TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

don't we have to all them mimic pigmies now?

or is murder chickens and/or murder bird an official nick name?

Ohhh does the description of the pygmies imply that they change sprite at night?

1 minute ago, Alrexwolf said:

I thought someone said the purples sorted in the P's? How can they be mimic pygmys?

Pygmy, Mimic

I guess. Or something like that.

In some sort systems, all pigmies sort together. they do in the system I use.

I use legacy sort btw.

Edited by Vict

2 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Ohhh does the description of the pygmies imply that they change sprite at night?

O.o Excellent Question!

Murderous Poultry Indeed! * Stows them with her halloween dragons*

Oh, my!  I thought that the pygmies looked more like parrots than chickens, and I think I was right!  Named mine Z'Random Dark Parrot of Doom and Z'Random Polly Wanna Cracker!  Good names, I think!

I really like the dark, menacing mimic pygmies. (Why do they sort under P, though? For "Pygmy, Mimic"?)

I wish they were a little smaller, though. They're just a little bit too big to look right to me in a Dark Myst or Kyanite lineage. Maybe I'll get used to them for Dark Myst.

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

I really like the dark, menacing mimic pygmies. (Why do they sort under P, though? For "Pygmy, Mimic"?)

I wish they were a little smaller, though. They're just a little bit too big to look right to me in a Dark Myst or Kyanite lineage. Maybe I'll get used to them for Dark Myst.

I plan on breeding them to pumpkins, actually as they seem highly appropriate for a Halloween lineage!

Huh. Siyat dragon adult looks pretty nice. Probably not a new favorite breed, but definitely not bad. :) The coloring mechanic on this one turned out to be quite interesting!

Mimic Pygmies really sound like a Halloween concept that went unused. They weren't quite as bad as I feared them to be, but... eh. Not a fan.

Thank you to TJ and the spriters for this new release.

Just now, JavaTigress said:

I plan on breeding them to pumpkins, actually as they seem highly appropriate for a Halloween lineage!

Yes, they'll look great with pumpkins, which is probably why they were designed with larger sprites (same as magelights); I was thinking about year-long lineages, though. 🙂

1 minute ago, SamuelMaybird said:

That's why TJ's color babs all hatched green, it wasn't a glitch but the correct mechanics oooooh so cool!

they all hatched purple, not green

and more adults!

Edited by Vict

Ooh, the adults we have so far are lovely! I can't wait to see the male pygmy. I'm definitely going to be breeding them with Pumpkins and Dark Mysts!

I think it's interesting that we got two somewhat similar "glowy" dragons, but one is peaceful and the other vicious. 

Very meh about the glowies all having the same poses. They are pretty, but I don’t think I’ll be investing in them with the extra time requirements.

I like our little Dracula Pygmy so far, awaiting the other pose!

@Cinspawn

That graphic is excellent !! (And it is also correct, as far as I understand the theory. 😉 )

Maybe you should put it in a separate thread in "Site Discussion" (like "Siyat Colour Mechanics Theory" or some such), so it doesn't get buried under all the joy for the adults.

And with credit to @angelicdragonpuppy, I think ? Did I see it right, and you made up this theory ?

Edit: Okay, to be really correct you'd have to replace every "theory" I mentioned by "hypothesis". cbussiere has the real science going. :-D

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@Cinspawn If it hasn't been confirmed it's a hypothesis, not a theory! ;) Though the description does basically confirm it.

@tjekan Presumably. All the pygmies sort together (unless it's because I'm still on the old sort or whatever?)

Pretty cool that the Siyats explore the concept of messing with your dragon's development speed. Doesn't seem too difficult (I like that we have full control over the form, rather than having to wait for the right time), but I still probably won't get myself more than a couple of purples. I do wish the green and blue weren't near-indistinguishable on the sprite, but on the other hand, it does just make the purple stand out more, fitting for the highest status.

I still think the Mimics look like little gargoyles. :P It's cool to see a bulkier pygmy.

Edited by cbussiere

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Very meh about the glowies all having the same poses. They are pretty, but I don’t think I’ll be investing in them with the extra time requirements.

I like our little Dracula Pygmy so far, awaiting the other pose!

Yees. i am curious to see...

Siyats are lovely ❤️  definitely need more of them. At least the breeding mechanic doesn’t seem too difficult, because I can see wanting to use these. Not a fan of the pygmies. But then again I don’t like any pygmies lol. So no surprise there. 

1 minute ago, cbussiere said:

Pretty cool that the Siyats explore the concept of messing with your dragon's development speed. Doesn't seem too difficult (I like that we have full control over the form, rather than having to wait for the right time), but I still probably won't get myself more than a couple of purples. I do wish the green and blue weren't near-indistinguishable on the sprite, but on the other hand, it does just make the purple stand out more, fitting for the highest status.

On my computer, the green stands out, and the blue and purple are similar

@Vict Okay, so not the spriter's fault then! Nevermind. XD Monitor differences are tricky...

Edit: The wing colors all look very distinct, just the spots seem to be troublesome (same with the eggs).

Edited by cbussiere

I like the greens best of all, whew! I’ve been thinking this since hatchie stage (was hoping it’d change with growth), but the cyan on the eggs looks... well, cyan, Skywing-blue. The normal blue we actually got isn’t what I was hoping for—I wanted something ala Falconiforms. But the lime green is very nice.

@Lantean_Pegasus kindaaa, I was the first person to hit upon the idea last night and put down the exact time requirements, but darn @Nine and their massive brain put in a correct guess for hatching time around a day before me. XD