TJ09

Market Feedback

TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Message added by TJ09

I've managed to get to the 100g limit and I haven't done anymore than I usually do. It seems to be something that just ticks along nicely in the background. I like that there is a cap and you have to save so hard for the rares. If it was easy they wouldn't be rare. 

I'm also against Prizes being sold in the market (no I don't have a CB myself). One of the (many) nice things about DC for me is the different ways to get certain dragons. No same old same old grinding. I really appreciate the thought that has gone in to keeping this game interesting and to stop it getting stale.

Edited by Wiz

Just to add to the whole winning shards in the raffle thing.

if Prize dragons were avaliable in the market(maybe for like 10-15k shards so they are still rarer then other things) I wouldn't mind winning some shards now and then since it would eventually help me get the thing I want, as it stands I'd rather get nothing since Prize dragons (and even the other things I want which are Xeno's and Zyu's) are not in the market so I'd not have much to spend them on xD

What exactly has to be unlocked for something to be in the market (or trade hub?)  because I can see everything in the market and nothing is locked.  The trade hub is missing blue, yellow and green dinos for me.  Yellow and blue are two of the breeds for which I don't have the egg sprite unlocked, but green is fully unlocked.  It doesn't seem to be very conistant.  Which is likely why so many are confused. 

I think it's too early to comment on whether prices/shard caps need adjusting.  Time will tell.  :)

On the debate for getting shards through the raffle.  I don't think I would like to "win" shards either, BUT what if, instead EVERYONE that entered and did not get a prize got a small amount?  It's not winning, and there would be no need for an email telling you "you won".  The message on the raffle page could simply be changed to "Sorry you didn't win this time, but here's X shards." 

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

What exactly has to be unlocked for something to be in the market (or trade hub?)  because I can see everything in the market and nothing is locked.  The trade hub is missing blue, yellow and green dinos for me.  Yellow and blue are two of the breeds for which I don't have the egg sprite unlocked, but green is fully unlocked.  It doesn't seem to be very conistant.  Which is likely why so many are confused. 

It appears to be different for the market and trading. I have unlocked all Dino egg sprites in the encyclopedia and I can see all Dinos in the market. However, in the drop down list in trading, I can't access yellow Dinos. Yellow Dinos are the only ones for which I have only unlocked the egg - the other Dinos I have unlocked at least an egg and one hatchling. So it seems to be that you just need the eggs unlocked for the market, but the egg and a hatchling for trading.

In future, please post any questions about the new features in the help forum and save this thread for suggestions. I like the suggestion that not winning a raffle results in a small compensation prize of shards, by the way. :)

5 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

It appears to be different for the market and trading. I have unlocked all Dino egg sprites in the encyclopedia and I can see all Dinos in the market. However, in the drop down list in trading, I can't access yellow Dinos. Yellow Dinos are the only ones for which I have only unlocked the egg - the other Dinos I have unlocked at least an egg and one hatchling. So it seems to be that you just need the eggs unlocked for the market, but the egg and a hatchling for trading.

In future, please post any questions about the new features in the help forum and save this thread for suggestions. I like the suggestion that not winning a raffle results in a small compensation prize of shards, by the way. :)

That doesn't explain the missing green dinos which are fully unlocked.  Not that I actually care, as I don't want dinos but other people do. 

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

That doesn't explain the missing green dinos which are fully unlocked.  Not that I actually care, as I don't want dinos but other people do. 

Sorry, I misunderstood. That definitely sounds like a glitch. I don't have green Dinos fully unlocked, but I can see them in both the market and trades. Flag it in help so TJ can look into it. :)

I've been reading this thread and I don't know if I have seen this suggestion anywhere. If it has been suggested and I'm just blind, I apologize. :)  Regarding breeds available in different biomes, why not have a market for each biome like the cave? Currently only purple florets and purple two-headed lindwyrms are available in the market (probably because they are the default color shown when looking at the encyclopedia) and Xenos, Zyus, Coppers are completely unavailable in the market. If the cave has different places where eggs can be found, why shouldn't the market be similar?

Don't want to make a fool of myself if this is already mentioned or discussed in that other market topic, I have no idea about it but here it is: would be plausible that the market allows to buy a temporary extra egg-hatchie slot? Just for one egg till it becomes adult and for a sky-high price of course.

The thought just crossed my mind.

1 minute ago, Kegluneq said:

Don't want to make a fool of myself if this is already mentioned or discussed in that other market topic, I have no idea about it but here it is: would be plausible that the market allows to buy a temporary extra egg-hatchie slot? Just for one egg till it becomes adult and for a sky-high price of course.

I'd definitely prefer trading in crystals for temporary slots/ lower time rather then buying eggs. 

