TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

7 hours ago, DraconicEntity said:

32 Dragons visited trick-or-treating and my Pumpkin has only found one other Pumpkin. Where are all the pumpkins?

62179a61-6cb1-4543-b53b-574ff3502cfc.png

Ive seen 4 Pumpkins out of 33. Two Slytherin, a ghost and a knight. Ive run into a lot of Graves and Black Marrows however.

2 hours ago, Cayde6 said:

I'm a little apprehensive about the new breed only being around for 24hrs.

If the Halloween biome and the recent new release in August has taught me anything,

it's that the huge influx of people rushing in to get the eggs bogs the site down and no matter how quick you click,

someone's beat you to it. A refresh clutch is gone within seconds.

It's going to be extremely touch to get the new dragon unless the eggs are flooded into the biome

instead of being dropped every five or so minutes. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best though.

As others have said, it's usually rather easy to get the Halloweens later in the day after the majority of players are locked. I've seen new Halloweens sit in the biomes for a good five refreshes later in the day. However, if you can't catch any (or enough) on Halloween proper, there *will* be new Halloweens dropping in the AP in the few days after, from people who deliberately pick them up and dump them so others late to the party will have a chance. I've gotten a few that way myself in years past.

I was looking at my other-holiday groups and realized with surprise that apparently I don't have any CB Sweetlings at all. I don't know why, since I was playing DC that year, but looking back in the forums it seems I didn't post on the forums during that release either, so maybe I wasn't around that month? Whatever the reason, I'd love to have CB Sweetlings, so I'm hoping this new re-release of old CBs happens for the other holidays as well.

I have visited a whopping 52 hatchlings so far (although I still need to take screenshots of the last few). This is so much fun, I love this year's event so much!

I don't know if anyone's having this issue, but my hatchlings and all the ones I've seen have lost their outfits! What's going on here?

Finally a pumpkin showed up!  It's not got a costume on though. :/

Also, my current outfit:

oqJPuAS.png

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

51 minutes ago, Fiona said:

" There was someone earlier in this thread expressing concern that they might object but I know of no instance where they actually have objected. To the best of my recollection when the idea of a re-release of holiday dragons was first proposed the few CB Holly owners who expressed an opinion were in favor as they wanted a second one.

No, we don't know if we'll get a holiday biome for the December holiday or for Valentine's Day. I hope so. I'm really glad we got it for Halloween this year and hope it continues to be a thing for every upcoming holiday.

I've been playing for a long time and seen many events and changes. I've always wondered about those who are just now joining. Like me doomed to never own a CB of a particular holiday, only there would be so many more. While there is that nice feeling to know you were around for such an event, it's torn by the fact you can't have other event dragons. I was very shocked by the Halloween biome and saw as a super nice gesture to newer players (I finally can get CB pumpkins!). Honestly it could have never happened and the game would have kept on going like it has and no one would have thought differently. I feel it plays into the spirit of the game perfectly. Much like the raffle for the prize dragons. A Christmas biome one would be amazing, though it probably would be harder if they still kept the limit. I'm very happy with my little badge proving I was there for it. A special biome every couple years to help users catch up will likely help people come and keep playing.

As far as previous CB Holly owners having issues with the rest of us getting hollys, let me remind everyone of this one thing:

Dragon Cave is all about COLLECTING, not TRADING!! Trading is a nice secondary way to establish some kind of economy and chances to create lineages, etc, but we are all here originally to collect dragons. Therefore, to hold back CB holly acquiring just because it will change the dynamic of the current established economy, would be very wrong and selfish. And technically against the whole reason for DC in the first place. Sure, limit holidays (except the Halloween norm of course) to two per, like everyone else, that would be acceptable. DC was not meant to be elitist. It was meant to be fun.

So I do hope they have this past CB getting for all the holidays to come, it would increase the fun and maybe make DC back what it was when it started. (I was there folks...it was never as cutthroat as it can be now).

Edit: I already have two of every holiday except Hollys, and I'm perfectly ok with not being able to acquire more non-halloween holidays of the others. Let others have fun.

Edited by Riverwillows

I think it would also be nice to have a chance at a CB Holy over here. While I've caught many a Holy in the past, my very first one was gifted to me by a very kind user. As such, I'm also willing to breed any holiday dragons to help anyone who needs one, including my CB Alt Sweetling (which people are very excited about when that day comes), plus I have many who help to continue the lineage of it.

I never think of myself as an elitist just because I got a CB Alt Sweetling, and even if they release a Christmas Biome this year, I'll only go for one CB Holy, since that'll complete my WL of Holiday Dragons (besides the obvious new Dragons that release this year, that is).

26 minutes ago, Natakiro said:

And wow, how do some people have like 55 ToT hatchlings?

I can't speak for others, but I've visited 70 hatchlings mainly because I tend to remember to visit ... And because I badly twisted my ankle so I was bedridden a few days. XD It's really easy to remember to click when I can't do much else.

i love the hatchies in the even, but iam finding it a bit difficult to see the pumpkin dragon as the same size as the others lol

i hope i get a chance at CB hollys. it seems almost impossible to get one without a really long or incredibly messy linage. iam a little OCD when it comes to low or CB collecting. not to mention it mite bring new blood for any linage trying desperately to avoid incest with the limited hollys at hand.

