Jump to content
TJ09

2018-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Recommended Posts

Those adult sprites are so amazing. I was pleasantly surprised to see how colorful they are. I LOVE them!

Share this post


Link to post

Ooh, Slytherins just popping up everywhere!

 

And re: AP egg wall, I think I've found a good 3 or 4 CB Halloweens in there this year.  It's AWESOME.  Thanks, other people!

Share this post


Link to post

I've found way more then 3 or 4 CBs in the AP, lol. Gifted most, traded a few. It's awesome to see people dumping CBs in there for others, I didn't get to do as much of that this year as I would've liked. 

 

The marrow that was locking me *finally* grew up (2 hours late), so now I can hunt again! With only 1 spot, but it's better then nothing (I prefer grabbing like 3-4 at a time and then seeing if I got anything good, lol).

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've found way more then 3 or 4 CBs in the AP, lol. Gifted most, traded a few. It's awesome to see people dumping CBs in there for others, I didn't get to do as much of that this year as I would've liked. 

 

The marrow that was locking me *finally* grew up (2 hours late), so now I can hunt again! With only 1 spot, but it's better then nothing (I prefer grabbing like 3-4 at a time and then seeing if I got anything good, lol).

Mine is a Cavern Lurker.  *grin*  But I think we're down to less than an hour, so that's something!

 

Edit:  It grew up and 3 minutes later . . . I'm scroll locked again.  hahahhah

 

Edited by tiny_gremlin

Share this post


Link to post

Gotta say just wow Birdz and I really weren't expecting this much of a reaction to a mass breeding of omens. We are very glad so many people enjoyed the mess!

 

Between the two of us we managed to send 913 eggs (some of them desipis) to the ap, we were hoping to create an omen wall but they were all picked up that quick! Seriously you guys are insane.

 

We are both really excited to see what delightful messes the community makes of these eggs!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Process said:

Gotta say just wow Birdz and I really weren't expecting this much of a reaction to a mass breeding of omens. We are very glad so many people enjoyed the mess!

 

Between the two of us we managed to send 913 eggs (some of them desipis) to the ap, we were hoping to create an omen wall but they were all picked up that quick! Seriously you guys are insane.

 

We are both really excited to see what delightful messes the community makes of these eggs!

O_O

 

We do insane well.

Share this post


Link to post

913, holy cow!  I did see a couple of the alt-children come through.

 

I managed to pick up the siblings from my one shadow walker breeding.  What are the odds!  I'm keeping them as extras in case the one I kept decides to refuse later.

 

(pssst: even if you don't have space to pick up eggs in the AP, visiting a hatchery to give views will go a long way to helping the AP backup clear out faster!)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Process said:

Gotta say just wow Birdz and I really weren't expecting this much of a reaction to a mass breeding of omens. We are very glad so many people enjoyed the mess!

 

Between the two of us we managed to send 913 eggs (some of them desipis) to the ap, we were hoping to create an omen wall but they were all picked up that quick! Seriously you guys are insane.

 

We are both really excited to see what delightful messes the community makes of these eggs!

nine.......nine hundread and 13? Holy cow!

 

5 more hours until my arcana grow up ugggh let me huuunt

 

Edit: Whomever named your shadow walkers after Chrome and Mukuro I see you and I love you! Now I get to debate if I keep this egg 😧

Edited by Tinibree

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tiny_gremlin said:

O_O

 

We do insane well.

 

LOL Yes we do! DCers excel at insane, especially during the holidays. 

 

I haven't done a final tally on my Halloweens yet since the AP wall is still there, but I know I've gone way over my scroll-goal for Black Marrows, Cavern Lurkers, and probably Omens as well (I think the messy alt babies were the ones that put me over for those!). 

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing 1h eggs on hatcheries... It'd be funny if some neglects popped out of those halloweens

 

Edit: Yay, adults *v*~

Edited by Arkee

Share this post


Link to post

Well, 5 days after halloween, and the AP is still clogged. At least it's on the eggs from the 31st, but still. How long did this last last year? It's probably going to get worse every year. It's a mix of both great and awful cause it artificially extends the holiday, but the eggs are also uninfluencable at this point, and 24 just isn't enough hatchling slots for a flood like this.