On 5/22/2018 at 9:01 AM, TJ09 said:

While this would be nice, a lot of people brought up in the original thread that the system should not reward people who are capable of "grinding" their way to many shards. As an extreme example, if there were no cap, anyone with a lot of dragons would be way ahead of newer players. That's why things are set up such that you still need to do something, but it's a pretty attainable limit for almost everyone.

Even something as simple as requiring activity every day could go to far. I'm not strictly opposed to it, but I'd have to see what more people think before I go that route.

I didn't go through all other replies so it might have been raised but I still would like to have my say. I would totally agree with the original idea of allowing more shard per week through various activities. Influence and Incubate would be nice as they are really useful. Maybe name as well. But I would disagree the intensive activity such as log-in for a continues week (monday to sunday circle) as it is too easy to break.

But the general idea behind should be higher the week limit a bit. Taking catching eggs as example, catching one egg from cave gain you 5 shards, as a newbie can have at least 8 catches per week, which counts toward 40 shards. I didn't notice how much did I gain by hatching eggs, but as I have Plantinum Trophy I already reached my weekly limit (therefore I also couldn't know how much I could gain by raising a dragon to adulthood). This weekly limit is certainly too low for me.

I understand that an idea is not to enlarge the gap between newbie and older players, but if the activities could be introduced to market system, a higher limit should also be allowed.

After all, I find "saving up for 9 months to get a gold egg" is way tooooooooooo long. ~4 months sounds find for me.

Edited by Shelybear

Eh, as much as I do want prizes to be added and I would love nothing more than to finally have a bronze tinsel egg after being on here for so long, they wouldn't be prizes anymore if one could just buy them, would they? The trade rate for them is insane right now, but I think it will stable a bit as more and more people have access to them through the raffles.

As for the prices for the rares, I think the gold egg is a little high, but I understand the logic of it. I recently caught one after a couple years (Four!) of hunting on and off for them, so the price does reflect that statistic and ratio. I don't believe it should, though. The cave is so oversaturated with eggs no one wants, that I doubt they'll effect the Market in a way users would want to take advantage of. I think it should be a set price, or reflected by something else, perhaps just an RNG system (Within reasonable limits). If it wanted to work the way it's going to currently claim to, then metals would remain the most expensive and nearly untouchable by casual players, who already have limited access to them.

The shards also require some balancing as well as I reached my cap just by picking up some of the new releases and raising them all the while doing some AP hopping. I'm not saying to increase the weekly limit as that's something I agree with more or less, just have it be more of something we can work towards. As fun as it was testing to see what actions gave shards or not, I think more of a variety would benefit us, for example, using beneficial actions on our eggs, like incubate and ward, even if the payout would be small, it would at least count for something.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

I don't like the idea of buying anything but eggs.

More to the point,. I am certain sure this one won't fly. The extra breeding slot we used to have went when we got more trophy levels, and I THINK TJ said (yes I KNOW, he can change his mind XD) that it would never come back in any form.

1 hour ago, Shelybear said:

I didn't go through all other replies so it might have been raised but I still would like to have my say. I would totally agree with the original idea of allowing more shard per week through various activities. Influence and Incubate would be nice as they are really useful. Maybe name as well. But I would disagree the intensive activity such as log-in for a continues week (monday to sunday circle) as it is too easy to break.

But the general idea behind should be higher the week limit a bit. Taking catching eggs as example, catching one egg from cave gain you 5 shards, as a newbie can have at least 8 catches per week, which counts toward 40 shards. I didn't notice how much did I gain by hatching eggs, but as I have Platinum Trophy I already reached my weekly limit (therefore I also couldn't know how much I could gain by raising a dragon to adulthood). This weekly limit is certainly too low for me.

I understand that an idea is not to enlarge the gap between newbie and older players, but if the activities could be introduced to market system, a higher limit should also be allowed.

After all, I find "saving up for 9 months to get a gold egg" is way tooooooooooo long. ~4 months sounds find for me.

I don't see why the weekly cap should go up at all. The point is to set it at a level where even people who CANNOT be on 24/7 can reach it. Keep the playing field level. Yes, I've hit it already too. But 9 months for a gold - many players have been searching unsuccessfully for YEARS. This is a huge improvement - the certainty of getting one within the year just by playing.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't see why the weekly cap should go up at all. The point is to set it at a level where even people who CANNOT be on 24/7 can reach it. Keep the playing field level. Yes, I've hit it already too. But 9 months for a gold - many players have been searching unsuccessfully for YEARS. This is a huge improvement - the certainty of getting one within the year just by playing.

