TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

"It is thought that the social status of a dragon is determined by its incubation period—in addition to having different coloration, dragons allowed more time to develop are considered wiser and of higher status."

Oh look! In-universe lore for the new breeding mechanics!

Poor greens are not creative enough, I guess. 😅

Edited by scalesofgrey

@Lantean_Pegasus and @cbussiere thanks for the feedback! I changed the "theory" part in the post with the image. :) I'll withhold on making a thread about it for now, because I don't know if the creator of the dragon wants to confirm anything. If not, we can always make a thread, I guess.

@cbussiere

@Lantean_Pegasus

All three are quite pretty!  Very nice new dragons this time around!  For anyone just reading the last page--Mimics are now under the m's rather than the p's in breed sort.

@cbussiere It's definitely a monitor thing. For me, on two different computers/monitors, all three colours are clearly distinguishable.

The Siyats are really beautiful !! And their description is fun. It makes me like them quite a bit, but they also sound like quite a handful, being as lively and attention seeking as they are. 😉

Their colours are gorgeous, and once we have found out/confirmed how to get which one, I look forward to collecting and breeding them all !

And while it's really hard to pick a favourite, I think I'll choose the blue one. Love that shade of blue !

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Hehehe! Just picked up a pair of ER murder chickens in the AP!

I'm liking these.  I think the pygmies are the best to date.

Many thanks to both spriters and everyone involved in working out the mechanics for us!

I'm glad the hardest to get colour is the one I like the least tbh. I find the blue and green to pop much better than the purple

I wonder why no hatchies were frozen this time tho o.o isn't that what usually happens? One adult, one hatchie when no dimorphism?

Either way, thank you spriters! They all look gorgeous! Great concepts, too

Just now, Crowned_Ladybug said:

I'm glad the hardest to get colour is the one I like the least tbh. I find the blue and green to pop much better than the purple

I wonder why no hatchies were frozen this time tho o.o isn't that what usually happens? One adult, one hatchie when no dimorphism?

Either way, thank you spriters! They all look gorgeous! Great concepts, too

sometimes it takes TJ a bit of time to freeze them

So weird. I'm usually a sucker for purple but blues are the only ones I like.

The murder chickens are alright... I might use the blues with some blue lunar heralds, since their shades are so similar.

Not a fan of the greens at all with the wing highlights being green like that.

Awww, wookit the whittle murder chicken! Hehe, that settles it, these tiny terrors have definitely watched too many horror movies. XD

Speaking of murder vampire chickens, remember when vampires first came out and there was a panic on the forums that they were killing eggs on people’s scrolls? :’)

Oh my--the male is a real little dracula!  I know murder chickens is here to stay (and a good name)--but as mimics, they're murder PARROTS!  😛  Chickens sounds better, though!

I actually like the greens best! Maybe it's because they remind me of mint chocolate. Kinda wanna make a dessert-themed lineage around them now.

Does anyone know how the Mimic Pygmy looks with the other Pgymies in a scroll? They looked about the same size as Pumpkins here.

5 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Awww, wookit the whittle murder chicken! Hehe, that settles it, these tiny terrors have definitely watched too many horror movies. XD

Speaking of murder vampire chickens, remember when vampires first came out and there was a panic on the forums that they were killing eggs on people’s scrolls? :’)

Oh god I remember that ^^' (I feel so old). Truly fully-fledged "i will protect my dragons with my dying breath" panic.

Also, no, they're a lot larger than pumpkins to me. Pumpkins just happen to have a.... rather large pumpkin around them.

Edited by Aalbiel

Oh, I like the male MP a lot! He looks so impish. More interesting pose and the face looks more defined than the female's. What a cute thing. :)

And I must admit, I never saw the chicken resemblance... There are no feathers. :huh: The S1s kind of looked like newborn birds but all resemblance was lost from there.

Also, I like the implication Siyats make that we're all making our dragons stupid by incubating them. Maybe that is how we keep them under our control. >_>

Omggg, the new dergs are so pretty! I love how colorful the Siyats' accents are; I think the green might be my favorite, they have a pretty mint-chocolate look. And our new chupacabras are so evil and cute ❤️ 

Thanks to the spriters! :D 

33 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I thought someone said the purples sorted in the P's? How can they be mimic pygmys?

Under the old sort order all the pygmys are sorted in the Ps. 

22 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@Cinspawn

That graphic is excellent !! (And it is also correct, as far as I understand the theory. 😉 )

Maybe you should put it in a separate thread in "Site Discussion" (like "Siyat Colour Mechanics Theory" or some such), so it doesn't get buried under all the joy for the adults.

And with credit to @angelicdragonpuppy, I think ? Did I see it right, and you made up this theory ?

Lovely graphic, and yes, ADP worked it out.

6 minutes ago, Vict said:

sometimes it takes TJ a bit of time to freeze them

I see! Thanks. This is the first time I was present for the moment his dragons grew so I had no idea sometimes they'd mature anyway :D

This is the first new release since I put together my personal colour spreadsheet to make choosing mates for lineages easier, and it's awfully satisfying getting to add these guys to it now! Now to lineage planning...if only Dusks weren't hybrids, it takes so many generations to make hybrids look nice in checkers...

3 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

I actually like the greens best! Maybe it's because they remind me of mint chocolate. Kinda wanna make a dessert-themed lineage around them now.

This is amazing please do this 😍

The different litebrite variants all look so similar to each other that it won't bother me to just incubate and use greens for everything other than basic scroll completion, thus avoiding all the "neglected-lite" incubation countdown stuff I'm not interested in entirely. I'll probably make one checker with truffles and purple ones, though, because I think those look really neat together.

The green litebrites are going to look really good with a bunch of Christmas dragons, and the murder chickens with pumpkins.

Done some more studying on them.  The Greens are definitely my favourites but they all remind me of pretty sea horses with their curly tails.  Those pygmies are brilliant!  I think this has been the best release for me for some time.

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

I LOVE them. ALL of them.

Me too.  I just posted to say so! :D

3 minutes ago, quinney said:

Done some more studying on them.  The Greens are definitely my favourites but they all remind me of pretty sea horses with their curly tails.  Those pygmies are brilliant!  I think this has been the best release for me for some time.

Corteo made the very seahorse esque ArsanisArmani’s too, might be a theme XD