TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

3 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Oh, I like the male MP a lot! He looks so impish. More interesting pose and the face looks more defined than the female's. What a cute thing. :)

And I must admit, I never saw the chicken resemblance... There are no feathers. :huh:

They did look like plucked chickens though... 

Link to a visual demonstration (content warning - not vegan)

I love them all.

However, green Siyat's are my favorite from this release. (and than goodness they are the ones that suit my play style of incubate everything)

I like both of them! Love all the purple colours, though I think I prefer the green variant for the Siyats. I'm glad I was able to trade one for one of my blues.

31 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Also, no, they're a lot larger than pumpkins. Pumpkins just happen to have a.... rather large pumpkin around them. 

How about the size of their sprites in relations to the other pygmies? Maybe it's because I'm on mobile, but it looks bigger than usual.

It's definitely on my to-do list now @Cinspawn! :D

Edited by scalesofgrey

Oh my! Mimic Pygmies and Siyat Dragons! Lovely release! Thanks TJ and spriters!

Oh, just to be sure I understood the Siyats right:

Incubated eggs hatch green (5 days)

Non-incubated eggs hatch blue (4 days)

Eggs under the hatching time hatch purple (3 days)

Is this it?

6 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Corteo made the very seahorse esque ArsanisArmani’s too, might be a theme XD

Wow - I got something right!!! 😆

Is Siyat dragons name a reference to Russian, like Sinii Krai? Siyat' is a Russian verb, meaning "to shine/glow".

Edited by suane_lightfurr

They are looking great to me! Especially like the pygmies they are creepy and cute the best combination^^

42 minutes ago, Vict said:

they all hatched purple, not green

and more adults!

That's the point you wanted to make? My miscolor. Not that we had a clue into the mechanic but we're lead to believe that it was a glitch.

the siyats are gorgeous! i love them all. i'm going to go crazy trying to get the blue and purple ones, as i'm so impatient. i usually incubate everything.

those pygmies still look awfully big to me. 

53 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I thought someone said the purples sorted in the P's? How can they be mimic pygmys?

There was a bug that was recently fixed. The Mimic Pygmies weren't counted in the Unique Breeds Counter. So I suppose they were sorted as "Pygmy", between Purples and Pyralspites

i don't quite understand why a group effort to figure it out needs to be singled down to one person to give credit to but okay :P everyone helped out and put effort into trying to solve it, adn their efforts were just as vital as the person who finally made a right guess. No reason to shove aside everyone that assisted to say thank you to one person only, but oh well lol

anyways, on the subject of the adults: not my favorites, but not my least favorites. Dont' think i'll breed the glow-spots much, and i preferred the little chicken pygmies as hatchlings, but as i said, they're not bad, just not my favorites

i should get my first blue today, my first purple tomorrow, and the rest of my purples and blues this weekend

I may be one of the few but i actually like the hatching mechanic. It sounds new and refreshing. Of course it will hold an egg slot or more for a longer time, but i actually prefer this over sunset/sunrise and things like that.

I really like Siyat dragons, expecially green and purple, while the pigmies are creepy and one of the darkest lore we ever had in dc o.O I'm kinda surprised they came out now and not for halloween

Edited by Naruhina_94

This mechanic doesn't sound fun, eggslots are scarce enough and now we have sprites that take even longer to hatch, yay. And their social status is based on what color they are, even dragons have racists!

Other than that the design is nice, brown is underused and often used poorly so it's nice to see a sprite that knows how to make the color work. Their writing is a bit uncomfortable and their mechanics will probably be incredibly annoying but they still look great. Plus them being vaguely color-ist isn't automatically a downside to the writing, it gives the breed some dimension and moral grayness which most social breeds don't really get because people seem to think social species = 100% nice species which isn't always true in real life, lions, humans, lobbyists, the list goes on.

Also the Mimic pygmy has really, really cool lore, we need more malevolent dragons on site, we have so many peaceful or just neutral ones but sometimes we should get dragon that is a total monster in the wild, some real nightmare fuel. My only problem with the breed is that the design is kinda bland and the female's pose is a bit awkward, it doesn't look impossible but it looks uncomfortable. 

