TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

I am a bit disdained that there are no Zyumorph eggs in the Market (mostly biased as it is the last breed I need minus Sino) -- I do understand why this is, though, but I would like to see location-alted breeds in future, even if it is random which one you get.

The prices right now seem to reflect on ratios, correct? That makes it a bit interesting in terms of "price ratios" (e.g. 2-3 uncommons roughly equaling 1 gold). Certainly you can't catch 1 gold for every 2-3 uncommons, or even 30 uncommons, so I wonder if it will cause an imbalance there.

Edited by Ashywolf

3 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

I know golds are hard to get, I also hold the position that golds/silvers are too rare and it's not good game design and it needs to change, it SHOULDN'T take you years to find the pixel, the game should be practical for most people to play to it's fullest without not having a life or cheating. Don't make them common or anything but don't let them stay THIS absurdly rare, I KNOW spawn rates VS demand are a huge factor, I know they're technically more common then chickens but people just want them more, but when the demand gets this out of hand something needs adjustment.

Nothing NEEDS adjustment. You WANT an adjustment. That isn't the same thing. Sorry - but it isn't.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Because that's not why we enter the raffle. It doesn't matter that our chances at a Prize won't change, we don't *want* to win shards in a raffle, we want to win a Prize. And despite what some people have said, it's not 'better then nothing' because some of us simply don't *want* shards or won't use them. It's like entering a raffle for a car and getting a toaster instead... I don't want the toaster, I don't need the toaster, I won't use the toaster, I didn't enter for the toaster. I'm okay (ish) with shards being won through a raffle, but a *different* raffle, not the raffle that people enter specifically to get Prizes.

So I understand the psychological part here, but if you win shards, you weren't going to win the Prize anyway, right? Depending, but let's say there are 200 winners in a normal prize raffle, all 200 getting prizes. If we then have 350 winners, but the extra 150 only get shards, then you aren't missing out on anything if you are drawn in the extra 150 people. The shards are not replacing the prize dragons. Having separate raffles just seems a bit...silly?

I get that you didn't enter the raffle for shards, and maybe you'll never use them -- but it's better than nothing, no? Nothing worse than just getting nothing at all from consecutive raffles.

As a couple of us have said - no, it's not better than nothing. Unless we could use such shards to buy a prize - and we can't.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Er, at the current rate of 100 per week that's actually 5000 weeks to gather, or 96 years. (just had to point this out, sorry)

Ah, you're right. Definitely too tired to for math and logic XD

50 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As a couple of us have said - no, it's not better than nothing. Unless we could use such shards to buy a prize - and we can't.

@Ashywolf: This. People keep saying that, 'oh it's better then nothing!' and we keep saying 'no, actually it's not' but no one seems to be listening to us. I don't want to win shards, full-stop. Why is it better to get something I don't want rather then get nothing? If I go to a store to buy a steak, and am instead given a ham, is that supposed to make me happy because at least it's better then nothing? I can get shards just fine on my own, I don't *want* to win them. If I enter the *Prize* raffle I want to either win a Prize or get nothing. 

Re prices: I think 9 months for a CB Gold is completely reasonable, and in fact *much* more reasonable then the 'price' of CB Golds without the Market! When many CB Gold trades are only asking for 2nd-gen Prizes, which I have no way of ever offering, waiting patiently for 9 measly months seems like a walk in the park! When I've spent nearly 10 years playing this game and have only seen *one* CB Gold in the biomes in all that time, waiting 9 months to *get* one (not just see one but *get* one!) is nothing.

It seems I know have access to by chickens, green dinos, and blue dinos from the market, but not any othe dino. But for all of these, I do not have the egg sprite unlocked.

So, I checked out my encyclopedia, and now it seems you need to at lease observe ONE egg befor you can buy it from the Market.

Doesn't seem to carry over to the Trading Hub though. :(

Err... I don’t get the push against shards as raffle prizes, provided they are a bonus thing rather than a diminished prize pool thing.

Yes, I want to see prizes added to the market, too. But in lieu of that (or even just in the interim), wouldn’t it be nice to say “hey, I didn’t win a prize, but now I can get a CB Gold / Silver / insert something pretty here!” versus “hey, I didn’t win a prize, time to wait with nothing for a whole month again.”

Like again, it’s not my ideal version of the system, but there’s no reason for fiery objections or seperate raffles either. It’s basically a watered down HM.

