TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

7 hours ago, Riverwillows said:

Hope this happens for Christmas....I'd love to get some CB hollys.

Although I've heard that some holly owners are upset with the idea, because it means they will no longer be able to corner the market. But you guys? That's just pure selfishness, and unworthy of the holiday.

For several reasons, I can't say most of how I feel about people like that. Simple, site-friendly way: those people have a really **** attitude. It's people like that that really make me never want to trade. Ever.

Edited by Raikielia

11 minutes ago, Cayde6 said:

I'm a little apprehensive about the new breed only being around for 24hrs.

If the Halloween biome and the recent new release in August has taught me anything,

it's that the huge influx of people rushing in to get the eggs bogs the site down and no matter how quick you click,

someone's beat you to it. A refresh clutch is gone within seconds.

It's going to be extremely touch to get the new dragon unless the eggs are flooded into the biome

instead of being dropped every five or so minutes. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best though.

If past years are any indication, the initial rush at midnight cave time will be very difficult to hunt unless you have a very fast internet connection. However, later in the day it will be much calmer and easier to catch things. Unless you have a very busy schedule and can't get online to hunt at any other time, I'd recommend waiting at least a few hours after the first drop to go hunting, especially if you are a code-hunter. Personally, I always wait till later in the day when a lot of people have already locked themselves. It's much less stressful, and the only consequence is that my eggs hatch a few hours later.

Edited by Amberfly

9 minutes ago, Cayde6 said:

I'm a little apprehensive about the new breed only being around for 24hrs.

If the Halloween biome and the recent new release in August has taught me anything,

it's that the huge influx of people rushing in to get the eggs bogs the site down and no matter how quick you click,

someone's beat you to it. A refresh clutch is gone within seconds.

It's going to be extremely touch to get the new dragon unless the eggs are flooded into the biome

instead of being dropped every five or so minutes. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best though.

You shouldn't worry too much. The key for catching in peace is not trying it in the first few hours. ;) But after half a day has passed it usually isn't that bad. The Halloween biome is that crazy because everyone has to hunt there. The new dragon usually drops in all 6 biomes - that's 6 times the people getting their fill per hour. And it's only one kind of dragon, so apart from AP gifters no one has a reason to drop "misclicks" and hunt again. It's not as easy as Christmas and Valentines, but it should be doable for everyone at some point in the day. :)

Is anyone else having issues with their dragon hatchlings and viewing costumes? Since yesterday I've not been able to see MY hatchlings costume! Everyone elses seems fine (at least I assume so)... But mine... All the costumes are invisible (if they show there at all) except for the ballerina costume.

Edited by FoxxieKittsune

43 minutes ago, FoxxieKittsune said:

Is anyone else having issues with their dragon hatchlings and viewing costumes? Since yesterday I've not been able to see MY hatchlings costume! Everyone elses seems fine (at least I assume so)... But mine... All the costumes are invisible (if they show there at all) except for the ballerina costume.

I am having the same issue

Edited by thedragn01

Loads of people have problems; there's a thread in help. A hard refresh seems to sort it for most people.

Yours seems to be wearing ghost wings and pirate pants and a jacket of some kind; is that right ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Oh gosh, can the above user please edit that post to remove the quote as the picture was an unedited version and it messed up BIG time.

So glad I could finally get the CBs of the Halloween dragons I missed when I took a few years away from DragCave. I was so upset I missed the Desipis dragons and now I have so many! Definitely going to plan on catching more next year. I love them so much!

Looking forward to the new derg too. Good luck and have fun everybody~

2 hours ago, Sophiera said:

I laughed much when I realised that the silver knight costume is Saber from Fate Stay Night

EEK! I didn't realize that! This just made my day!

2 hours ago, Sophiera said:

I laughed much when I realised that the silver knight costume is Saber from Fate Stay Night

ok but how about the gold one being Gilgamesh

Once again... Thanks TJ and staff for the wonderful Event and dragons... I LOVE THEM ALL.. 

I really love my BABY CUTTIE  EVENT:  :D

Screen+Shot+2017-10-29+at+9.37.39+AM.png

Just in love with this event! Best event that I've enjoyed on DC ever <3 <3

" Although I've heard that some holly owners are upset with the idea, because it means they will no longer be able to corner the market.  " -I'm not going to look up who said this first because it isn't important. Nor is it important who has quoted it. However, it's getting passed down as fact and people are reacting to it as if it were fact and correcting the supposed CB Holly owners.

To those who are quoting this as though in fact owners of CB Hollies are having an issue with the idea that a Holiday biome could be part of the celebration I challenge you to find one place where an owner of a CB Holly has said they have a problem with the re-release of Hollies. There was someone earlier in this thread expressing concern that they might object but I know of no instance where they actually have objected. To the best of my recollection when the idea of a re-release of holiday dragons was first proposed the few CB Holly owners who expressed an opinion were in favor as they wanted a second one.

No, we don't know if we'll get a holiday biome for the December holiday or for Valentine's Day. I hope so. I'm really glad we got it for Halloween this year and hope it continues to be a thing for every upcoming holiday.

I actually spent most of the day AP hunting, I love DC Halloween, but many hours later I caught myself thinking of them as "Shadow Lurkers" and "Marrow Witches".

Time for a break I think. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Ripan said:

"Shadow Lurkers" and "Marrow Witches"

I'm at that point as well. :D

2 minutes ago, Secretkeeper626 said:

This is the first time I've been in one of these events, where will the new egg appear?

it will appear in all biomes on halloween day the 31st.

I am loving this event!

I chose a pumpkin hatchling, too, but they seem to be in the minority. On my scroll the popular choice seems to be Shadow Walkers (a full 26%), with the least favorite being Witchlights as I haven't seen any while trick-or-treating. I'm having so much fun giving my hatchie a new costume every day. Right now Pumpkie's a pirate knight with an oversized Slytherin hat and scarf.

I also really enjoyed the re-release of CBs, and I hope they continue that for Christmas and Valentine's at least, even if they don't do it every year. I think it is reasonable to have a 2 CB per person limit, though, particularly at Christmas where the focus is supposed to be on giving, not getting. I have a 5G Holly that I'm quite happy with, but I would love a CB, too. I don't think it is a bad thing if some of the hyper-rare dragons become a little less rare, because the trading market is really tough for those who don't have the right stuff. The first four or five years I played, I didn't know or care about lineages, but then when I was ready to start trading with others, no one wanted my hatchies, so I basically had to release a bunch and then start collecting all over to get some better stuff and am still clawing my way upwards to get to that upper tier.

I still love the game though, and the holiday events are always a blast!

6 minutes ago, Secretkeeper626 said:

Will it override the other eggs showing up, or will they show up as well? Also sorry I didn't quote you, I don't know how.

Only the new 2017 Halloween eggs will show up in the cave after midnight on October 31st. 

Oooh, I finally decided to go with this look :D

OdMTYdZ.png

And wow, how do some people have like 55 ToT hatchlings? I've only gotten 27 :wacko: The least one for me is definitely Black Marrow, with me only seeing 1, so far.

I also hope that the other holidays get the same CB treatment; it's great to give those who weren't there for the original release a chance to nab them. I strongly dislike when certain things like that are made exclusive and barred out to those who missed it, especially when later event items are cycled back in while the earlier ones are locked and unobtainable. Just...why...

Edited by Natakiro

3 minutes ago, cieloazul said:

i am having problems dressing up hatchlings, i cant see the outfits bought...

do a hard refresh, that mostly helps. ctrl + F5.

Secretkeeper626

you can quote by pressing the quote button by a persons comment. on the very end of the grey bars next to report.

Edited by reddof-f6