TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Ooh! Thank you! This is a very nice update and new release. ^-^

And I looked at my scroll wondering what that hatchie was - it reminded me most of an Aeon but I definitely didn't ahve one of those yesterday  :D

Happy Birthday DC (abandons all the selfbred goodness from yesterday to hunt)

BTW - abso-effing-lutely LOVE the Seasonals. Methinks the Reds will take some getting used to on my end (Sprites are good, but those fairytale Sprites were one of the few things on DC older than me ;))

Edited by Herk

BIRTHDAY HYPPPPPPE

Can't wait for the new eggs to hatch. So much hype. Loving the sprite updates as well.

happy birthday DC

here's to another year of wonderful dragons, events and memories 💕

Happy Birthday, DC!

I am sad and upset aobut the change for the Reds. They are too shiny and the pose is very similiar but i don't get this looking-Welsh-feeling from them anymore.

I will to have to rename all my named ones. 😭

13 minutes ago, Herk said:

Methinks the Reds will take some getting used to on my end (Sprites are good, but those fairytale Sprites were one of the few things on DC older than me ;))

This. Sorry, but...

But great load of features.

PLEASE tell me they aren't mixing in yet...

Well, if they are Harry Potter eggs I'll have to start hoarding the earthly scent ones if they're badger inspired... hufflepuff pride :P

I wish I had seasonal dragons - could anyone link me or show me the new sprites? I never liked the old sprites so I never collected them RIP.

I'm so happy about the market - this is the best birthday ever. Finally, I can make lineages with gemshards and glory drakes even though I can never find them in cave.

8 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I wish I had seasonal dragons - could anyone link me or show me the new sprites? I never liked the old sprites so I never collected them RIP.

End of my scroll, and back a page if you need to.

6 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Well, if they are Harry Potter eggs I'll have to start hoarding the earthly scent ones if they're badger inspired... hufflepuff pride :P

I'm so happy about the market - this is the best birthday ever. Finally, I can make lineages with gemshards and glory drakes even though I can never find them in cave.

Autumn male and Autumn female

Spring male and Spring female

Summer male and Summer female

Winter male and Winter female

I absolutely love the updated Seasonal sprites. :) I loved them already, but the extra level of detail and polish is very welcome.

The fact that they're Hogwarts dragons... A joke? Hmm.

9 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

Locations:

"This green and silver egg lurks in the shadows, tempting you to steal it." (Sorts between Kyanite and Little Tree).

"This red and gold egg sits before the others, almost daring you to grab it." Volcano. (Sorts between Little Tree and Lumina).

"This blue and bronze egg piques your curiosity." Alpine. (Sorts between Radiant Angel and Red).

"This heavy egg has an earthy scent, like freshly-tilled soil." Forest. (Sorts between Magma and Misfit).

Firstly the colours all match perfectly to the houses.

Slytherin are known for their cunning, so being able to "tempt" you is a defining character trait. Gryffindor are brave, so "daring" is fitting - as well as being between Leetle and Lumina means they could be named "Leo" or something. Ravenclaw are known for being curious and wanting to find new knowledge, so "curiosity" is self-explanatory - and their names could be "Raven" or something similar. And Hufflepuff are badgers, which live in sets underground, explaining the smell, and the Latin name for badger is Meles meles, so the name could be influenced by that.

I mean, someone else has probably speculated all this, but I didn't read back in the thread. Either way, love the sprite updates and new dragons, but SUPER not-hyped about the market. Really wasn't a fan of the suggestion. Kinda disappointed lmao but oh well.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

Ah thank you guys! They're absolutely WONDERFUL! Props to TCA; the new edits are amazing to the seasonal dragons.

