TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

As much as I'd love a CB Prize, I don't really like the idea of having them buyable. It's a lottery, and that's that. Going off of @Vampyre , Prizes are dropping in value and I'd go as far to say that 3G prizes are pretty much not worth a lot unless it is for swaps, people want 2Gs. Bronze prizes don't get the same treatment either, compared to a Gold Prize. 

I also find the idea of people winning shards and such a bit lopsided...shards are very, very easy to get anyways. It puts everyone on an equal ground. As the Market stands, I like what is implemented even though some of the prices are weird (A chicken costs more than a Gold?).

Edited by Chronomaly

19 minutes ago, Chronomaly said:

As much as I'd love a CB Prize, I don't really like the idea of having them buyable. It's a lottery, and that's that. Going off of @Vampyre , Prizes are dropping in value and I'd go as far to say that 3G prizes are pretty much not worth a lot unless it is for swaps, people want 2Gs. Bronze prizes don't get the same treatment either, compared to a Gold Prize. 

I also find the idea of people winning shards and such a bit lopsided...shards are very, very easy to get anyways. It puts everyone on an equal ground. As the Market stands, I like what is implemented even though some of the prices are weird (A chicken costs more than a Gold?).

I think the prices are generated on the side of "a bit high" in relation to how common a breed is. Golds, being breedable, are more "common" (if you count all golds on site not just CB,) than Chickens, being unbreedable.

Also just to clarify my prize is a Bronze Shimmer. A Gold Shimmer 2G may net a far higher price than my boy's shiny babus but even that will be a pittance compared to what it once got offered in trades. 

The worst bit of prize ownership is they never breed when you want them to. The other month I wanted to gift someone a dang 2G shim for their birthday and my boy wouldnt even drop a 2G prizekin ;_; So yeah the whole hype? Not what its cracked up to be. 

Now I can understand the people who want CB prizes mainly/only for completion's sake...but I highly doubt there are that many of you out there xD

7 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I think the prices are generated on the side of "a bit high" in relation to how common a breed is. Golds, being breedable, are more "common" (if you count all golds on site not just CB,) than Chickens, being unbreedable.

Also just to clarify my prize is a Bronze Shimmer. A Gold Shimmer 2G may net a far higher price than my boy's shiny babus but even that will be a pittance compared to what it once got offered in trades. 

The worst bit of prize ownership is they never breed when you want them to. The other month I wanted to gift someone a dang 2G shim for their birthday and my boy wouldnt even drop a 2G prizekin ;_; So yeah the whole hype? Not what its cracked up to be. 

Now I can understand the people who want CB prizes mainly/only for completion's sake...but I highly doubt there are that many of you out there xD

I own a few CB golds and they really hate breeding even with fertility, I understand your pain! The chicken thing makes sense now as they are unbreedables and therefore much less.

But yeah, I personally think Prizes should stay as they are and out of the Market. Then again, a lot of the thread is a bunch of "ifs" and the market is still in its infancy so it's good to see how it will develop and how it should develop.

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

Even something as simple as requiring activity every day could go to far. I'm not strictly opposed to it, but I'd have to see what more people think before I go that route.

I tend to play in bursts, during vacations. I've actually missed just about every holiday dragon here, because I've usually been too busy with either work or family to even consider going online to catch eggs (or even remember that games such as this are running special events).

Younger players are probably fine with keeping up with daily logins and such, but personally, I find the thought of such more stressful than fun.

Edited by Genjar

19 minutes ago, Genjar said:

I tend to play in bursts, during vacations. I've actually missed just about every holiday dragon here, because I've usually been too busy with either work or family to even consider going online to catch eggs (or even remember that games such as this are running special events).

Younger players are probably fine with keeping up with daily logins and such, but personally, I find the thought of such more stressful than fun.

I normally have time to pop in daily, but quite a few days I have to pick which (sites) I want to visit and so many of my other sites require daily log ins if I dont want to lose bonuses and stuff that I agree it would be a shame to add daily log in bonuses here to stress folk out who have busy schedules >.< Some weeks I dont even grab eggs/breed because im busy on other sites!

I dunno if anybody else had the idea already. But, how about, we are able to earn Shards, depending on the Trophy Level?

