TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

2 hours ago, Riverwillows said:

Hope this happens for Christmas....I'd love to get some CB hollys.

Although I've heard that some holly owners are upset with the idea, because it means they will no longer be able to corner the market. But you guys? That's just pure selfishness, and unworthy of the holiday.

I would like to get a couple of CB Hollys, Yulebucks (as I joined just after those were released) and the 2015 holiday dragon that apparently I missed not only in 2015, but didn't get any bred ones last year either!

I have not seen anything about Holly owners, but am rarely on the forums anyway, but it would be sad if they don't release past ones because of that reason. The problem with sites such as this is that there is often elite issues, whether it is from paid for items (obviously not an issue here as there aren't any) or older items. 

The chance to get the older CB Halloweens this year is something I truly never expected to happen.  I have never seen such a thing happen on any site I have frequented over the years.  Oddly, this is the one site I have actually stuck with all that time, and this Halloween event has made me very glad that I have.  Since the event started I have managed to snag all my missing CBs, grabbed the last Black Marrow I needed this morning, and am truly grateful to have had that opportunity. 

I think that it would be nice to see the same for Christmas and Valentines, even if the CBs are still limited to 2 per user, so those with the missing ones can get the chance to complete their collections.  I think seeing people happy to get a second chance to get them would far offset the complaining of those who simply want to corner the market. 

1 hour ago, Rexsaurus said:

For anyone with problems dressing up your hatchling try doing a hard refresh.

And its the time, when someone asks, how can ya do the hard refresh?
Yes i may have forgotten shhhhhhhhh

I'm enjoying this event - nice and simple, yet fun!

I'm enjoying the fact there's the Halloween biome (reminds me of Chicken Smoothie and their 'December 18th' release [gives people a chance to get some of the oldest, rare pets - and while they're not 'true dates', it still allows people to have something rare, while letting the originals keep 'value'])...Though part of me is hoping if they do this for Christmas/Valentines Day that either:

A. The 2 CB rule still applies (ex. someone with 2 CB Holly from 2007 can NOT get anymore [allowing 'value' to remain in having a 2nd Gen from an original]) so that more people have a chance to get the old CBs.

OR

B. People are limited to picking up just ONE of each CB Holiday [again, helping to maintain perceived 'value']

Anyhow, all that aside - with the Halloween Biome...Has anyone seen Vampire eggs in it? This is the one Halloween egg I've not seen the CB variant of in the Biome.

3 minutes ago, DraconicEntity said:

32 Dragons visited trick-or-treating and my Pumpkin has only found one other Pumpkin. Where are all the pumpkins?

I have seen a lot of those, it is the Witchlight I have only seen one of, and that was just 30 minutes ago. 

7 minutes ago, Taryn123 said:

And its the time, when someone asks, how can ya do the hard refresh?
Yes i may have forgotten shhhhhhhhh

For people using Windows it's Ctrl+F5

@ShorahNagi-No vampires because you can get CB ones all year long.

Unrelated, but 16 hours until I have my first Halloween adult from this year. 

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

@ShorahNagi-No vampires because you can get CB ones all year long.

Unrelated, but 16 hours until I have my first Halloween adult from this year. 

That's kind of what I figured the more I thought about it, thanks for confirmation!

Edited by ShorahNagi

11 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

A. The 2 CB rule still applies (ex. someone with 2 CB Holly from 2007 can NOT get anymore [allowing 'value' to remain in having a 2nd Gen from an original]) so that more people have a chance to get the old CBs.

I'm fairly certain that when the Holly dragons we're originally released, you could only catch one. Users with two had to have won the raffle at least once, back when honorable mention prizes were a thing. I agree with the limit idea though!

As for cb vamps, I think they are not dropping because you can technically still get CBs year round.

24 minutes ago, DraconicEntity said:

32 Dragons visited trick-or-treating and my Pumpkin has only found one other Pumpkin. Where are all the pumpkins?

62179a61-6cb1-4543-b53b-574ff3502cfc.png

I have one!!! Her name is Kytt

26 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

I have seen a lot of those, it is the Witchlight I have only seen one of, and that was just 30 minutes ago. 

I looked, and I've only seen one of those as well. I wonder if they will provide statistics afterwards of what percentage of players chose each hatchling, I'd be interested to see if I just have been unlucky or if these are just that uncommon.

3 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

I have one!!! Her name is Kytt

Woot! Another pumpkin battlemage!

14 minutes ago, DraconicEntity said:

I looked, and I've only seen one of those as well. I wonder if they will provide statistics afterwards of what percentage of players chose each hatchling, I'd be interested to see if I just have been unlucky or if these are just that uncommon.

That would be interesting.  I was torn between the Shadow Walker and Witchlight but went with the former as I thought whatever outfits/colours came out, there wouldn't be any clashes with that colour.  As you can see grey goes with anything.  :-) 

image.png.c147779ada82355c928cccbe75e69978.png

I finally met my first other pumpkin today! Witchlights I have a few of.

Also having a hard time choosing which costume. The gold knight is pretty sweet, but pirates and ghost! :<

Also popped open all the hatcheries. With the AP at incuhatchable they are all at hundreds of eggies in the ERs. Time to spread the love with UVs so people can grab more eggs!

Most of the CB Holly owners do not even play anymore, and/or they just come back at Xmas time to breed.  I do think there should be limits, of not more than 2 of each CB Xmas dragon, with as many bred ones as someone likes....maybe in future years, lift the limit to 4

I know we technically can have CB vampires all year round. But we cannot have ones without a sire. For this I wish they had been included in the Halloween biome. I was around when they originally were released and all of them gendered female. There wasn’t a BSA at the time to choose a gender. I would love to have a CB unsired male vampire. 

Reguardless, I’m still enjoying the fact of being able to collect more caveborn Halloween dragons. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, DraconicEntity said:

62179a61-6cb1-4543-b53b-574ff3502cfc.png

I've got a Pumpkin, but you're right, there are not too many out there it seems.

guys how many it the trinket collection? from yesterday  at me not appear a trinket.. i have collecting all for this event?

at me the pirates clothe not appear in game the dragon appear normal

Edited by sakurakid

@sakurakid

There are 50 treats, or trinkets, for this year. It seems you have all of them, if your scroll name is the same as your forum name.

5 minutes ago, Perhin said:

My little Pumpkin is dressed as Godric Gryffindor!

dragonhalloween17.png.2e80d9bdb67baf2e8702d704079041dc.png

I shared this on another thread, but my Gryffindor cyborg pirate and I saw a Pumpkin dressed exactly like yours earlier! I love the look. :nyan:

Screenshot_20171029-094044.png

5 hours ago, Rexsaurus said:

For anyone with problems dressing up your hatchling try doing a hard refresh.

It's not helping me but thank you. I'm on an iPad mini 4 using the latest safari.

I'm a little apprehensive about the new breed only being around for 24hrs.

If the Halloween biome and the recent new release in August has taught me anything,

it's that the huge influx of people rushing in to get the eggs bogs the site down and no matter how quick you click,

someone's beat you to it. A refresh clutch is gone within seconds.

It's going to be extremely touch to get the new dragon unless the eggs are flooded into the biome

instead of being dropped every five or so minutes. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best though.