TJ09

Market Feedback

TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Message added by TJ09

I can understand why all sorts of people might be OK with all sorts of things. But I am with HeatherMarie; I would not be happy AT ALL to win shards. It's like raffles in real life - there are a load of prizes laid out (I never win, mind) but as it goes on and winners pick their prizes it finally gets down to the stage where you look at what's left and think to yourself GOD no, I shan't admit to having a ticket; I SO don't want that (something or other).

8 hours ago, Wiz said:

I'd like to suggest an egg of the day/week. Depending on which common egg needs the most help with ratios have that egg be 'on sale' at 50g for a limited time. People always like a bargain ;)

I personally love this idea! :D

I also love the idea of the market, I see a few things that could use some tweaking for sure but as its brand new I will give TJ some time to work things out. I have been playing for 8 or 9 years now ( I don't even know anymore..) and have yet to catch a CB Gold and even trading for one lately has been a nightmare so I like the option that you can save up for one. Because 1 of each or a pair of each is really all some users like me want, to be able to complete our collection's and breed from there. SO its a thumbs up from me!

As for the winning shard's thing I don't know how I feel about that yet.. (If it happens at all)) on one hand a consolation prize is better than nothing especially for someone like me who will be trying to save up to buy something rare in the market. However for those users like my mom and a couple of friends who have been waiting years (literally) for a chance to win a prize. An email from the raffle saying hey you won some shards would be kind of a slap in the face since they have been collecting for years and have no use or need to buy anything from the market. So it would be a useless prize to some, unless you can trade your shards or something. But I see that bringing on a whole other pile of issues.. On a third hand trading your shards might be cool..

Just my thoughts.

Edited by acm1923
I thought of something else to add

1 hour ago, Ashywolf said:

Your opinion is very fair, but can you understand why other people might be fine with that as a consolation prize? I think the thing is that we need to try and make everyone as happy as possible. You might not want those shards, but plenty of other people will. If you do win shards, you don't have to use them, or care about them. And I know I know, "winning" something you don't want is really useless. But this isn't the case for everyone.

Maybe you can opt out of shard prizes, if this ever does happen.

If I got a raffle email and it was for shards I'd be devastated, because emotionally it feels like a sadistic prank even though it isn't. I'm fine with shards as a separate raffle, but not bundled into the current raffle.

And honestly, I also don't care if people think prizes should be raffled off only, the fact of the matter is that there are SIX exclusive sprites that are being given away at incredibly slow rates compared to the userbase. If they absolutely won't be in the store, then the raffle needs more winners per month.

Edited by Guillotine

7 minutes ago, Quackery- said:

What if shards and dragon raffles were separate? Enter both, one, or none?

I really can't see TJ wanting another raffle running. But I also don't think it's a very good idea. We collect shards with regular play. I don't think we need to skew te store with vast numbers of prize shards.

I ALSO think that the store has been running a whole 24 hours, and now is NOT the time to be looking for changes and extras. Fix glitches first, and see how it all pans out. THEN if it needs changes, then is the time to discuss them.

Still a bit salty Xenos and Zyus aren't in the market since those are the only ones I have trouble grabbing (although it was kinda explained why they aren't there)

Maybe an option would be to just have the market give a random Zyu or Xeno to bypass the lack of biome? or just swap out which colour is avaliable daily/weekly etc ;3

To put things in some perspective, if a prize took 2 years to gather shards for (and this is assuming they all cost the same), and if we'd had both shards and prizes since the beginning of DC, yesterday (12 years later) one person could have 6 prizes: that's one of each type. If they "only" took 1 year to gather, the person would have 12 prizes, one of each gender per type. For a lot of people that's not even scroll goals or including other things they might want (golds, silvers, etc) and chances are if we ever have prizes in-store the gold prize will be more expensive than the silver, which is more expensive than the bronze. And as much as I like DC I don't know if it'd stay up another 12 years >>;

4 hours ago, Vampyre said:

If you are wanting a CB Prize merely so you can work your special stairstep prizefail lineages?

Hah, nah, I wanted a fun in-between lineage to work on, all prizes accepted. Didn't think it'd be so hard to find something like a 2nd-gen prize adult from purple ridgewing or sunrise just so I could request their trash eggs. I guess it should have been obvious though, we've got 200+ breeds incave and prize owners/collectors only have like a dozen 2nd-gens at most. (Here's what they look like, if you're curious)

4 hours ago, Vampyre said:

I still think Prizes arent worth the damn hype.

Honestly I feel the same way with them and metallics xD They're okay, but there's nicer-looking commons to work with.

3 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

And don't get me STARTED on my cb golds and silvers who very RARELY see fit to give me an egg

There's a difference between regular metallics and prizes though; you can breed multiple CB metals to khusas or other bad breeders all day every day and you won't feel like you're missing out on anything except your personal lineage progress, without being swamped between requests/trades/ious/gift breedings, unlike that one special dragon that can only breed 4-5 times a month that everyone wants a piece of. And yeah, you can just breed it for yourself, but how many people do that? I know if I had a CB prize as it's worth now I'd probably spend most of its breedings on trade-able pairings.