No one seems to understand that some of us don't *want* to win shards. No, it wouldn't be nice to say 'I didn't win a prize but i got shards!' because I don't want to win shards. Why is that so hard to understand? If I enter a Prize raffle it's because I want to win a Prize, not shards. Shards are worthless to those of us who don't care about CBs (not that I don't *love* the concept of a Market!) so 'winning' shards is nothing to be happy about. Some people already have their goals of CB rares, too. The Market isn't this sudden gold-standard that everyone is focused on playing towards, some people simply don't care about shards enough to make 'winning' shards a positive thing for them, especially when they entered the raffle specifically to win a Prize.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

No one seems to understand that some of us don't *want* to win shards. No, it wouldn't be nice to say 'I didn't win a prize but i got shards!' because I don't want to win shards. Why is that so hard to understand? If I enter a Prize raffle it's because I want to win a Prize, not shards. Shards are worthless to those of us who don't care about CBs (not that I don't *love* the concept of a Market!) so 'winning' shards is nothing to be happy about. Some people already have their goals of CB rares, too. The Market isn't this sudden gold-standard that everyone is focused on playing towards, some people simply don't care about shards enough to make 'winning' shards a positive thing for them, especially when they entered the raffle specifically to win a Prize.

Then it doesn't affect you, if they're truly worthless then it's both a flat 0 and nothing has changed except that others are happy.

Edited by blockEdragon

1 minute ago, blockEdragon said:

Then it doesn't affect you, if they're truly worthless then it's both a flat 0 and nothing has changed except others are happy.

True, but if I win that means there is someone who didn't win, who could've won if I didn't. Why should I win something I don't want and have one less person who *does* want it win? If there is a separate raffle just for shards then that's not an issue, you enter the raffle for the thing you want (or enter for both!) and don't have to deal with getting something you don't want or taking a chance away from someone who does want it.

@blockEdragon Yah this.

It’s like going to a cake contest and winning a cookie consolation prize. Maybe you don’t like cookies. Does that warrant forcing the cookies to be either not given out or their distribution needlessly complicated with a new contest? You don’t have to eat the cookie. It’s just nice for those who like it.

@HeatherMarie I just don’t think it’s worth the trouble of implementing a new raffle solely for that purpose. What if someone only likes tinsels, or only gold prizes? Should things be split into multiple categories just so they feel they aren’t taking away from others? I think at a certain point it gets to be more trouble than it’s worth.

And just think, if we keep up the pressure and prizes ARE added to the market, then those extra unwanted shards will suddenly come in handy :P 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

19 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

True, but if I win that means there is someone who didn't win, who could've won if I didn't. Why should I win something I don't want and have one less person who *does* want it win? If there is a separate raffle just for shards then that's not an issue, you enter the raffle for the thing you want (or enter for both!) and don't have to deal with getting something you don't want or taking a chance away from someone who does want it.

I'm not sure anyone would actually care to much if someone got shards and didn't want them, they'ed just be a consolation prize, plus it's better for 29 people who want shards to get shards with one extra who doesn't give a crud and essentially gets nothing, then for 29 people who actually would have liked the something to get nothing just because some people might not want the consolation prize.

19 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

And just think, if we keep up the pressure and prizes ARE added to the market, then those extra unwanted shards will suddenly come in handy :P 

Lets keep pushing for them! Justice for the unlucky! We are the Ninty-Nine Percent!!!!

lDon't relent, find his house, don't let him sleep, hold the soap sponges hostage, threaten to drop your membership and turn ad block back on - even in spite of the guilt trip! (you have to go hardcore for something like this, no horrendous agony no gain)

Edited by blockEdragon

On 5/20/2018 at 10:52 PM, Aleoleo said:

Prices do seem all over the place. Papers (and chickens) more expensive than Golds?? :huh:

The prices are algorithmically-derived; there was no conscious decision to say "X should cost Y shards" (or even "X should be more expensive than Z"). But this also means that the prices are going to be directionally correct, as the first post states, and err on the side of being too high.

23 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I am confused about the presence of a day glory and lunar herald but not the night glory or fire gems.

Lunar herald should be showing the correct (current) alt.

Glory Drakes are actually going to be bugged and drop based on the current time, despite the name that shows up. I'll have to remove those for now if I can't quickly fix it.