Starting with 400 Shards for the Bronze, going up by 100 until Platinum, 700 Shards a Week Maximum.

So we would also be able to buy more Commons with our Shards. And being Trophy bound, surely, some Players are superior, but... oh well, just an idea.

I would definitely buy a bunch of Commons with 700 Shards per Week.

4 minutes ago, Aurora-Silver said:

I dunno if anybody else had the idea already. But, how about, we are able to earn Shards, depending on the Trophy Level?

Starting with 400 Shards for the Bronze, going up by 100 until Platinum, 700 Shards a Week Maximum.

Ooorrr it could be the other way: no trophy = 500, bronze = 400, ... platinum = 100 maximum? To make up for the advantages the higher trophy levels already have.

... I'm not really suggesting that. ;)  I have the platinum trophy and I would love to be able to collect more shards per week so I could buy expensive dragons sooner. But I don't think buying dragons should be easier for those who already have lots of them.

3 hours ago, TJ09 said:

It was never a "this isn't happening" or even "I don't know the right way to make this happen," so there's nothing to really "figure out." It was always a "this is a known issue not in the initial version." My apologies if I wasn't clear enough on that (which, judging from the responses, I obviously wasn't).

The limitation to only eggs available in the cave, however, is currently a "hard" restriction that I don't plan on changing in the near future.

Thanks for the clarification, TJ.

I'd like to suggest an egg of the day/week. Depending on which common egg needs the most help with ratios have that egg be 'on sale' at 50g for a limited time. People always like a bargain ;)

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Others have already answered (owning eggs or just clicking them can both unlock), but I think a good way to think about it is: it should be the same criteria needed to unlock the breed's name on the view page for a given egg.

Could this be made clear on the Market page?

"Unlock breed in encyclopedia to purchase" suggests something different than "unlock this egg in the encyclopedia to purchase." I have all breeds (except the Red Dino and Neglecteds) unlocked in my encyclopedia, but I discovered through the Market that I don't have all the eggs unlocked, so it seems misleading.

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Having a rotating selection of eggs (across all breeds) is an option I considered, and could still change to.

I'm not sure if I get this right. If it means "there is only a handful of breeds available in the market at any given time", then I'd rather not see it implemented.

The point of the market (as far as I understand it) is to offer a possibility to directly buy the dragon you need (if you saved up the necessary amount of shards), usually because you couldn't manage to catch it instead.

But when the things I can buy on the market are dependent on me being there at a specific time of day/week (at best, if the rotation follows a regular schedule), or (at worst) coincidence (like the "3 out of all" of the biomes), then I'm back to possibly not being able to get that dragon when I need it, despite having the shards. That would make the market slightly better than the biomes, because if something is there it is a "guaranteed catch", but it would still be strongly reduced in usefulness compared to its current state.

I'm glad to hear that the implementation of biome alts will happen at some point, and I'm fine with the "only in-cave eggs" restriction.

And just to re-emphasize, since more opinions were asked for on that point: Daily activity rewards, while being all the rage all over the internet gaming world, aren't a thing I'd want to encounter on DC !

I've always been thankful to have a game that doesn't give you the impression to miss out, just because you didn't use the internet for a few days.

I usually tell myself to be a sane grown-up and not think about such things when pursuing "real life" (like going on holidays, meeting friends, long work hours, sickness or whatnot), but sometimes there's that little voice saying "Oh, I wish I didn't have to miss that cool daily whatever." Sure, that's my own fault for getting my priorities straight only to 99%, but I greatly prefer to come back to my DC without feeling punished for having a life outside of it !

And with the shards, there already is an activity bonus now. To max out the cap you'll have to be active regularly (meaning for some time every week), though not frantically (every given day). The internet (users) could use a lot more games that reward regularity without driving it up to "roll call every day" !

I don't see the market at all, someone said it's at the top of the page but...

image.png.bf01123a60662b7845df2de77e2b8980.png

3 minutes ago, Storm skyflyer said:

I don't see the market at all, someone said it's at the top of the page but...

image.png.bf01123a60662b7845df2de77e2b8980.png

Next to your username, there's a counter for your currency. Click that.

