TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave!

Anyone know how long the flood will be happening??

5 minutes ago, Kaemena said:

Happy birthday, Dragon Cave!

Anyone know how long the flood will be happening??

We never know... This is actually already a longer flood then some of the past year's releases, I actually slept overnight and came back to it still flooding! Given that some of them (especially Forest) seem to be sitting around a bit after each 5-minute drop, I think even when others start mixing in they won't be *too* hard to get right away.

I like the updated sprites, they look nice but still similar to what they use to look like. The new dragons are cute too, I like Harry Potter but not a huge fan so the meaning is lost on me. I'm more excited by the trading and market place.

Look here if you need help with anything:

- It has ALL THE THE THINGS! Locations! Help! Sprite Update Comparisons! Encyclopedia expansion! And more!

Except about Harry Potter eggs, because SHOOSH, it's a secret!

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

We never know... This is actually already a longer flood then some of the past year's releases, I actually slept overnight and came back to it still flooding! Given that some of them (especially Forest) seem to be sitting around a bit after each 5-minute drop, I think even when others start mixing in they won't be *too* hard to get right away.

Ah! well cool, thanks for answering.

It seems like during this flood, most people were able to get a few (i only got one because i forgot the event was happening and i'm egglocked lol) so i hope their value isn't too inflated over the next few weeks.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It is MUCH easier to catch now than it was at midnight - when I went to bed in disgust !

39 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Just got 5 eggs from the Forest, and now I am locked! One less "manic clicker" out there to try for eggs. I think it was Fuzz that called us that? :)

It was indeed. And I'm NOT SORRY !

I just realized that each new dragon has a different spriter! That’s pretty cool (houses represent!), although I wonder how the set will look together xd 

Happy Birthday, DC! 🎉🎈🎂

I think I'm more excited about the Market than anything, but all of these updates are great! I can't wait to see what new dragons we're getting out of these gorgeous eggs, and I love the new updated sprites (although I think the Reds will take me a while to get used to, since I see those guys all the time for Incubates!)

Oh yeah, and congrats to our new mods!

Love all the updates! And really am happy about the new red and seasonal sprite update, very nicely done - holding the old traditional with nicer looking sprites. 

Finally, a market. :)

Now, some say I can't "purchase" the eggs because they aren't "unlocked" in the encyclopedia - this is one part I hate, since I have tons of most of the breeds, so good thing those aren't some I want to buy, but it is annoying.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, D.C.!

Not gonna lie, kinda forgot it was today >.> Only realised when I went into the biomes and saw new eggos. XD Managed to grab two each of the green and blue, and one each of the others, along with some misclicks.

The New sprites are pretty, though it feels weird to see them look different.

Trade hub and notifications? Nice. Let's see how they play out.

The market is being implemented? Interesting. Let's see how it goes...

pokes TJ’s hatchies 

Gender!

The new sprites are glorious. It makes me actually want Seasonals. :) Excited to see the new breeds grow up as well!

Wow, looks like the new Forests may be more common then the others? They're sitting around even at :24!

We’ve had nine new breeds released this year and now are at a total of 213 Unique Breeds available in cave. I hope we will get even more breeds over the rest of this year and some more new spriters or public Dragon Requests released throughout the remainder of the year.

Edited by Whirlaway

2 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

We’ve had nine new breeds released this year and now are at a total of 213 Unique Breeds available in cave. I hope we will get even more breeds over the rest of this year and some more new spriters or public Dragon Requests released throughout the remainder of the year.

Wow, that's a lot of breeds! *remembers when there were only a handful!* 

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Wow, that's a lot of breeds! *remembers when there were only a handful!* 

Ha, same! I remember how long the Split (then just Two-Headed, lol) was the only two-headed dragon. So many breeds have joined since then, haha.

Release went ok for me -- got all the eggs I needed from the 5 minute drop!! That's a first. 

The sprite updates are fantastic, and these new features are exciting too. Hopefully no more issues trying to catch just one zenomorph. And then, just one more breed to go until I have them all...

Edited by Ashywolf

The Paper finally hatched, so now I have a pair of each!   Thank you spriters, and thank you TJ for the new features!

13 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

Hopefully the green/Slytherin hatchies are actually Wyrms...

Wait....these are Harry Potter dragons?

That's it, I was on the fence and gonna wait til I say the adults, but nah, I'm hording these green ones. Hands up if you're Slytherin and proud!

Almost misclicked a water...just a heads up that normal breeds are filtering in again!

Keeping my eggs fogged until they hit at least 6 days or so, keeping that minimum 24 hour safety buffer to avoid (hopefully) the worst of the viewbombing. Yikes!

Edited by animatedrose