TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

13 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

Can anyone spell out for me how the mechanic works (or how we think it works)? With and without incubation? I.e. what time do I need it to hatch for it to be green, purple, or blue, with or without incubation?

If I understood the theory right, it is as follows:

- when the egg hatches before the "natural" 4 day mark, you get green (you can only achieve that by using "Incubate", because the incubated 4 day mark is the natural 5 day mark)

- when the egg hatches between the "natural" 4 day mark, and the "natural" 3 day mark, you get blue (if you used Incubate, it has to hatch between 3 and 2 days left; if you let it hatch earlier you'll get green)

- when the egg hatches after the "natural" 3 day mark, you get purple (if you used Incubate that would be after the 2 days left mark)

Or, in other words:

Counting from the moment you catch the egg:

- until it is 3 days old, it hatches green (an egg can only hatch before it is 3 days old if you use Incubate on it)

- between 3 days and 4 days old, it hatches blue

- older than 4 days it hatches purple

Keep in mind that the theory is only proven up to the point where it changes from green to blue. We don't have any dragons old enough to hatch purple, yet. (Because they are all only 3 days and some hours old, from Sunday till today.)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

That's fascinating. And it demands patience. I usually incuhatch everything within two days. Will be hard for me to change that in order to get blue and purple ones :D

THEY GREW UP AND THEY SO PRETTY (i say 'they', only one has.)

And it looks like our hypothesis is correct! 'It is thought that the social status of a dragon is determined by its incubation period—in addition to having different coloration, dragons allowed more time to develop are considered wiser and of higher status.'

Edited by Eeveecat1248

OH NO

OH NO IT'S SO PRETTY

(And I love noisy friendly dragons)

Welp now I'm glad I impulse picked up another CB today. It's going to be followed by....many more

ETA: I wonder what came first - the concept of their hierarchy, or the idea of "hmm let's make a mechanic based on This" that then needed some root in lore?

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

"It is thought that the social status of a dragon is determined by its incubation period—in addition to having different coloration, dragons allowed more time to develop are considered wiser and of higher status."

there is the answer!

Edited by muttduck
typo

38 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I just saw a blue hatchie over at Valley Sherwood. It seems they're color coded to the day. Those that hatched on the 31st are green, those on the 1st are blue & I bet tomorrow any that hatch then will be purple. So while easy in theory to get all as CBs, it is kind of a pain to sit there & figure out when to grab/breed eggs in order to get the color you want.

No, this has been disproven, lots hatched green on the 1st as well.

The only theory that’s held up so far is that it’s based on the egg’s true time left (=time if you ignore incubate), with over 4d being Green, over 3d being Blue, and hopefully over 2d being Purple.

First adult!

Aaaand... " It is thought that the social status of a dragon is determined by its incubation period—in addition to having different coloration, dragons allowed more time to develop are considered wiser and of higher status."

The adult is pretty!

I want to see the other colors, and the pigmie ones too.

Did anyone tried 'Earthquake' BSA before eggs before they hit 5days mark? I think they don't made this with risk of death though.

Adult(s) are beautiful! Glad to have the mystery solved on these guys too.

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

No, this has been disproven, lots hatched green on the 1st as well.

The only theory that’s held up so far is that it’s based on the egg’s true time left (=time if you ignore incubate), with over 4d being Green, over 3d being Blue, and hopefully over 2d being Purple.

Yeah? That's good to know. So if I don't incubate my eggs (in my latest batch) they should hatch blue? Interesting... Getting a purple is going to be hard, as I like to ahtch my guys as soon as possible. XD

Thanks for letting me know this! :D

3 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

Adult(s) are beautiful! Glad to have the mystery solved on these guys too.

Yeah, this.

I may have been frustrated a bit by the fact that my theory was wrong, and due to lack of coffee, but AT LEAST I now KNOW what I need to do.

That is something.... and the adults are lovely and the blues and purples would be WELL worth the wait.

ETA... I am thinking it is head canon for me, now that blues and pruples are less common than greens , hence they are respected and revered?

Edited by JavaTigress

Just now, kiramaru7 said:

Yeah? That's good to know. So if I don't incubate my eggs (in my latest batch) they should hatch blue? Interesting... Getting a purple is going to be hard, as I like to ahtch my guys as soon as possible. XD

Thanks for letting me know this! :D

NP and good luck :)

You should’ve been here around midnight, everyone thought that for five seconds until a billion Greens also hatched out and it was back to it confused chaos, haha.

Thanks! :D You too! :D 

Wow! XD I guess I should be glad I missed it? XD Hopefully it turns out to be something easy as I'd love to have all the colors! I saw one of TJ's grew up and the adult is rather pretty! :D

Edited by kiramaru7
too quick to post & wanted to add more to my post

Wow the Siyat looks pretty good, can't wait for the other ones to grow up.

This would be the first breed where the purple variant is actually the hardest-to-get of them XD

Okay, so I'm trying to make the info as simple and accessible as possible, so I made a little graphic:

EFwIHL8.png

@Lantean_Pegasus

Thoughts on this? Thank you SO much for explaining by the way, Fuzzbucket and Lantean_Pegasus :) please let me know if I put the info in right (according to you).

@Fuzzbucket

Edited by Cinspawn