3 minutes ago, Fjord said:

Next to your username, there's a counter for your currency. Click that.

oh, thanks I was looking for the word market lol

I can't believe people are complaining about the unbreedables costing more than a breedable gold, unbreedables are far rarer than any cave catchable breedable

paper, cheese, dinos, chicken are all rarer than a gold dragon

Edited by Storm skyflyer

Where can I find the market? Someone said it's at the top of the page but I'm not seeing it. And how do we go about earning  currency to buy things? *is very confuzzled by this* XD

EDIT:Just saw my answer to this, so just ignore my questions. XD I'd delete this, but I don't see anyway to delete it. XD

Edited by kiramaru7
question answered

2 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

Where can I find the market? Someone said it's at the top of the page but I'm not seeing it. And how do we go about earning  currency to buy things? *is very confuzzled by this* XD

https://dragcave.net/market

J5re5O7.png

If you click on the number of shards you have at the top of the page, next to your username, it will take you to the market. :)

There is a thread with discussion about how shards are earned here:

Edited by StormWizard212

1 minute ago, StormWizard212 said:

https://dragcave.net/market

J5re5O7.png

If you click on the number of shards you have at the top of the page, next to your username, it will take you to the market. :)

There is a thread with discussion about how shards are earned here:

Thanks! :D

3 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Can we please fix it for mobile!? 

This is what it looks like for mobile users now

It didn't look like this yesterday and considering half of DC players are mobile, it looks ugly and choppy.  

This is what it looks like when we request desktop mode

It's not really fair to us mobile users to keep having to switch over to desktop mode all the time just to enjoy some of the features

You posred this in the wrong section. 

You should repost this here:

Because I agree.

8 hours ago, TJ09 said:

While this would be nice, a lot of people brought up in the original thread that the system should not reward people who are capable of "grinding" their way to many shards. As an extreme example, if there were no cap, anyone with a lot of dragons would be way ahead of newer players. That's why things are set up such that you still need to do something, but it's a pretty attainable limit for almost everyone.

Even something as simple as requiring activity every day could go to far. I'm not strictly opposed to it, but I'd have to see what more people think before I go that route.

This people agrees with you (y) No grinding - and actually, no activity every day. Sometimes I literally can't - and I am 1000% sure i am not alone.

11 hours ago, Shokomon said:

So, I checked out my encyclopedia, and now it seems you need to at lease observe ONE egg befor you can buy it from the Market.

I KNEW IT!! I told my friend it had to be that! It's the only thing I'm missing in my entries from the seven breeds whose eggs I can't purchase. And of course, they're all the eggs that I want to purchase one day, especially Gold.

Guess I'm lurking in hatcheries and hoping people put the ones I need in there for me to click...

A huge amount of players have a "catch em all CB" mentality. Of course people just want their own CB prizes because of that. Haven't you all seen the drama about alt sweetlings? Because they were requested every damn year even though the price for them was almost nothing, because 1) there were almost none available for starting lineages (like CB prizes) and 2) they were literally unachievable except for a few people (like CB prizes). Same went for hollies too, and those weren't even due to being particularly lucky.

Hell it's why CB golds and neglecteds are so expensive: because people want them for scroll goals, not for "cash cows". 2nd gen golds are hardly worth anything and neglecteds are literally unbreedable. I know people who gather 2nd gen prizes for the same reason: to have a facsimile of their scroll goals but 2nd gen instead of CB (like we used to have to do with old holidays) because cbs are, again, literally unattainable. Even making CBs more common would help with that, if people are so opposed with making them a goal to work for instead of just a lucky windfall.

(And regarding price, I saw trades just yesterday, of 2 CB gold hatchies for a prize, of a CB gold and silver for a prize, and I've seen a person literally lock their 24n slots up with nothing but xenos, zyus, aeons and coppers, offering all of them for a single CB gold or 2nd gen prize. People regularly make and trade neglected dragons for a 2nd-gen prize. This is not just an occasional trade, this is the current trend that 2nd gen prizes are still exorbitantly priced and the occasional low-ball trade is the outlier. Sure, prize golds > silvers > bronzes in theory, but it doesn't work out that way because growing dragons potentially used for trade have a time limit and take up what few eggslots we do have when we catch them. A regular CB gold is the rarest thing most people will have on their scroll at any time, so it's not like they can pay extra for a gold prize instead of a bronze.)