Ignoring the argument about shard raffles for now.

TJ, can you put an actual text link to the market on computer? It's not intuitive to get to by just the number of points you have. A link on the mini map  would be great as well.

19 hours ago, Genjar said:

For regional dragons such as Coppers and Pyralspite, how about just making the color random? So no way to buy a specific color, but at least the players who can't catch any could still get one that way.

Having a rotating selection of eggs (across all breeds) is an option I considered, and could still change to.

Personally I dont want prizes in the market. They are meant to be PRIZES as in something won by chance and/or hard work (in the case of the original prizes) NOT paid for. If they were to be put into the market their name would have to change from "Prize" to "Buyable".

Also a good portion of folks (I wont assume all) want CB prizes BECAUSE 2G prizes are such a cash cow. They conviently seem to not realize more CB Prizes = More 2G Prizes = You wont be able to afford even a CB BSA Hatchie with your now worthless 2Gs. Unless you want to have to offer 2-3 2G prizes for a dang CB Gold/Silver.

I also dont care if the Shards are offered as a "consolation prize" or not but if they are give a small number like 5-10 to every person who entered the raffle but failed to win. This way people wont feel that "oh great I won stupid shards instead of a prize"....its not "winning" anything if ALL the raffle losers get the exact same amount. If you hate shards a consolation prize that ALL raffle losers got would be akin to the nothing that ALL raffle losers get now yeah?

19 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Reward consistend playing. Give extra 20 shards  (that could surprass the week's shards limits) to those who logged-in and made at least 1 action every single day from monday to sunday. The action could be: breed, trade, use a BSA, Freeze, capture an Egg.

While this would be nice, a lot of people brought up in the original thread that the system should not reward people who are capable of "grinding" their way to many shards. As an extreme example, if there were no cap, anyone with a lot of dragons would be way ahead of newer players. That's why things are set up such that you still need to do something, but it's a pretty attainable limit for almost everyone.

Even something as simple as requiring activity every day could go to far. I'm not strictly opposed to it, but I'd have to see what more people think before I go that route.

19 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

I'd like to add that it'd be productive to let us farm shards. Saving up for about 10 months to buy a Gold and nothing but a Gold, which I think is way too much time, wouldn't let us buy other stuff meanwhile. Perhaps putting a limit on how many eggs (rares or common) we could buy in a certain amount of  time would let us not only saving up to buy rare eggs, but let us buy common or uncommon eggs more frequently as well.

The general consensus from the original thread disagrees with you here on "saving up for a few months to get a gold is too much time."

17 hours ago, Fiona said:

I'm definitely in favor of figuring out a way for the location-specific dragons like Coppers and Xenos to be added to the Market.

It was never a "this isn't happening" or even "I don't know the right way to make this happen," so there's nothing to really "figure out." It was always a "this is a known issue not in the initial version." My apologies if I wasn't clear enough on that (which, judging from the responses, I obviously wasn't).

The limitation to only eggs available in the cave, however, is currently a "hard" restriction that I don't plan on changing in the near future.

11 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Stupid question on my part incoming:

Obviously we can't get eggs we don't have encyclopaedia information for. Do we have to have at least one of a species to be able to buy it/get sufficient information for it? Still rusty on how the encyclopaedia works.

Others have already answered (owning eggs or just clicking them can both unlock), but I think a good way to think about it is: it should be the same criteria needed to unlock the breed's name on the view page for a given egg.

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:
10 hours ago, perzephone said:

I'd like to add a suggestion about expanding the prizes for the monthly raffles to include shards. Basically, like add 3 more prize categories - and offer like, 2000 / 1000 / 500 shards. (And if you win an 'honorable mention' shard prize, it doesn't cause you to reach the cap for that week/month).

Please no. First, I'd be freaking *pissed* if I could've won a Prize and instead won shards that I won't even use! The raffle is for Prizes, nothing else. Also, the caps are there for a reason, so rare dragons don't suddenly become super-easy to get (and also, in my opinion, so we *work* towards getting that rare). Win one raffle and you can immediately buy a CB Gold? No, please no.

edit: Golds currently cost a tad over 4,000 shards, so winning one raffle would *half* the amount of time it takes to buy one, if the raffle gave 2000 shards. I really don't like that idea.