I'm not sure how to 100% make a suggestion about this but... the prices of the eggs don't make a whole lot of sense. i mean gold and ice are nearly the same price but silver is 1000 less?? also it seems to be the dragons people would most want aren't actually on there. we have gold, silver, and the trios, thats great, but no copper, pyralspite, xenowyrm or zyumorph. also the fact that the prices might change based on demand seems unfair. that means you could be saving forever and never actually get enough shards to buy the dragon your saving up for. overall it sounds like a nice idea and i guess its potentially a good way to deal with the overcrowding issue but in practice it seems very arbitrary.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can understand why all sorts of people might be OK with all sorts of things. But I am with HeatherMarie; I would not be happy AT ALL to win shards. It's like raffles in real life - there are a load of prizes laid out (I never win, mind) but as it goes on and winners pick their prizes it finally gets down to the stage where you look at what's left and think to yourself GOD no, I shan't admit to having a ticket; I SO don't want that (something or other).

Most raffles I've entered you dont get to "pick your prize" person A gets the set 1st prize person B gets the set 2nd prize and so on and so forth.

Also shards are not "ick" prizes when you think they can get you the rarest cave dergs in game? 

I mean shards you can put towards a CB gold are far better of a prize than say, a pack of toilet paper (or whatever the utter crap "prize" is at raffles you've entered.

1 minute ago, FireMercury said:

I'm not sure how to 100% make a suggestion about this but... the prices of the eggs don't make a whole lot of sense. i mean gold and ice are nearly the same price but silver is 1000 less?? also it seems to be the dragons people would most want aren't actually on there. we have gold, silver, and the trios, thats great, but no copper, pyralspite, xenowyrm or zyumorph. also the fact that the prices might change based on demand seems unfair. that means you could be saving forever and never actually get enough shards to buy the dragon your saving up for. overall it sounds like a nice idea and i guess its potentially a good way to deal with the overcrowding issue but in practice it seems very arbitrary.

At this point dragons like Xenos, Zyus, Fire Gems, and other alts are not added yet. TJ mentioned that there could be... "issues" with those, especially with Fire Gems which change every hour.

6 minutes ago, FireMercury said:

If you actually read what TJ has been saying? Right now dragons that are biome variented (Zyus, coppers etc) are not in there. Probably due to them being the same name (6 "outcomes" for "zyumorph") but being different depending on biome. Market has no biome.

Also I think prices being set according to commonality is quite fine. If you cant wait 9 months or so for a CB gold then why bother playing DC? The game of patience? 

I would like to see Shards being earned as Consolation Raffle Prize.

I have been entering the Raffle for many Months and never won anything, surely I am not the only one.

So a Consolation Prize would be fine, if you don't win at the actual Raffle.

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

Also shards are not "ick" prizes when you think they can get you the rarest cave dergs in game? 

But shards *can't* get us CB Prizes, which are the only 'rarest' dragon many people still need (or want). It would be totally different if Prizes could be bought in the Market (for some really really high price of course), then 'winning' shards would actually be useful. But for people who have all the CB Golds/etc they need, winning shards that can't buy the one thing they actually don't have is indeed an 'ick' prize. 

This will be my last post on the shards/prize issue because it's getting annoying, but I really just don't understand why people can't *get* that not everyone sees shards as a good prize? Multiple people in this thread have said they would be disappointed or frustrated to 'win' shards, and yet it seems like some other people just totally don't accept that that's even possible. YES, shards ARE 'ick' prizes for some people, that's a fact. If they are nice, happy-making prizes for *you* that's fine, but why can't people understand that their experience is not everyone else's experience? At this point if shards are added as 'extra' prizes in the raffle I'll just be annoyed but hope I just don't win the 'extra' prize, but is it really so hard to understand that not everyone sees things the same way you do? That's very very frustrating.

Anyways, back to the actual Market... I still think it's awfully strange that chickens cost *so* much *more* then CB Golds. Are they actually that underpopulated? I'd really love to know the actual reasoning behind that, because TJ says the prices 'roughly' respect cave over/under population, but I've seen *waaaaayyyy* more chickens in the biomes then I have Golds!!

Well, Chickens are unbreedable, unlike Golds, so it does make sense that they are less "populated" than a Gold dragon.

18 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The general consensus from the original thread disagrees with you here on "saving up for a few months to get a gold is too much time."

That's fine. I was just expressing my opinion, thank you for answering ^^

Just a thought, maybe not a big deal. I'm really new to this and I don't want to piss anyone off as I do love this game and drama, not so much. I like the idea of the market (and if this idea has already been pitched I sincerely apologize as I have not read every post on this page) its definitely a cool idea for someone like me who dreams of having things from the cave but work so many hours that those dreams are kinda not a thing. But, I know in some mobile games they allow for people to spend real money to buy a set number of "coins" or "gems" in this case to go towards nifty upgrades or cool stuff. Since you have a limit on the amount of shards you can collect I don't know if this would be work or even be considered fair. But maybe allowing those who want to spend their money and purchase said shards so that they could get those dragons faster could be some extra revenue for the site. If you did not want to spend the money that could be the players choice. I for one enjoy the thought of earning them but I could see where that could turn some people away if they were impatient.