Well at the beginning I've said if they introduce gaining shards by various activities such as incubate and influence, a cap of 200 wouldn't even require intensive activity. So we can still do what we would like to do as usual and not being forced to be more active. Searching unsuccessfully for YEARS was actually one of the reasons people quited DC rather than stay - if they couldn't catch one from themselves, they try then to get them through trading. But not being able to get them at all or waiting for too long for one award is the reason why people stop playing. Simply as 'I don't want to play a game which makes me unhappy'. I wouldn't deny that TJ has already made a huge improvement, but I'm suggesting the time could be shorter.

There's then another reason for making the weekly cap higher. As we all know many players here are 'addictied' (no offense) to collecting. Many of them would certainly also like to collect  "location: Market" dragons. In this case when we earn only 100 shard peer week, it costs then a whole life (didn't calculate exactly, though).

No every single play is on forum due to many reasons. I'm also in a local group (where people speak Chinese) and I'm just saying the truth and making suggestion (only in this case, not everything I said) based on not only what I think - the fact is, almost all of us in the group agree that the cap could be reasonably higher.

Edited by Shelybear

There's nothing wrong with these things being expensive  - raising the cap should also, then , mean increased costs. Patience is good for us; the idea that we should get everything we want as fast as possible is not at all a good thing.

I am hopelessly addicted to collecting. But I would like the cap to stay exactly where it is.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the weekly cap - 9 months seems an awful long time, to me. And that's coming from someone who has been on the site for eight years :P But maybe that's just me.

Honestly I'm not against raising the cap a bit, but I do totally think the amount of time needed to buy rares is plenty fair and understandable, so if the cap is raised the prices should be raised to match that. 9 months for the *rarest* breedable dragon in the biomes is really not that bad at all, especially since *many* people go *years* without even seeing a CB Gold in the biomes. I have literally seen one Gold in the biomes in the almost-10 years I've been playing (of course I didn't get it)... Waiting 9 months for a guaranteed CB Gold is nothing. 

While I do understand that people get impatient, and may even leave out of frustration, that's their choice. If they really can't possibly stand waiting for awhile to get the rarest biome dragon in the game, that's fine, that's their choice. And it's not like they *have* to wait 9 months, there are other ways to get a CB Gold after all, through catching or trading. I honestly don't think the 'but people get frustrated and leave!' is a good argument for anything, really... Users who sincerely like the game are going to stick around, and aren't going to bail just because of one specific breed being hard to get. People who bail because it's 'unfair' or 'too hard', it sort of just feels like someone stomping off because they don't get their way. Just my opinion, of course.

(I really wouldn't totally mind the prices being lowered a tad, but I definitely think 9 months is plenty reasonable, and 4 months for the rarest of the rare is waaaaayyy too low.)

It hints in the OP that he did kind of follow the "time based" price structure from traders canyon (as in it takes a week of points to get the "cheapest" eggs and about 6 months to get the more expensive ones), a higher weekly cap, would also raise the cost of things. There is probably wiggle room for the pricing structures, but before changes can be made, I sort of feel like data needs to be collected to see how things play out.  I am hoping that prices will sort of drop on the more expensive items over time but it makes sense that they would be higher than we are comfy with... as the point of the market isnt to make things "easier" than hunting the cave so much as making them "obtainable".

In regards to the caps themselves: as a more casual player, I'm only at 68% of my cap, despite breeding, some ap hunting and cave hunting. People who enjoy ap hunting, and mass breeding will absolutely have the advantage when it comes to how quickly the caps can be hit, but I think its set at a reasonable, fair amount of effort needed to hit the cap on a week to week basis.  

The only improvement I would like to see is that using certain BSAs  help contribute to the cap (if they aren't already. I've been slacking on my own testing here...), specifically the ones that contribute to the health and care of said dragons. Incubate, ward and influence all require/apply direct care for the babies and therefore help contribute to them growing properly. They require a conscious decision on the scroll owners part to ensure the best outcomes for their babies, and therefore should count towards the active care, even if its capped out to only 10 shards or so a week being earned from that specific activity. 

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the weekly cap - 9 months seems an awful long time, to me. And that's coming from someone who has been on the site for eight years :P But maybe that's just me.

I agree. If there has to be a cap, I feel like it should be much higher. I've already hit the cap and I really haven't done anything at all, just had some eggs hatch and hatchlings grow up. I feel like the cap should be a stretch to reach, something manageable in a week of active (but not strenuous/grinding style) play. As it is, you could basically give everyone 100 shards for logging in once a week. That makes it feel less like shards are earned and more like you just have to wait X weeks/months to get your desired egg. Maybe cap it at 500 a week? Since you can easily earn 100 in a day, that would reward people for 5 days of even the most casual playing. It would definitely give me more of an incentive to breed things for the AP.

I'm glad to see the language regarding unlocking eggs has been changed!