Sprite comparisons between updated and old sprites in the /lineage/ format, for anyone who's interested:

Seasonals

Spoiler

image.png.27935a224442e1c04eef160fe4ae90b4.png old

↓

image.png.ee3c73627db627bd238a6237776637f3.png new

Reds

Spoiler

image.png.9c0a4128c9e9a404047a0dc896ca1636.png -> image.png.f14eb1be3f95c83782a6f1588d79b91b.png

Those who are looking for a comparison between sprites between Seasonals, alone, should have a look at this post

Otherwise, a comparison between Red sprites:

Spoiler

XOjrUwh.gif old   ->  1JDlmjk.pngnew

Edited by lovecats99

Glad to see the game getting finally improved with 2 of the long-requested features.

Pity I have absolutely no use for them in their current forms. But at least some other players finally do.

Edited by VixenDra

Just now, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

The fact that they're Hogwarts dragons... A joke? Hmm.

Firstly the colours all match perfectly to the houses.

Slytherin are known for their cunning, so being able to "tempt" you is a defining character trait. Gryffindor are brave, so "daring" is fitting - as well as being between Leetle and Lumina means they could be named "Leo" or something. Ravenclaw are known for being curious and wanting to find new knowledge, so "curiosity" is self-explanatory - and their names could be "Raven" or something similar. And Hufflepuff are badgers, which live in sets underground, explaining the smell, and the Latin name for badger is Mustelidae, so the name could be influenced by that.

That's kind of cool, actually!

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! B)

*sets out brownies for everyone*

Thank you, TJ! Those eggs were remarkably easy to catch this morning. Thank you, spriters, for new dragons!

Happy Birthday, Dragcave! :)

The new eggs are very pretty, I'm curios what dragons will be revealed.^^

And thanks a lot for the market, I really missed a feature like that since "Eggs Around the World" closed down. :)

It's always sad to see old original sprites go - I still would love to have the old gold 'badges' back but I do quite like these new updates.  I think the best of the lot are the Autumn ones.

Congrats! Your EGG evolved into CHARMANDER.

I kid, I kid, but the Gryffindor hatchie really reminds me of charmander :')

it looks like they still fit the theme, though! Wyvern is as close to raven as we'll get, I feel.

c'mon hufflepuffle hatchies

So many exciting new things. Love the new eggs and can’t wait to see what hatches from them. I was able to snag my fill easily. 

It’s nice to see the trading hub bring everything together in one place. Not sure it’ll work for my usual types of trades though. 

Love that the market was put into place. For someone who has played for a decade and never caught a gold, it’s exciting to be able to get them. The prices seem wonky though. Magmas and papers more expensive than golds? 🤨

Not sure I care for the sprite updates... then again I rarely do, lol. Still miss the silvers. The summers do have beautiful new wings though. 

Ok. I wasn't going to buy into the Harry Potter hype, but these are shaping up to be pretty similar to the house mascot animals. They all look neat so far, but I do kinda wish they were less thematic (even if it turns out to be some sort of huge coincidence.)

Edit: Hufflepuff/forest is really cute in the s1 stage. Can't wait to see s2 dragons.

Edited by Jazeki

The hatchlings are very cute! :D I can't wait to grab a few more of these eggs. Thank you @Infinis, @Shajana, NiramiTheRaven196 and @PieMaster for these new dragons! And thank you to anyone else who might have been involved in these dragons but hasn't been revealed yet. ^_^ 

Hufflepuffs are so cute, definetly my favorites! The rest are amazing too, I love Slytherins' amazing green shade and the pose of the Gryffindors! The Ravenclaws are pretty, they remind me of something. :)

Thanks Infinis, Shajana, NiramiTheRaven196 and PieMaster!!

Edited by Shuuichi

Woohoo! I caught almost two of each! Just need one more from the Alpine, and one more from Volcano! Got this in the bag! XD

Happy Birthday, DC!

I love the fact that we have a market now. I'll finally be able to get a CB Gold! I wish prizes were in it, since you have to be ridiculously lucky to win the raffle, but I'm still thrilled with the fact that I'll eventually be able to get myself a Gold.

I would actually be thrilled if the new dragons are Harry Potter themed. If they are, I may have to collect the yellow ones since I embrace being a Hufflepuff.