TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I'm so excited for both dragon breeds :D I do hope the spots one is time-based (or anything but breed-based) cause I'd like to have CB purples and blues, too.

Oh no, I completely missed out on this release! I even checked in here on Sunday, but didn't see the new topic 😧

The new Spot Dragon seems to be a bit of a letdown. 😑

tbh, it would be nice for a bit of transparency on eggs with variants from the get go.

6 minutes ago, Cjcrazy said:

The new Spot Dragon seems to be a bit of a letdown. 😑

It's GORGEOUS thus far. I hope whatever breeding mechanic it has doesn't mean no checkers (like the Spinels.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

My first few eggs hatched - and my spotty one hatched green.  Luckily, green is my favourite colour!  Last night I incubated one spot from each biome, to see what might happen.  For some reason, I had a sneaking suspicion that "one colour per biome" was a lil too easy.  I do have one spotty that I caught much later on release day, shall be interested to see if it's also green.  While I'm intrigued to find out what gives with these guys, I do feel for people who are frustrated by yet another mystery mechanic.

Corteo has confirmed on the discord that there will be a way to get a CB of each spot colour & they are currently not glitched

which makes a time based system most likely

Edited by Dohaerys

5 minutes ago, Dohaerys said:

Corteo has confirmed on the discord that there will be a way to get a CB of each spot colour & they are currently not glitched

which makes a time based system most likely

Yay! Caveborn pretties :D

Wait, guys. Aren't variants really based on the biome? 3 variants, 3 biomes.

Edit: *quality picture coming*

MA9XWU7.jpg.5727f3e7ace9bf2667e0c9c52503cf88.jpg

Like this?

Edited by Asphyxia

23 hours ago, hedy said:

I didn't realize there would (possibly) be biome differences, so I only caught the spotted ones from Alpine and Coast (3 and 3). It doesn't matter, I'll just catch the Forest ones when these guys hatch! I really like the wonky hatchies and the danger chickens, both breeds seem quite unique. Exciting!!

I did the same thing! I've got four from one biome, one from another, and none from the third. I'll have to even them out once this lot hatch. :P

4 minutes ago, Asphyxia said:

At the moment, no, it doesn't look that way.

2 minutes ago, Asphyxia said:

It seems like they’re hatching green right now from all the biomes, so it seems to be time based, but it’s hard to know on what scale- like day/night time vs. seasonal. Think we’ll just have to watch how the next wave hatches.

No, the CBs can't be based on biomes, as all eggs for now have hatched green, regardless of biome.

57 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It's GORGEOUS thus far. I hope whatever breeding mechanic it has doesn't mean no checkers (like the Spinels.)

I kinda meant they were all turning out green, not the dragon as a whole. ^^" One of mine is on the fully cracked sequence, So I hope for the best. :3

4 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

No, the CBs can't be based on biomes, as all eggs for now have hatched green, regardless of biome.

Mine haven't hatched yet so I hadn't noticed that. That's interesting! I wonder what determines the colour, then. I'm curious to find out. :)

I've hade four eggs (two from Coast, two from Forest) hatch green. Not too bummed about it not being biome biased varieties, this way I'll get two green adults, and freeze one s1 and one s2 hatchling. Had time to fog my two eggs from Alpine, waiting to see if eggs will hatch blue/purple after 8 AM or tomorrow…

Thanks for the new eggs, spriters and TJ! I really love the hatchlings. :D Especially the pygmies, I've got a Vile Chicken and a Mean Chicken. <3

4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Mine haven't hatched yet so I hadn't noticed that. That's interesting! I wonder what determines the colour, then. I'm curious to find out. :)

Current theories are: time-based (it could be a rotation every 8 hours, we should find out soon if this is possible or not), or breeding-based. If Corteo has said there will be blue and purple CBs this seems to disprove the breeding possibility though. (Sadly, for me ^^)

Edited by Aalbiel

Maybe it's just random then? (Or time based, as mentioned before...)

Just now, Asphyxia said:

Maybe it's just random then? (Or time based, as mentioned before...)

If it were random we would see a bit of all colours! Having seen only green ones until now makes the random hypothesis extremely unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

If it were random we would see a bit of all colours! Having seen only green ones until now makes the random hypothesis extremely unlikely.

Then, only time-based and breeding based seems possible, as you mentioned. 

Holy, I'm getting hyped.

What if the other variants are alts, though? I mean, rare 2G alts, such as Black Dragons or Undines. Hehe.

Edited by Asphyxia

"Here's some more eggs to make up for lost time."

Squints... what if it's affected by what age the egg is when it hatches... eg green is incubated, blue is normal hatch and purple is an egg that hatches late. 

I'm absolutely just throwing stuff at the wall right now. 

Edit: glanced in the discord to see the same idea bounced around, does that make it more right or more wrong lol

Edited by Mangrit

Got the names "Kentucky Die Chicken" and "Poultry of Death" for my murder chickens last night, as well as "The Plot Chickens" for an offspring (I'll decide based on adult sprites whether I'll breed them PB or checker)

TJ's hatchies still have so long until they grow up and I'm impatient

8 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

"Here's some more eggs to make up for lost time."

Squints... what if it's affected by what age the egg is when it hatches... eg green is incubated, blue is normal hatch and purple is an egg that hatches late. 

I'm absolutely just throwing stuff at the wall right now. 

Hey, I can wait quite longer and test that! I will hatch my first egg when it will be 5 days old, and second when it will be 6,5 days old. (And one normally, I haven't incubated any of them.)

Edited by Asphyxia

Another theory would be they're based on what date you catch them. So they might rotate per day, making each color available for about ~10 days per month.