TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

What is a BSA?  I'm relatively new at this.  Sorry - somehow I think I should apologize...

6 minutes ago, Relicanyoner said:

What is a BSA?  I'm relatively new at this.  Sorry - somehow I think I should apologize...

it stands for Breed Specific Action, if you can view it there is a page on the Wiki :) BSA Wiki Page

14 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

It's a new BSA, red ones can infect the egg, making green versions of it

Oh? where did you hear that?

That does make sense and that would be cool as hell if it is true :3

6 minutes ago, Relicanyoner said:

A Breed Specific Action - some dragons have special actions available for them when they're grown

Red - Incubate (takes a day of an egg's timer)

Pink - Influence (makes it more probable that an egg will turn into a dragon of the Pink's gender)

Magi - Teleport (allows eggs or hatchlings to be transported to another scroll)

Purple - Fertility (Reduces the chance of refusal on first breeding as well as the chance of an egg on next breedin)

are the most useful ;)

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Oh? where did you hear that?

That does make sense and that would be cool as hell if it is true :3

Just another possible explanation, methinks! Not a fact.

22 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

Wow, really? That's a very interesting mechanic, I like it!

1 hour ago, The Evil Doer said:

44 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Just another possible explanation, methinks! Not a fact.

Yeah. Guessing gets us nowhere; we can only wait and see.

1 hour ago, The Evil Doer said:

I remember there is a dragon suggestion with such mechanic, just the infecting BSA was to be for the Fevers and the new dragons to be made out of infected eggs were Viruses  - and had one sprite per breeding group worked on.

These currently released guys have no infected vibe about them, at least I fail to see one:P The closest is the fact the greens are... pale green.But there's nothing else that would suggest they're a sick (or sth) vesion of the reddish?

I adored Laura Borealis' comment that the green eggs are just "not ripe yet". Perfection!  LOL

I'm glad to see another 2 headed dragon and such a pretty one at that. Scroll locked with 3 of these eggs, 4 reds, and 1 Fire Gem, I am quite pleased. Especially as I found many right away and the rest later, once they were mixing in with pre-existing ones, but all were easy to obtain.

A very pleasant release of beautiful dragons by talented spriters on an awesome autumn weekend. One cannot ask better than that...as we all wait for the elusive green ones to arrive, by whatever means, once they are ripe.  😆

Edited by PrairieStead
Spelling

Thanks for the new dragons TJ and Spriters! :wub: The hatchlings are looking great! I do wish we knew where those green ones come from though. Did TJ have green eggs? I didn't see this until they'd hatched.

Edited by Aurae

Thanks to all concerned for the new dragons.

Like many others I am curious about the green ones and look forward to the mystery being resolved. It seems logical to think they'll be alts in the way Yellow Undines are, but I'm more than prepared for that not to be the case.

I just looked at TJ's hatchies again to see how much time they had left until they could grow up (too much time), and HOW did I not realize the two-head is by Marrionetta?! Daaaang, that makes it even better, imo, and means I'll almost definitely love the adults.

12 hours until my first egg can hatch, 13 hours for two others. *pokes the clock* Move faster!

The reason I'd be surprised if they were breedable alts is that all three breedable alts (black, vine, undine) share the same eggs as non-alts.

Thus, I'm leaning towards a BSA action; unless there's going to be a second mini-release and the green is another tan ridgewing or red dorsal.

Unless the green is a hybrid of the reds with another dragon?

2 hours ago, Aurae said:

Did TJ have green eggs?

Yes, the green hatchies came from green eggs.

Edited by Gealach

15 minutes ago, Clara (: said:

The reason I'd be surprised if they were breedable alts is that all three breedable alts (black, vine, undine) share the same eggs as non-alts.

Thus, I'm leaning towards a BSA action; unless there's going to be a second mini-release and the green is another tan ridgewing or red dorsal.

Or they could be like the Stripes.

15 minutes ago, Clara (: said:

I guess they'll be like Striped Dragons, red eggs can be caveborn or breedable and green ones can be obtained only through breeding 8e2beba82f5acc20da585b3214687d0c.gif

Whoa, I completely missed this release! Hope i'm not too late in picking up a pair or two of each. :) 

Its probably not an 'alt' because known alts (black, vine, undine) share the same color egg sprite. It most likely isnt going to be like tan ridge wings or red dorsals (because people other than TJ would have them now). If they were going to be a breeding only type TJ would have alluded to it in the main post. (As far as I can remember...for all my years of playing (and ive been here since like 2008? )TJ has always told us when dragons have to be bred...even of he doesnt say which breeds produce it)

Since the main post gives definitive biomes I am guessing that green eggs will come from the biomes at some point rather than as a BSA (he probably would have hinted at a 'special way' to get it if it were a bsa)

Now which other release did we have that had multiple dragons to drop that we could only find ONE color of a certain breed? Oh I remember LUNAR HERALDS! He had ALL 4 in the release post and we were only able to catch like what? Silver? We had to wait like 2 full months to finally catch all 4 colors.

That is why I think that these guys may have a mechanic like that...maybe the green is going to come when the moons change to a certain phase. I mean isnt one moon always waning and one always waxing? The reds could come when one of the moons is waxing from nothing to full and the greens could show up when the other moon starts waxing and the current moon starts waning. (I hope I used the correct termonolgy for moon stuff there xD)

Feels like everyone ignored my earlier post to be all 'its a bsa' or 'its an alt' forgetting that TJ ALWAYS hints when the egg cant be retrieved from the biomes >.>

18 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Feels like everyone ignored my earlier post to be all 'its a bsa' or 'its an alt' forgetting that TJ ALWAYS hints when the egg cant be retrieved from the biomes >.>

This is a good point. Both moons are currently full, so we'll just have to wait and see if the green ones show up sometime, and then start tracking it down and hopefully someday solve the mystery (looking at you Dark Luminas...). 

Edited by HeDy
typos

I only have the purple/gold eggy.. not the red one... where was the RED Eggy... what cave???.... I will catch few when my BABY EGGY are hatched... 

THANKS for your help!!! 

*CHUUUUUUUUUU**

23 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Now which other release did we have that had multiple dragons to drop that we could only find ONE color of a certain breed? Oh I remember LUNAR HERALDS! He had ALL 4 in the release post and we were only able to catch like what? Silver? We had to wait like 2 full months to finally catch all 4 colors.

Or like Seasonal dragons, where it took a full year for all 4 types to be released! :D

I can't wait to get the green ones, they look adorable!