I hope they have some kind of night form.

Edited by blockEdragon

Came to check and see if the adults arrived yet and low and behold we have some blue babies?! Eeeeee!!! I love it! So all we gotta do is hold on to some eggs to hatch today for blue and tomorrow for purple! Excellent! I only have one more egg to hatch for a blue, but hey, I have one open egg slot, maybe I can nab another. xD

4 minutes ago, suane_lightfurr said:

Is Siyat dragons name a reference to Russian, like Sinii Krai? Siyat' is a Russian verb, meaning "to shine/glow".

Yep!  My wife is Russian and I speak fluent Russian. 

2 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

This mechanic doesn't sound fun, eggslots are scarce enough and now we have sprites that take even longer to hatch, yay. And their social status is based on what color they are, even dragons have racists!

Other than that the design is nice, brown is underused and often used poorly so it's nice to see a sprite that knows how to make the color work. Their writing is a bit uncomfortable and their mechanics will probably be incredibly annoying but they still look great. Plus them being vaguely color-ist isn't automatically a downside to the writing, it gives the breed some dimension and moral grayness which most social breeds don't really get because people seem to think social species = 100% nice species which isn't always true in real life, lions, humans, lobbyists, the list goes on.

Why do you have to bring the racist card in? That makes no sense. It's just a hierarchy based on the dragons beliefs of incubation, not strictly color since color changes due to incubation.

We have several that are based on status due to gender, are they sexist? No.

I am getting strong Night Fury vibes from the glowys, especially the blue one, as it strongly reminds me of Toothless vs. the Alpha in the second movie. I likes!

Also, judging by its description, is the color determined based on a day cycle or by how long it has left to hatch.

4-3 days = green

3-2 days = blue

2-1 days = purple?

Just curious. It would also explain why TJ changed his from purple to green as his have a personal day setting to hatch.

I thought we weren't allowed to just simply translate stuff into other languages for dragon names?... I want my Pamplemousse Pygmy now, dangit! 

The male murder pygmy is honestly my favorite from the whole release, tied closely with the blue Siyat. While I don't think I'll find a use for the green, and don't think I'll have many Purple, the blue is such a nice, rich shade and they're so well designed. I can't wait until my blues grow up/hatch so I can start using them!

Their colour is based on incibation time? That's so cool!!

15 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Why do you have to bring the racist card in? That makes no sense. It's just a hierarchy based on the dragons beliefs of incubation, not strictly color since color changes due to incubation.

We have several that are based on status due to gender, are they sexist? No.

It was just a joke, I wasn't being serious about RACEism or saying they needed to rewrite the breed, I even said that makng social dragons not perfect little angels is a good idea. They still do put dragons born a different color in a lower position though which isn't exactly an okay thing to do.

And while I've never commented on breeds with a gender based class system, I've never actually had the chance from what I can remember, (Other than Hooktalons which I didn't really care about because  breed is kinda boring and didn't find them to be worth the time it would take to write about them)

I might make a joke about sexism next time one comes around but it's just not as out there as "dragon racism" sounds so that's not very likely.

Edited by blockEdragon

Ahhh! Love the Mimic Pygmies! Problem is, why do they sort in between dragons starting with P and not with M?

Also them tricolor dragons are beautiful! But the name doesn't quite fit in my opinion. Siyat... what does it mean.

Anybody noticed, that the spooted egg itself gives the answer to the sequence the colors can be obtained? :D

Just now, SyntheticSiivally said:

Ahhh! Love the Mimic Pygmies! Problem is, why do they sort in between dragons starting with P and not with M?

Also them tricolor dragons are beautiful! But the name doesn't quite fit in my opinion. Siyat... what does it mean.

I would guess you use Legacy sort, where they sort unter "Pygmy, Mimic" instead of "Mimic Pygmy". .)

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

Ugh. I love the purple adults, but I'm not going to be touching this breed for lineages given how long they'll take to work. I'll just breed some 2nd gen metallics and toss them up on the trading post, the time loss is not worth it to me.

The mimic pygmies are fine, though not to my taste. I will say that the male's far leg is positioned oddly, though.