TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

That hatchlings are all so adorable! I'm especially curious about the wyrm (?) and the blue "inquisitive" one. 

The Gryffindor dragon's hatchling sprite kind of reminds me of Agumon. I think it's the big ol' head and yellow color scheme.

6 minutes ago, Fiona said:
13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Um - Golds... The effect was DRAMATIC. Just saying. - Which I think is part of the reason we don't do them that way anymore. That change wasn't well received but newer updates that try to keep the same spirit of the sprites while having corrected issues are more readily accepted. We learn from past choices but that doesn't unmake the past choices.

I know. But when someone said that no changes had affected lineages - that isn't QUITE true ! I haev taken on board how careful you guys are being :)

I'm so happy there are four dragons so I can get two of each lol!

The market idea is super cool!  I caught all the new dragons and then bred my: Zyumorphs, Xenowyrms and some Shimmers to get my max of 100 credits.  Figured if I bred these dragons they would be snapped up fast in the AP.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!

The happiest of Birthdays to DC. Can't believe we've been here 10 years. Here's to 10 more years and beyond !!

Oh my gosh I cannot believe we finally have a trade center!!!!

And the Hogwarts eggs are stunning ❤️ ❤️ (I was playing the new Harry Potter game when I saw this release lol)

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!!

Edited by Safira20897

Yay, happy birthday DC!! I love the new eggs and the new fancy features. I'm not a fan of the sprite changes just yet, but I'm 100% sure they'll grow on me and it's clear that these srt updates were needed to keep up with the current standards. Nevertheless, I'll miss our soft, round, anatomically impossible Seasonals!

Also big congrats to our new moderators, great to see such fantastic people get the positions! Hip-hip hurray for @SkyWolf25@StormWizard212, @Kaini and @Sesshomaru! ^_^ 

I think I joined after the Gold sprites were updated,  so I realize my opinion doesnt hold much merit in this, but the gold sprites, especially the female are one of my favorites on this site.

So happy I grabbed my eggs last night during the initial release, annoying as it was to get them all. Now I can focus on hatching my dergs and saving up shards for the Market...once I go to Encyclopedia Helpers and unlock all the entries for stuff I want but can't get because ENTRY IS NOT UNLOCKED.

I will get myself a Gold derg if it kills me!

Yay! First dc anni for me! This is so neat!! Also thank you so much for changing the reds they looked so........ ugggly b4

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I think I joined after the Gold sprites were updated,  so I realize my opinion doesnt hold much merit in this, but the gold sprites, especially the female are one of my favorites on this site.

They are absolutely lovely. But they are VERY different. It was a shock.

latest?cb=20090313221000

Speaking of Golds, I'm so happy to have an egg Market that will allow me to finally get a "CB" Gold. It's going to take a long time to save up enough for it, but that's okay 😁

I still prefer the new Golds and I’ve been on DC since 2009. 

And now to wait for gendered hatchies...

Just got 5 eggs from the Forest, and now I am locked! One less "manic clicker" out there to try for eggs. I think it was Fuzz that called us that? :)

4 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

Babies! The golden one looks kind of like a dinosaur (in my mind). 

It definitely does! That pose is very dinosaur-ish. 

Just woke up to see TJ hatchies omg looooove!! I'm cautiously optimistic that we may have another wyrm with that second type (was it Garlands that we thought were going to be wyrms but then they grew limbs?). So far that large dino-esque one is my favorite!

I would assume by the wyrm’s description (snake-like) that this breed actually is a wyrm. 

Oh, I think I figured out why the new red looks 'off' to me.

The teeth blend in with the scroll background, so it looks like their mouth is hanging wide open as if they're guffawing.

EDIT: Yep, they look much nicer with the Portal background. Maybe I should switch to that permanently.

Edited by Genjar

30 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Speaking of Golds, I'm so happy to have an egg Market that will allow me to finally get a "CB" Gold. It's going to take a long time to save up enough for it, but that's okay 😁

me too. I never could afford the trades for them, so now i can save up and get my own. One less egg species. Now it's just good lineage prizes that i'll never have lol!

Have to do the usual new-release warning now: 

PEOPLE!! PLEASE WATCH YOUR EGGS!!! I'm already seeing multiple sick eggs in hatcheries (and a few dead already!), it's really too early to put your eggs in hatcheries yet! If you notice them getting views but you haven't put them anywhere, hide them immediately!

Love the new releases and cool new site features! Thanks to all the people who worked on them, you guys are awesome!

The new eggs look amazing! I love the wyrm (?) one and the dino-looking one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC! :D

Edited by Chatdweeb