People can't do anything lineage-wise unless they have a CB or can pony up the asking price on command (and having multiple zyus is way harder than having a single slot taken up by a CB gold or neglected when you have your own projects to do). Even 2nd gen prizes are hard to work with because you're locked to that single breed and gender, and anything further is basically useless except for one or two very specific lineage forms.

I have a personal project needing specific common 3rd gen prizefails from stairs, which are literally worthless to everyone else. Yet I can't even find 2nd gen owners with the breeds I need because CB owners are dedicated to breeding their prizes to things that will get prize kids and/or trade easily (which I don't judge for, DC is all about being greedy). Right now prizes are a trophy, yes, but that's all they're good for.

I don't think there's any point in me continuing this argument though, because I doubt there's anything that'll change my mind as a "catch em all" collector, and that's not the right mindset to have a debate with.

I agree with not wanting daily log-ins: DC's format allows, if not encourages, people to lock themselves up and wait 2 to 3 days for the next batch. A daily login changes that up, and is pointless for those who just have time to grab their eggs and go.

Edited by Shadowdrake

11 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

A huge amount of players have a "catch em all CB" mentality. Of course people just want their own CB prizes because of that. Haven't you all seen the drama about alt sweetlings? Because they were requested every damn year even though the price for them was almost nothing, because 1) there were almost none available for starting lineages (like CB prizes) and 2) they were literally unachievable except for a few people (like CB prizes). Same went for hollies too, and those weren't even due to being particularly lucky.

Hell it's why CB golds and neglecteds are so expensive: because people want them for scroll goals, not for "cash cows". 2nd gen golds are hardly worth anything and neglecteds are literally unbreedable. I know people who gather 2nd gen prizes for the same reason: to have a facsimile of their scroll goals but 2nd gen instead of CB (like we used to have to do with old holidays) because cbs are, again, literally unattainable. Even making CBs more common would help with that, if people are so opposed with making them a goal to work for instead of just a lucky windfall.

(And regarding price, I saw trades just yesterday, of 2 CB gold hatchies for a prize, of a CB gold and silver for a prize, and I've seen a person literally lock their 24n slots up with nothing but xenos, zyus, aeons and coppers, offering all of them for a single CB gold or 2nd gen prize. People regularly make and trade neglected dragons for a 2nd-gen prize. This is not just an occasional trade, this is the current trend that 2nd gen prizes are still exorbitantly priced and the occasional low-ball trade is the outlier. Sure, prize golds > silvers > bronzes in theory, but it doesn't work out that way because growing dragons potentially used for trade have a time limit and take up what few eggslots we do have when we catch them. A regular CB gold is the rarest thing most people will have on their scroll at any time, so it's not like they can pay extra for a gold prize instead of a bronze.)

People can't do anything lineage-wise unless they have a CB or can pony up the asking price on command (and having multiple zyus is way harder than having a single slot taken up by a CB gold or neglected when you have your own projects to do). Even 2nd gen prizes are hard to work with because you're locked to that single breed and gender, and anything further is basically useless except for one or two very specific lineage forms.

I have a personal project needing specific common 3rd gen prizefails from stairs, which are literally worthless to everyone else. Yet I can't even find 2nd gen owners with the breeds I need because CB owners are dedicated to breeding their prizes to things that will get prize kids and/or trade easily (which I don't judge for, DC is all about being greedy). Right now prizes are a trophy, yes, but that's all they're good for.

I don't think there's any point in me continuing this argument though, because I doubt there's anything that'll change my mind as a "catch em all" collector, and that's not the right mindset to have a debate with.

I agree with not wanting daily log-ins: DC's format allows, if not encourages, people to lock themselves up and wait 2 to 3 days for the next batch. A daily login changes that up, and is pointless for those who just have time to grab their eggs and go.