Honestly wonder if we should limit the multiclutch to 2 eggs, max of 4 seems unnecessary, and the site was laggy enough as is.

Overall, lag 0/10, AP 5/10, event 0/10, new dragon 9/10.

I think the servers or something need long overdue work before christmas- and speaking of events, not really a fan of the self insert quest stories. I miss the real events where you actually did things like decorate trees or build forts. Just seems more engaging to me.

Share this post


Link to post

Dang! I can't believe I missed all those alts. I got a 3G Decepis earlier during the event which I'm thankful for, so I have that, but I'm sad I missed the awesome wave.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Well, 5 days after halloween, and the AP is still clogged. At least it's on the eggs from the 31st, but still. How long did this last last year?

 

I searched the forums earlier today and based on posts from last Halloween the AP flood broke on the 5th around 6pm cave-time, if it's similar this year it should break sometime this afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

I searched the forums earlier today and based on posts from last Halloween the AP flood broke on the 5th around 6pm cave-time, if it's similar this year it should break sometime this afternoon.


Ah, I couldn't remember. Well either way, while I think it might get worse next year, there is a cap to it, the most we can really wall is 7 days after halloween before everything there dies, unless people start picking up, hatching, and throwing back. Then in theory we could have a 3 day hatchie wall as well.

But I still think something should be done to get around the clogging. Not everyone wants the holiday eggs still (I do, but still).

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think time left is a bad thing, tbh I don't influence much of anything, I just keep the nice lineages. The hatchling limit is definitely what's keeping the ap blocked. Going by last year isn't great just because that was when we were all surprised by the past holiday CB biome so I'm sure a lot of people forgot to breed.

 

Multi-clutch well, I would hate to see it locked in at 2, I can maybe see down to 3 instead of 4, but that would just make me sad at all the nice lineages that wouldn't get spread as far. Maybe we could get an extra set of hatchling slots during the holiday? Or possibly more freeze slots since that would also free up room to grab from the ap.

 

Valentines/Christmas will be better, people drop CB into the ap and people might not be able to pick them up, but outside of that people won't be grabbing as many CB during the breeding week either.

 

edit: also people are already grabbing and hatching and dropping things back in the ap, i've seen people talk about it the whole event, especially last night so, be prepared.

Edited by Tinibree

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tinibree said:

 

Valentines/Christmas will be better, people drop CB into the ap and people might not be able to pick them up, but outside of that people won't be grabbing as many CB during the breeding week either.

 

 

 

don't be so sure, some people have huuuge scroll goals for CBs 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

don't be so sure, some people have huuuge scroll goals for CBs 

 

Well, unless the limits are raised, they physically can't grab more. (I'm hoping they raise to 4, I really am..).

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

don't be so sure, some people have huuuge scroll goals for CBs 

 

Kinda hampered by Val/Xmas having the 2 CB limits, is what they meant I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

don't be so sure, some people have huuuge scroll goals for CBs 

But isn't there a limit to non-halloween holiday CBs? Or does that only apply to the new breed?

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, the Arcana dragons look amazing, not only are they vibrant, but there's something about the sprites that just seems different than the rest (in a good way.) I really love them; easily one of my favorites of the Halloweens.:D

 

Still sad that Vampires weren't brought back as CBs; been dying to get my hands on one, which is impossible unless they're returned. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Natakiro said:

Still sad that Vampires weren't brought back as CBs; been dying to get my hands on one, which is impossible unless they're returned. :(

Saaame I want CB vamps so badly, ones that aren't bitten. The closest we can get now is a CB egg bit by a CB vamp.

Share this post


Link to post

Vampires have been forgotten in relation to halloween. They didn't even get boosted chances of success as far as I can tell. I bit 9 eggs during the week, and 8 of them died. 

Share this post


Link to post

The AP wall is gonna last quite a while from what I can tell, eggs I bred around 7pm cave time halloween still haven't hit the ap, a few hours to go even, + another 5 hours after me. We might get a good chunk of another day outta it.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.