22 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I agree. If there has to be a cap, I feel like it should be much higher. I've already hit the cap and I really haven't done anything at all, just had some eggs hatch and hatchlings grow up. I feel like the cap should be a stretch to reach, something manageable in a week of active (but not strenuous/grinding style) play. As it is, you could basically give everyone 100 shards for logging in once a week. That makes it feel less like shards are earned and more like you just have to wait X weeks/months to get your desired egg. Maybe cap it at 500 a week? Since you can easily earn 100 in a day, that would reward people for 5 days of even the most casual playing. It would definitely give me more of an incentive to breed things for the AP.

I'm glad to see the language regarding unlocking eggs has been changed!

This pretty much sums up my thoughts? It's just a little too easy to hit, I could log in once a week and done. There's nothing to really earn, you just... have to wait. It would be nice for shards to actually be more difficult to earn but have no cap, and you just naturally can get 100-200 a week just based on how the game is played (like... only getting shards for dragons growing up? Since they have a set timer they grow up on, it would be naturally limiting if that makes sense?).

From what I understand the cap is supposed to make it so that everyone, no matter their playstyle, can reach the max with relative ease and not fall way behind simply because others have more time or whatever. It makes everything very level and fair, because no one is earning ten times more then another person simply because they can sit there playing for hours every day. It should not be a struggle to reach the cap, especially since the focus is on earning shards by doing things you already normally do. Maybe the cap could be pushed to 150 or even 200, but much past that and it sort of defeats the whole concept imo.

What would be wrong with people who play more earning more than casual players, though? If you play more and put more effort into it, you get more. That seems fair to me. If it was supposed to be completely equal, you could just get 100 a week by logging in.

I wouldn’t see anything wrong with more active people being able to get more shards. People play differently and if someone wants to be active very often why not allow them to get more shards than the people who play less. 

There has to be some sort of balance, though, some sort of cap... IF more active players earned more shards where would the limit be? Because I honestly don't think it's a good idea for people like me, who have the ability to be on way too much, to be able to afford a CB Gold in 2-3 weeks, while other people simply can't be online as much and will take months and months to earn that amount. I think that the whole idea of limits and being patient and having to *wait* and actually save up for awhile is a good thing. 

7 minutes ago, Kaini said:

What would be wrong with people who play more earning more than casual players, though? If you play more and put more effort into it, you get more. That seems fair to me. If it was supposed to be completely equal, you could just get 100 a week by logging in.

Agreed. I'm all for casual players being able to earn easily when they can, but it doesn't make sense that the only reason for such a low weekly cap is casual players. An active player tends to do much more in a week. I mean, I reached the limit within hours of the market being introduced. Why should someone who logs in once a week be able to earn a Gold as fast as someone who logs in daily? Yes, real life comes first, but this game is about putting the work in. I think shards should reflect that, even the limit is only raised to 500 or so.

Side note: I do support a limit on how much we earn, just so things aren't wildly unbalanced.

56 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

I wouldn’t see anything wrong with more active people being able to get more shards. People play differently and if someone wants to be active very often why not allow them to get more shards than the people who play less. 

It's not entirely a matter of choice, though. I could be on 24/7 if I chose; I am retired. But there are a lot of people with JOBS, and school, and exams and small children, who might love to put in more time and literally can't.I don't want to see them in any way disadvantaged.

2 hours ago, Thuban said:

It hints in the OP that he did kind of follow the "time based" price structure from traders canyon (as in it takes a week of points to get the "cheapest" eggs and about 6 months to get the more expensive ones), a higher weekly cap, would also raise the cost of things. There is probably wiggle room for the pricing structures, but before changes can be made, I sort of feel like data needs to be collected to see how things play out.  I am hoping that prices will sort of drop on the more expensive items over time but it makes sense that they would be higher than we are comfy with... as the point of the market isnt to make things "easier" than hunting the cave so much as making them "obtainable".

In regards to the caps themselves: as a more casual player, I'm only at 68% of my cap, despite breeding, some ap hunting and cave hunting. People who enjoy ap hunting, and mass breeding will absolutely have the advantage when it comes to how quickly the caps can be hit, but I think its set at a reasonable, fair amount of effort needed to hit the cap on a week to week basis.  

The only improvement I would like to see is that using certain BSAs  help contribute to the cap (if they aren't already. I've been slacking on my own testing here...), specifically the ones that contribute to the health and care of said dragons. Incubate, ward and influence all require/apply direct care for the babies and therefore help contribute to them growing properly. They require a conscious decision on the scroll owners part to ensure the best outcomes for their babies, and therefore should count towards the active care, even if its capped out to only 10 shards or so a week being earned from that specific activity. 

This, very much. It needs to have time to see how it all works before changing anything as basic as the cap. Which I still think is set reasonably. If it's set too high we will soon see the ratios making the rares rarer, and the prices rise.

Edited by Fuzzbucket