TJ09

Market Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

3 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

That's obvious, if I want something expensive I have to wait to get it; but I thought the market would help people to obtain stuff that's hard for them to get yet I see Albinos available. Or at least that's what I understood when I read the announcement of the market. I didn't know the majority in the original market discussion were against grinding, I disagree but I respect their position; in my case, sometimes I have plenty of time to sit on my computer to try to catch stuff I like to keep for myself, but most of the times I end up catching nice stuff (to me) but not what I'm really after. That's why I would like to be able to grind shards or to have different kinds of shards to buy either common, uncommon or rare eggs.

That's the funny thing about 'commons' like Albinos though... It often works out that people see them all the time when they aren't looking for them, but then when they actually want them they can't be found. I've done that with Royal Blues before. And what's 'hard for them to get' is very different between users.... Some users can grab CB Golds constantly (look at certain people who are constantly trading them!) but may have trouble finding Coppers, for instance. I can easily catch Aeons, Zyus, Trios, etc, but seem to have a hard time finding some of the more common breeds. So the market does, in fact, help people obtain things that are hard for them to get, it's just that what is hard to get is different for each person.

Stupid question on my part incoming:

Obviously we can't get eggs we don't have encyclopaedia information for. Do we have to have at least one of a species to be able to buy it/get sufficient information for it? Still rusty on how the encyclopaedia works.

Just now, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Obviously we can't get eggs we don't have encyclopaedia information for. Do we have to have at least one of a species to be able to buy it/get sufficient information for it? Still rusty on how the encyclopaedia works.

It's not a stupid question.

It's pretty relevant right now.

It seems you need to have either clicked an egg or observed enough to get access to either BUY it from the Market or SEARCH for it in the Trading Hub.

Which mean, if you have seen all the species' hatchlings and adults, unlocked all the words, but NEVER clicked the egg or observed enough eggs, you can't get access to the egg in the Market or in the Trading Hub as it is currently set up.

-- As in you can't buy the egg from the shop or filter for trades containing the egg in the Hub. 

I hope this explains why I (and others apparently) want this changed. 

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

That's the funny thing about 'commons' like Albinos though... It often works out that people see them all the time when they aren't looking for them, but then when they actually want them they can't be found. I've done that with Royal Blues before. And what's 'hard for them to get' is very different between users.... Some users can grab CB Golds constantly (look at certain people who are constantly trading them!) but may have trouble finding Coppers, for instance. I can easily catch Aeons, Zyus, Trios, etc, but seem to have a hard time finding some of the more common breeds. So the market does, in fact, help people obtain things that are hard for them to get, it's just that what is hard to get is different for each person.

It has happened to me too, not with Albinos but for example Seasonals. These days I'm desperately trying to catch a second CB Spring before spring season ends, I just need one more for scroll goals, luckily Spring eggs are cheap but I also need one last CB Winter before the end of this year. But then again, Seasonals are currently cheap.

Btw, about what you were asking before, that if we'd lose shards for tossing eggs, I think it could happen because you wouldn't keep the egg in the end, but people would try to hatch AP eggs and toss the hatchies once they get the "hatching eggs points"...

8 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Yep, just to add to what Shokomon said, you have to have the egg visible in the encyclopedia entry. Apparently that is what qualifies as "unlocked." It doesn't matter if you have the hatchlings or adults visible, and it doesn't matter if the breed is visible on your main encyclopedia page. It's not a stupid question at all, because this hasn't been made clear anywhere!

7 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It's not a stupid question.

It's pretty relevant right now.

It seems you need to have either clicked an egg or observed enough to get access to either BUY it from the Market or SEARCH for it in the Trading Hub.

Which mean, if you have seen all the species' hatchlings and adults, unlocked all the words, but NEVER clicked the egg or observed enough eggs, you can't get access to the egg in the Market or in the Trading Hub as it is currently set up.

-- As in you can't buy the egg from the shop or filter for trades containing the egg in the Hub. 

I hope this explains why I (and others apparently) want this changed. 

Just now, GhostMouse said:

Yep, just to add to what Shokomon said, you have to have the egg visible in the encyclopedia entry. Apparently that is what qualifies as "unlocked." It doesn't matter if you have the hatchlings or adults visible, and it doesn't matter if the breed is visible on your main encyclopedia page. It's not a stupid question at all, because this hasn't been made clear anywhere!

Ah, awesome, thanks! I just thought everyone kinda knew what was going on except me! ^^"

More questioning: so you can get an egg you've never owned? Say I've never ever owned a Gold in any of its stages, if I've observed enough, I can buy it from the shop? I apologise if this is one of those things we don't know yet, I'm just trying to clear my confusion ^^

33 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

That's obvious, if I want something expensive I have to wait to get it; but I thought the market would help people to obtain stuff that's hard for them to get yet I see Albinos available. Or at least that's what I understood when I read the announcement of the market. I didn't know the majority in the original market discussion were against grinding, I disagree but I respect their position; in my case, sometimes I have plenty of time to sit on my computer to try to catch stuff I like to keep for myself, but most of the times I end up catching nice stuff (to me) but not what I'm really after. That's why I would like to be able to grind shards or to have different kinds of shards to buy either common, uncommon or rare eggs.

Well again, it’s a trade off; do you want to wait for a Gold, or snag all those uncommons that you just can’t seem to find in the cave even though they should be around? If people got different points, they would have their cake and eat it, too.