Edited by reddof-f6

I dont plan to be greedy either with past CBs. I have at least one of each CB halloween now, and a friend is going to gift me the last two I need to have a CB breeding pair of each. Thats all i really wanted. ^_^ Ive still got some breeding to do, but Ive mostly been gifting them to the ap. I only plan to keep a small handful for myselffor future lineage reasons. I hope everyone likes the eggs my dragons give out. Some are messy,  but they were my first halloween dragons. ^^;

I think I've enough to worry about the holiday at hand without adding more to it. Thank goodness for more hatchy and egg slots! So nice to have 8 ^_^

Stats for candy grabbing:

72 hatchlings total

14 caligenes

12 despis

12 graves

3 pumpkins

11 SWs

10 CLs

5 Witchlights

Also, the math doesn't add up but whatever.

So, This event has been amazing thus far.  Love the trick-or-treating.  (Finally moved out on my own earlier this year and was SOOOO excited to be in a city area where I'd get kids for trick-or-treating instead of the rural area my parents live in.  Bought a ton of candy, dressed up....and nothing.  :(  couldn't even get the people walking their dogs to come over and get candy.) So thanks for releaving my disappointment.

Finished my trick or treat scavenger hunt too.  Lots of great new things again.  Including quite a few I'd never have figured out without people posting.  (saw someone say the MLP was too obvious, nope didn't get it until later lol)

Also, my breeding plans have been totally derailed by the addition of old CBs.  I will probably still breed to the AP, but I think continuing my PB Marrow lines will have to wait till next year now.  Which is ok as I now have an additional 6 pairs. :)  plus one pumpkin to make a single cb pair of everything else.  Always said if old holidays ever became available again, the marrows were the only ones I wanted more of.  And NOW I have them.  YAY!  Will have to wait and see if the other holidays do this, but I think it will be harder depending on whether the old limits are kept or not.  :/  Especially if the cave still doesn't distinguish between CB and bred.  But I'm not greedy,  Old Halloweens are more than enough. 

I've seen a lot about Vamps.  If anyone is interested I have two with no bite lineage that can make "2nd" gens.  (they're from 2010 so not true CB themselves, just too old to have the info.) 

16 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Has anyone gotten the Mummy wings to show up?  I think they may be glitched or something.

I don't have them showing up on my own hatching, but I'm pretty sure they're showing on hatchlings I've seen:

iMmG0VioTrCL5JbZ-NoWUQ.png

Just now, Skellybones said:

I don't have them showing up on my own hatching, but I'm pretty sure they're showing on hatchlings I've seen:

iMmG0VioTrCL5JbZ-NoWUQ.png

Weird.  Probably a bug then.  For me, they're not showing up anywhere.  Or nobody put them on.

They don't show up in the dressup area for me, but if I put them on and save, then go to the event home page they show up.

1 minute ago, Fiona said:

They don't show up in the dressup area for me, but if I put them on and save, then go to the event home page they show up.

Works for me too, Thanks!

Who made the knight armor? I want to personally thank them for being able to have a Shadow Walker dressed up as Gilgamesh.

(really good Saber, too.)

2 hours ago, Natakiro said:

And wow, how do some people have like 55 ToT hatchlings? I've only gotten 27 :wacko: 

I am at nearly 60 and I noticed in the first few hours I was getting a lot of return visits between the hours so that increased mine by quite a few.  Not had many of those later, presumably because the pool of ToT hatchlings is much bigger as more and more people join in. 

Oooh, I finally decided to go with this look :D

OdMTYdZ.png

And wow, how do some people have like 55 ToT hatchlings? I've only gotten 27 :wacko: The least one for me is definitely Black Marrow, with me only seeing 1, so far.

I also hope that the other holidays get the same CB treatment; it's great to give those who weren't there for the original release a chance to nab them. I strongly dislike when certain things like that are made exclusive and barred out to those who missed it, especially when later event items are cycled back in while the earlier ones are locked and unobtainable. Just...why...

Ou~! I love that look! :wub: Ive only seen about 35 myself, been busy working and doing real life stuff. I want to pull alnighters, but can't as much as I want to. Id love to see more Witchlights myself. Ive only seen one or two.  :/

Oooh, I finally decided to go with this look :D

OdMTYdZ.png

And wow, how do some people have like 55 ToT hatchlings? I've only gotten 27 :wacko: The least one for me is definitely Black Marrow, with me only seeing 1, so far.

I also hope that the other holidays get the same CB treatment; it's great to give those who weren't there for the original release a chance to nab them. I strongly dislike when certain things like that are made exclusive and barred out to those who missed it, especially when later event items are cycled back in while the earlier ones are locked and unobtainable. Just...why...

I have an hourly timer on my phone to remind me about it.  Even at school lol

I completely forgot to come back on Halloween in 2015 and 2016, so when I remembered yesterday (Then proceeded to once again forget to get on until today) I became overjoyed to see the new Halloween biome. ;3; Made it EXTREMELY easy to pick up two of the eggs I missed last year and the year before that. ;3; All while having space for this years seeing I know the eggs won't hatch in time to free up more slots before Halloween. XD Thanks TJ for all the new stuff I missed! I'm even loving how the forums look now.~
-Still worried I won't get many treats this year though... Got a major late start, lol...

EDIT: I just got an Undertale thing... x'D Sneaky sticking that statue in there for the people on the in.~

Edited by AveryCF