If you are wanting a CB Prize merely so you can work your special stairstep prizefail lineages? Heres a little hint. First off, with the raffle you arent guarenteed the prize you want. (I wanted a silver shimmer and got bronze.) Secondly the dang things breed like utter poopoo. When i was breeding weekly I was lucky if my boy popped out an egg a month (this is counting both shiny and fails). 

Also I am also a "catch them all" kind of collector (hell I still play pokemon) and I still think Prizes arent worth the damn hype. Yeah when you finally win one you're "omg yes finally!!!" ...but 2 months later you want to kill the dang thing because its refused its new partner/was infertile AGAIN. 

Also if you make it clear what sort of prize fails you are looking for there will be someone willing to try I'm sure. I know quite a few folk who will breed their prize to anything it wont refuse. 

(Dont ask me though my boy is a one lady kind of man so unless you need bronze shimXbrown copper xD)

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

While this would be nice, a lot of people brought up in the original thread that the system should not reward people who are capable of "grinding" their way to many shards. As an extreme example, if there were no cap, anyone with a lot of dragons would be way ahead of newer players. That's why things are set up such that you still need to do something, but it's a pretty attainable limit for almost everyone.

I'll add to the 'no daily-activity rewards please!'. Anything that rewards people who have the ability to be on the game more often would reward me, since I'm sort of on DC constantly all day, but in general I much prefer a more even playing field. With the current 100-shard cap people can fairly easily get the max even if they can only play for a couple hours a week, and playing every single day because you have no life (me!) isn't some huge advantage. I'd hate to see that change. (I've already mentioned the extreme example that, if there were no caps, I could easily afford a CB Gold in probably less then a month because of how much I play. I don't want things skewed that way though.)

54 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

If you are wanting a CB Prize merely so you can work your special stairstep prizefail lineages? Heres a little hint. First off, with the raffle you arent guarenteed the prize you want. (I wanted a silver shimmer and got bronze.) Secondly the dang things breed like utter poopoo. When i was breeding weekly I was lucky if my boy popped out an egg a month (this is counting both shiny and fails). 

Also I am also a "catch them all" kind of collector (hell I still play pokemon) and I still think Prizes arent worth the damn hype. Yeah when you finally win one you're "omg yes finally!!!" ...but 2 months later you want to kill the dang thing because its refused its new partner/was infertile AGAIN. 

Also if you make it clear what sort of prize fails you are looking for there will be someone willing to try I'm sure. I know quite a few folk who will breed their prize to anything it wont refuse. 

(Dont ask me though my boy is a one lady kind of man so unless you need bronze shimXbrown copper xD)

I mean... I totally get what Vampyre is saying here.

I admit that point one is something I have thought of myself as I enter each month in HOPES of winning.

EVEN IF I were lucky enough to actually win something doesn't mean I would be so lucky as to win the prize I really want.

AS to point two, I get that also... sometimes my bred shimmers and tinsels are nye as bad as that. Mind you I love them and don't think I have gotten tot he point where I would wanttoKILL them, but nevertheless... they DON't LIKE to breed shiny eggs, at times, it seems. And don't get me STARTED on my cb golds and silvers who very RARELY see fit to give me an egg. SO I do understand that bit of it as well. THAT said,I would still like to have one. 

Edited by JavaTigress

12 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

No one seems to understand that some of us don't *want* to win shards. No, it wouldn't be nice to say 'I didn't win a prize but i got shards!' because I don't want to win shards. Why is that so hard to understand? If I enter a Prize raffle it's because I want to win a Prize, not shards. Shards are worthless to those of us who don't care about CBs (not that I don't *love* the concept of a Market!) so 'winning' shards is nothing to be happy about. Some people already have their goals of CB rares, too. The Market isn't this sudden gold-standard that everyone is focused on playing towards, some people simply don't care about shards enough to make 'winning' shards a positive thing for them, especially when they entered the raffle specifically to win a Prize.

Your opinion is very fair, but can you understand why other people might be fine with that as a consolation prize? I think the thing is that we need to try and make everyone as happy as possible. You might not want those shards, but plenty of other people will. If you do win shards, you don't have to use them, or care about them. And I know I know, "winning" something you don't want is really useless. But this isn't the case for everyone. 

Maybe you can opt out of shard prizes, if this ever does happen.

Edited by Ashywolf