1 minute ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Ah, awesome, thanks! I just thought everyone kinda knew what was going on except me! ^^"

More questioning: so you can get an egg you've never owned? Say I've never ever owned a Gold in any of its stages, if I've observed enough, I can buy it from the shop? I apologise if this is one of those things we don't know yet, I'm just trying to clear my confusion ^^

So, if you've never owned a Gold dragon, but have viewed enough eggs to make the egg image visible in the encyclopedia, you can buy or search for Golds in trades. Only eggs unlock the egg image. You don't have to have owned one, but you do have to unlock just that image. The adult and hatchling images have no effect on Market or Trade Hub access. (Bold for emphasis because it's weirdly specific. :) )

1 minute ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Apparently?

It's the only way I could explain why I can't search for Chickens when I have all the adults and hatchlings unlocked.

It would also explain why I can search for Tarantula Hawks even though I don't have the adults unlocked.

You can observe eggs to unlock them, but good luck actually finding some.

I haven't. That's the whole problem.

3 minutes ago, TrundlingPumpkin said:

And this drop down menu is where?

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Look here if you need help with anything:

- It has ALL THE THE THINGS! Locations! Help! Sprite Update Comparisons! Encyclopedia expansion! And more!

Except about Harry Potter eggs, because SHOOSH, it's a secret!

From the News thread. You may find this helpful.

15 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

You can observe eggs to unlock them, but good luck actually finding some.

I haven't. That's the whole problem.

Hatcheries. I have never, ever had a problem unlocking images of eggs or hatchies. I use Daily Dragon Fix which requires you to click on eggs/hatchies, but you can click on eggs in any hatchery.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Hatcheries. I have never, ever had a problem unlocking images of eggs or hatchies. I use Daily Dragon Fix which requires you to click on eggs/hatchies, but you can click on eggs in any hatchery.

Also “View All” in Hatching Club.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

6 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

Also “View All” in Hatching Club.

I don't use Daily Fix, and I still have to actually see them, and I have other things I need to do than scan hatcheries all day.

View all on the Hatchling Club breaks down halfway down the page for me. Does that happen to you? 

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

I don't use Daily Fix, and I still have to actually see them, and I have other things I need to do than scan hatcheries all day.

View all on the Hatchling Club breaks down halfway down the page for me. Does that happen to you? 

I just let it load for awhile then I go and click them. Sometimes images haven’t loaded in fully but i always try to give some time for it to load completely.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think it would be nice to be able to trade certain things from the store. I understand why Prizes and (non-Halloween) Holidays would be scroll locked if they're ever added, but...why can't we trade CB Golds or CB Albinos that we work for? If that's how we choose to spend our shards, why not? My scroll is complete in terms of attainable CBs, so right now the store is useless for me. I would love to be able to buy things for trades and gifts though.

I think it's to prevent multiscrolling people from easily getting all the good stuff from the market.

Just now, Sazandora said:

I think it's to prevent multiscrolling people from easily getting all the good stuff from the market.

Maybe, but they would still have to work for rares just like anyone else, which I think defeats the point of multiscrolling. There's not much someone can do to earn shards on a fake scroll with limited dragons.

I'd like to add a suggestion about expanding the prizes for the monthly raffles to include shards. Basically, like add 3 more prize categories - and offer like, 2000 / 1000 / 500 shards. (And if you win an 'honorable mention' shard prize, it doesn't cause you to reach the cap for that week/month).

50 minutes ago, perzephone said:

I'd like to add a suggestion about expanding the prizes for the monthly raffles to include shards. Basically, like add 3 more prize categories - and offer like, 2000 / 1000 / 500 shards. (And if you win an 'honorable mention' shard prize, it doesn't cause you to reach the cap for that week/month).

Please no. First, I'd be freaking *pissed* if I could've won a Prize and instead won shards that I won't even use! The raffle is for Prizes, nothing else. Also, the caps are there for a reason, so rare dragons don't suddenly become super-easy to get (and also, in my opinion, so we *work* towards getting that rare). Win one raffle and you can immediately buy a CB Gold? No, please no.

edit: Golds currently cost a tad over 4,000 shards, so winning one raffle would *half* the amount of time it takes to buy one, if the raffle gave 2000 shards. I really don't like that idea.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I agree that unbreedables are way to valuable at the moment. I get that they're easter eggs but once you have them you can't do anything with them. Golds on the other hand are more valuable since you can still breed the one you got in the market for lineages/trade. I also agree that you should be able to see eggs/trades for dragons you haven't unlocked, they're the ones you'd most likely want to obtain

50 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Please no. First, I'd be freaking *pissed* if I could've won a Prize and instead won shards that I won't even use! The raffle is for Prizes, nothing else. Also, the caps are there for a reason, so rare dragons don't suddenly become super-easy to get (and also, in my opinion, so we *work* towards getting that rare). Win one raffle and you can immediately buy a CB Gold? No, please no.

edit: Golds currently cost a tad over 4,000 shards, so winning one raffle would *half* the amount of time it takes to buy one, if the raffle gave 2000 shards. I really don't like that idea.

People can and have won the raffle more than once. It's not 'wasting your luck' like what @Sirithiliel mentioned, either. That's nonsense. A person might win shards one month, and a Prize dragon the next. Or they might get shards twice in a row. Or, nothing at all. If you win shards that month, it doesn't necessarily mean you would have won a Prize dragon. Just like if you win a Bronze Prize it doesn't necessarily mean you would have won a Gold. You won something, which is better than "oh, better luck next month".

Adding raffle prize categories means that the winner pool increases, giving more people a chance to win something. I don't know the actual statistics on it, because I don't know how many people actually enter the raffle each month, and the monthly entry numbers probably fluctuate considerably. (Plus, I'm terrible at math).

(If the primary beef is the amount of shards I listed as potential prizes, I just listed those numbers as an example, because I don't think in terms of 'x' for numerical values).

Edited by perzephone
Formatting woes