TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Thank you for the new dragons, TJ and spriters!

I also love the changes to the reds and seasonals.  I always liked the seasonals, but I think the new sprites are even better.  The reds had been one of my less-favorite breeds, but now I really love them!  They look so fierce and fantastical, and are far more detailed.

3 minutes ago, saltywench said:

God the game kept glitching my message and now I'm egg locked for 5 hours with 6 of the same kind of egg. ARGH. Also, I can't find the marketplace LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!!!

If you look at the top of your Dragons page, and you see where it says "Logged in as <name>", next to it you'll see a number with "g" after it.  Click that, and it will take you to the marketplace.

I noticed Coppers are currently missing, but glancing through the thread I see that other dragons have been missing but are being added.  So hopefully Coppers will be in there long before I can afford them.  :)

Thank you! This all looks great, and I'm looking forward to using all of these new features. The new sprites look great as well.

No cracks on the new eggs yet? Guess I'll have to check in later to see how they're doing.

The trading hub sounds AWESOME!

Not quite sure about the in-game currency, but I'll just sit back and wait how this plays out, during the past years, there wasn't a single addition to the cave that didn't turn out great.

The updated sprites are gorgeous! Perfect!

Thank you so much!

*runs off searching for new eggs*

1 hour ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Well, the going market prices certainly goes a long way to confirming how rare (or not) something is.

Indeed. Very informative, and there's a few prices that I found surprising.

Such as Ice/Thunder/Magma trio being higher than Silver, and Spinel Wyverns being the lowest 100 tier even though wiki lists those as 'uncommon'. They've always been plentiful in the cave, so it's not too shocking that they're actually extremely common. Shame that we can't see the price of Copper and such.

And Balloon Dragon at 600, which pretty much places them in uncommon instead of common. They've been really hard to find in the cave, so again, not too surprising.

Edited by Genjar

Happy birthday DC!!! Such a LONG time, and you're still around! I'm super excited for this update, and I'm really happy that DC tries to move forward too by adding new things to the site, and updating old things (such as sprites). It must be hard to update something that has emotional ties attached to it, and with people being incredibly rude when they don't like it.

That said, I loved the old Red dragons, they were my very first dragon years ago, but I knew their art was outdated and I LOVE the update! I don't know who sprited them but it's great. I especially love the face. ❤️ Very happy!!!

And the Seasonals, wow!!! I've been reading the thread so I hope it's okay to ping you, @TCA as it is my understanding you sprited these. Previously I was pretty neutral about the old ones, never really bothered with them, I thought they were OK. But now, wow! It'll always takes some time to get used to actual changes instead of just updates (the crown of the winter one, the less-visible tail of the autumn one) but I am soooo happy with the updates, they look absolutely amazing! I will definitely start collecting them now :wub:

Am also super excited about the Trade hub thing and the new Market, though I reallyyyyy hope the prizes will get tweaked (or the weekly cap for shards) cause 9 months for 1 gold does seem a tad long... But we'll see. :) If anything, I'm only gaining on it, cause previously I would have 0 Golds after 9 months. :P Very excited!!

And of course, NEW DRAGONS!!! Time to get unlocked and grab some of those.

Thank you so much everyone who helped with this update!

7 minutes ago, SyntheticSiivally said:

are the eggs gonna re-drop for people who didn't get a chance to grab them?

The new eggs are still dropping! At the top of the hour and every 5 minutes thereafter. 

Blue/bronze in Alpine.

Green/silver in Coast.

Black/yellow in Forest.

Red/gold in Volcano. 

Good hunting!

Managed to get two of each of the new eggs in under an hour, despite having a half-broken mouse. Really pleased about that, and I can't wait to see what they look like hatched and grown.

Also managed to take a peek at the trading hub and the market -- holy wow, I'm looking forward to using those a ton. Especially the marketplace -- I've been on DC for ten years and still have somehow not managed to grab every egg from the cave lol.

Happy Birthday DC!  I do hope that the future drops will have more than 2 eggs per biome, at their strangely irregular times to boot.  Not all of us have super powerful & fast computers...

Of course, the "market" doesn't have any of the breeds I care about. :) Copper, xenowyrm, tan ridgewing, etc.

Happy birthday Dragon Cave!

The new trading section looks great! I'm not sure if i will use the shop but i guess is a good addition for people who have been after CB rares for years to no avail, now they will be able to finally get them.

I like the new sprites, now they are at same level of quality as the rest. I hope the albinos will get a nice update as well, they seem to be a bit left behind.

2 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

Of course, the "market" doesn't have any of the breeds I care about. :) Copper, xenowyrm, tan ridgewing, etc.

It's still a new system. This might change with time. TJ mentioned in the Market Feedback thread (linked below) that it might change in the future. By the time you've saved up enough shards, they might be available after all. ^_^ We'll just have to watch and see. 

1 minute ago, StormWizard212 said:

It's still a new system. This might change with time. TJ mentioned in the Market Feedback thread (linked below) that it might change in the future. By the time you've saved up enough shards, they might be available after all. ^_^ We'll just have to watch and see. 

Yeah, right now it looks like you can't earn more than 100 shards a week no matter what you do (you can't turn in two silvers for a gold or whatever,) so by the time anyone has saved up enough for a copper or xeno, they'll probably have been added.

What's the "g" stand for? I'd have assumed gold, as in most games, but the post explicitly says it's shards not coins.

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

Yeah, right now it looks like you can't earn more than 100 shards a week no matter what you do (you can't turn in two silvers for a gold or whatever,) so by the time anyone has saved up enough for a copper or xeno, they'll probably have been added.

What's the "g" stand for? I'd have assumed gold, as in most games, but the post explicitly says it's shards not coins.

It shouldn't show a g. Do a hard refresh and you'll be able to see the correct symbol. :) It should look like this: HoidZAr.png 

It would be funny if the eggs ended up being a snake dragon, a lion dragon, a raven/eagle dragon, and a badger dragon.

Since all those color combos are totally the hogwarts house colors haha. Even the descriptions really match up with book described house personalities. Can't wait to see the hatchlings and adults.

Edited by LadyNightshade

I’m glad I came back in April and worked up to 1000 dragons (I was something like 20 away or so). Now I’m sitting comfortably with two of each, and everybody’s been influenced.

*Sees new Seasonal and Red sprites* These look awesome!

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!

*Edit: Woo! Mastered to catch 2 of each but the Volcano new egg. Can't wait to see what these new dragons look like...Especially looking forward to seeing the Blue egg.

Edited by ShorahNagi