Just a thought. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers. I just love my dragons and want to see the site continue on for as long as it can. 

I believe TJ has always made it very VERY clear that real money will never EVER be a part of the game, as it advantages some people over others.

But even people who work far too hard can get up to the cap very easily with minimal play - I bred several things today just for the AP - and I'm getting towards my cap already.

I *really* like the fact that the Market is a very fair, level playing field. People who can play the game for hours every single day aren't going to be getting tons more shards then people who can only play a few hours a week because of the weekly cap and I *love* that. Those of us who are extremely dedicated to this game but are not rich in the Real World are not at any sort of disadvantage here, I also love that. I am very very very glad that real money has *never* been a part of DC and I very much hope it stays that way.

(As for being impatient... That's sort of just how the game works? It takes *tons* of patience to actually catch a CB Gold in the biomes, for example, waaayyy more so then just waiting 9 months to accumulate shards by doing things you are already doing. If someone is too impatient to wait that many months they are welcome to camp out in the biomes and catch the dragon the old-fashion way.)

3 hours ago, Vampyre said:

If you actually read what TJ has been saying? Right now dragons that are biome variented (Zyus, coppers etc) are not in there. Probably due to them being the same name (6 "outcomes" for "zyumorph") but being different depending on biome. Market has no biome.

Also I think prices being set according to commonality is quite fine. If you cant wait 9 months or so for a CB gold then why bother playing DC? The game of patience? 

yes i did actually read what the post says. i could ask the same of you? i did say i wasn't making a suggestion so much as pointing out that the market seems very arbitrary. the post also says the market is not intended to make people grind for shards but that's exactly what your going to have to do if you want to save up the shards for a gold or silver egg. that becomes even worse if the prices are going to go up based on demand. if i have to save up 4100 shards for a gold dragon then fine but in 40 weeks (or more since you know i'm not "grinding") once i've saved up those 4100 shards i want to know i actually have enough to buy the thing i've been saving for.

Edited by FireMercury

I just still don’t see why winning shards would be a BAD thing? A useless meh thing to some, sure, but a BAD thing?

Again it’s basically just a watered down HM, which I don’t remember anyone ever having issues with.

I have all my CB metal goals several times over, but that still doesn’t mean I’d wig out if I won shards as a consolation prize. Sure, I don’t need them, but I’ll also enjoy essentially getting a random extra CB Silver or whatever over getting nothing from the raffle every month. Or even just use them to buy some uncommons I just can’t find in the cave.

So again, I get why some people are meh, but some people seem to be strongly upset by the idea of getting a consolation bonus, and that I don’t get.

(And I’ll just note again that, like most of us, I really want to see prizes available in an earnable way. I just don’t mind the thought of having mini HM consolation prizes in the meantime)

I wouldn't really say a small boost in shards would be that unfair, you can't trade the eggs and 2gs aren't worth anything to go crazy over, it's wouldn't be that far off from catching a nice CB without the work.

2 hours ago, FireMercury said:

yes i did actually read what the post says. i could ask the same of you? i did say i wasn't making a suggestion so much as pointing out that the market seems very arbitrary. the post also says the market is not intended to make people grind for shards but that's exactly what your going to have to do if you want to save up the shards for a gold or silver egg. that becomes even worse if the prices are going to go up based on demand. if i have to save up 4100 shards for a gold dragon then fine but in 40 weeks (or more since you know i'm not "grinding") once i've saved up those 4100 shards i want to know i actually have enough to buy the thing i've been saving for.

But in 40+ weeks (unless there has been a mass kill off of the particular breed you want) it will be MORE common of a breed and therefore cheaper...or at the very least about the same price. Which is why being ratio based is the perfect solution!

I don't like the fact that you have to unlock each breed in the Encyclopedia in order to buy them. It is a big task which I wasn't planning to concern myself with but now I have no choice if I want to buy a certain one. Also, even though I have some unlocked in the Encyclopedia, the market is saying they still need to be unlocked.

3 hours ago, FireMercury said:

But.... There is actually no grinding at all involved, unless you actually don't really play the game at all usually? You get shards by doing the exact same things you'd already be doing, nothing more. I've already earned 85 shards simply by catch eggs and putting them in hatcheries... Same thing I always do. If I can get that much in less then two full days I don't see how it'd be horribly difficult to get the max of 100 per week. Now saving up for months without buying anything, that's a whole different thing. But grinding is not necessary. At all.

And a successful breeding earns you two Shards, as well. I earned a lot by breeding 2nd Gen Hybrids.

I don't want to get any real money involved into the game. But I wouldn't mind a slight increase, a concolation raffle prize, and the breeds not available in the market being added 😟

To save up 40 weeks or more, is hard. That is almost a whole year to get a Rare...