeding :D

Same here! I was quite surprised at my Desipis!

I froze my messy alts with fun names to fit the awesome alts that parented them. For now I'm scrollocked praying that these dragons gender correctly. Need to mass breed my Aeons

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It may be partly because so many people bred all their dragons on the 31st -- some people reported breeding hundreds of them -- but many of us have all our egg slots full right now and can't grab any more. I was catching, hatching and abandoning until I filled my scroll with stuff I just couldn't let go! I just hope the holiday wall lasts until my Arcanas grow up so that I will have space for the ER wall that follows the holiday hatchie wall. XD 

I didn't hear about the messy Omens till I was TOTALLY locked. :( Oh well.

5 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Like I said—if the intent was to spread nice things to random less-fortunate players, I think 2gs would have helped your cause better. If the intent was to troll—alright. But the stated intent was to spread good things to less fortunate players, and I gave my thoughts on that. That is all. Just running commentary. Nothing to see here. You kids have fun. ;) 

If it had been 2Gs, the good catchers wouldn't be tossing them back, though. ;) That's what's helping other people get them, disproportionately to the 2G scenario. (Mind, I hear you, and basically agree with you regardless of what I just said, but there is a method to the madness!)

...although their sudden notoriety probably undid most of that. OH WELL. XD

It's raining memes, hallelulja, it's raining memes...

So I missed the fun with the messy SA omens apparently 😂 I would have loved to see this. Reading back the last few pages is a blast though ! Regardless of pretty lineage or not, they made tonight fun for lots of user, so that's always a bonus! :D

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

...although their sudden notoriety probably undid most of that. OH WELL. XD

It looks like that is exactly what happened. They suddenly became the new 2G Prizes and everyone was fighting for them. So good luck to the newbies!

I missed the whole thing, but it looks like a good time was had by (almost) all. I just hope this doesn't make looking for nice Omens next year even harder than it would have been otherwise.

6 hours ago, tjekan said:

The AP is depressing me so much this year. I've been wasting hours grabbing, hatching and releasing dozens of eggs that have passed the 3-day mark and can't be influenced anyway, only to watch the AP continuing to fall even further behind instead of creeping forward. Every nice lineage that everyone bred on Halloween, myself included, is going to go to waste now due to random gendering.

The only sour note in an otherwise enjoyable holiday. 😕

Yeah, I REALLY hate that we can't influence eggs 3 days or lower. There were many pretty checkers I didn't keep today because they precogged wrong, what a bummer. I'm glad I decided to breed the majority of my own checkers on day 1 so they'd have plenty of time remaining for people to influence. Gonna do that again next year for sure! Course it's only this annoying because Halloweens CAN misgender, we won't have worry so much for Christmas (except for Hollies and Mistletoes) and Valentines is totally fine.