If the prize pool is expanded, then you winning shards means you would not have "instead" won a prize, it would mean that you got shards instead of nothing. In much the same way that winning a 3rd place prize doesn't mean you "could've won" 1st place.

16 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

They are meant to be PRIZES as in something won by chance and/or hard work (in the case of the original prizes) NOT paid for.

I suppose raising several batches of dragons every week for the next two years isn't hard work? And you could say the same about catching anything in the cave: they're found by chance and hard work hunting, yet here we are with the market (which is for "smoothing out the randomness of the cave" and what are raffles if they're not random?)

16 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Also a good portion of folks (I wont assume all) want CB prizes BECAUSE 2G prizes are such a cash cow. They conviently seem to not realize more CB Prizes = More 2G Prizes = You wont be able to afford even a CB BSA Hatchie with your now worthless 2Gs. Unless you want to have to offer 2-3 2G prizes for a dang CB Gold/Silver.

They should be cheaper instead of being the money printers that they have been for the last 5 years. I'd rather have lots of prizes bred to different things because they like the lineages, not because it's easy to get an egg out of a gold or a holiday. 2-3 2nd gen prizes for a CB gold is still a better trading ratio than anything else in the cave, way more than "a bsa hatchie" or even a rare like a xeno. Right now, the promise of a 2nd-gen dragon is on par with literally the rarest cave dragons in game, sometimes several of them: does this not sound wrong?

21 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I also dont care if the Shards are offered as a "consolation prize" or not but if they are give a small number like 5-10 to every person who entered the raffle but failed to win.

Sure, why not. Denying free money for others on the basis that I won't use it is pretty selfish, although if they are a thing (either HM or a junk prize for everyone) they shouldn't get an email or any sort of notification that looks even slightly like winning an actual prize. Also if it's a tiny "reward" like that it's extra useless if it happens to count as capped shards.

Just now, Shadowdrake said:

I suppose raising several batches of dragons every week for the next two years isn't hard work? And you could say the same about catching anything in the cave: they're found by chance and hard work hunting, yet here we are with the market (which is for "smoothing out the randomness of the cave" and what are raffles if they're not random?)

They should be cheaper instead of being the money printers that they have been for the last 5 years. I'd rather have lots of prizes bred to different things because they like the lineages, not because it's easy to get an egg out of a gold or a holiday. 2-3 2nd gen prizes for a CB gold is still a better trading ratio than anything else in the cave, way more than "a bsa hatchie" or even a rare like a xeno. Right now, the promise of a 2nd-gen dragon is on par with literally the rarest cave dragons in game, sometimes several of them: does this not sound wrong?

Sure, why not. Denying free money for others on the basis that I won't use it is pretty selfish, although if they are a thing (either HM or a junk prize for everyone) they shouldn't get an email or any sort of notification that looks even slightly like winning an actual prize. Also if it's a tiny "reward" like that it's extra useless if it happens to count as capped shards.

First off TJ has stated very firmly "eggs only in the cave will be in the market" Prizes have never been cave dragons.

Also as a CB Prize owner I can tell you they are NOT the cash cows everyone assumes them to be! I legit asked for "best offer of CB Zyus" or other offers. More than half my offers were only 1 CB zyu or a bunch of bred ones.

The offer I went with? 2-3 CB Zyus and a CB xeno...all of which I could have caught in cave with maybe 3 hours of hunting. 

Last time I bred an egg I asked for the SAME thing...and got around 5 CB zyus and 1-2 other CB uncommons/user driven rares. 

This is compared to the FIRST time I bred him and asked for a CB gold (which I got) but also had multiple offers of 1 or more CB Silvers. Heck even his second shim egg (legit asked for just offers iirc) netted me at least 3 offers containing a CB silver. 

So yeah the 2G value is plummeting fast and the ONLY ones who notice are the people who actually OWN a CB.

Hell to be honest? The hype and waiting ages (I was around when the very first prize dragons hit scrolls) was ...really not worth it. I mean I love my boy, Im happy to have him...but I cant be bothered to breed him as 80% of the time I get no egg and when I do I dont even get offers that are supposedly "worth" the "value". 

If I knew then what I know now? I would have said "yeah nah not hyped to get a prize". 

By the time the next DC birthday rolls around prizes wont be worth the virtual spit we use to polish their eggs. 

If prizes get added to the market call them "Buyables" make em dirt cheap and stop the raffles. Because thats pretty much what you're asking for.