TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

I can't wait to do a breeding checker with the new purple two-headed with the blue Baikala!

EDIT: Or maybe Hooktalons?

Edited by Ninjakittee

I really enjoy the new way eggs are being released. I didn't realize there was a release until 5pm cave time today but with the new eggs dropping first and then the others rather than having them mixed made catching them super easy. Not to mention they are still dropping even now. Hopefully no one is complaining.

29 minutes ago, gusearth1 said:

Does anybody get Soulstone vibes from the two-headed one? The color schemes are similar, and I love it.

That and Solstice vibes from the egg (felt very Valentine-y!), but the hatchies are nice and distinct :3

12 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Has anyone said anything or gotten a green one?

I've gotten 3 from different areas and they're all flaming red. If anyone does have a green one somehow I'd like to know how they got one cause to my knowledge everyone can only seem to find red ones. :blink:

Drat, I knew I should have checked last night, but at least I am early enough to get 7 eggs.  Hope we find out where the green ones come from.

2 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

Drat, I knew I should have checked last night, but at least I am early enough to get 7 eggs.  Hope we find out where the green ones come from.

Hopefully we'll find out soon... :) 

You know, I was just looking at the front page at TJ's TWO EGGS pictured, not his growing ones, but the two up above...

And I had a sudden thought!!!  No smart remarks from those who might know me...  lol

What if all the reds and greens will come from the sane Red Egg???  And we won't know which we'll have until they at least hatch!!!  I don't know if anyone came up with this idea earlier, but it is something to think about...  And a possibility... 

5 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

You know, I was just looking at the front page at TJ's TWO EGGS pictured, not his growing ones, but the two up above...

And I had a sudden thought!!!  No smart remarks from those who might know me...  lol

What if all the reds and greens will come from the sane Red Egg???  And we won't know which we'll have until they at least hatch!!!  I don't know if anyone came up with this idea earlier, but it is something to think about...  And a possibility... 

At the start of the release TJ had 3 different eggs though - the Purple ridged and then Green and Red eggs for the glassy ones :P
My best guess is green comes from breeding.....?

Still, usually when there are more that one egg, it is shown in the top under the title, "Septembers Drop" or whatever...  In this case there are only the TWO...  You may be right on the breeding, as others have suggested, but I somehow don't think so.

However, I may be wrong, lol...

Right now, all we have is everyone's "best guess" and one best guess is just as good as another. We'll find out eventually. Just have to try to be patient.

Woo. 100% mature hatchlings now. :D They're so adorable. At this point, I'm guessing the green ones are from breeding the reds one with existing breeds?

4 minutes ago, raindear said:

Right now, all we have is everyone's "best guess" and one best guess is just as good as another. We'll find out eventually. Just have to try to be patient.

But but but it's so hard to be patient!! lol

I wish poking growing dragons actually made them grow faster. With how many views TJ's always gets, if there was no minimum growing time they'd be adults already. I calculated that my first eggs should hatch tomorrow around 10pm my-time. I want to breed at least a couple Silver Lunars before they change colors in a few days, but realistically I'm probably just going to fill back up on new releases, lol.

They totally do!!

Even with old eggs mixed in, it seems that these are still fairly easy to get. Another hatchie grew up and I was able to get my 8th egg, I now have 4 of each. Man I hate the waiting.

I keep thinking of the Nebulas, with their alts.  Maybe that's why the green egg was removed from the first post?

2 minutes ago, a_god_s said:

I keep thinking of the Nebulas, with their alts.  Maybe that's why the green egg was removed from the first post?

The green egg wasn't removed though? It was never in the header, and TJ's green eggs just... hatched?

TJ posts like this just to mess with us. And maybe watch the comments blow up with speculation :P

I'm totally in love with all these hatchies! I wantto breed the twin-heads with the purples so bad! And the others? Helli velociraptors! You are awesome! 

GAH, the red and green ones totally look like Daenerys Targaryen's babies! Also, yay for another two-head!

I'm so glad this release happened! I was getting a bit worried last Monday (because as of late it's been rather last Monday than last weekend xD), phew!

*really hoping we'll get a November release like last year*

As for speculations about the Green, my first guess was they're alts like Undines(I was there for Undine release and as far as I remember it was like this:P and alt egg is not a sth that would exclude this as a very likely possibility, they'd be the Stripeds type then^^). From all speculations I've seen, bred alt and some Moon/Season-thing is most likely (just I really hope they're not like the Lunars, Lunar's release was the worst nightmare of a release I've ever had:P Bronze Lunar was absolutely the worst there:P)

But tbh " the other can be found in the Desert and Volcano biomes with 2 different forms" feels like suggesting they WILL drop as CBs in Desert and Volcano.. so... sth seasonal? Does anyone rememember the Seasonals release annnouncement vs availability timings? (I wasn't here that long ago)

Edited by VixenDra

Thank you TJ and spriters for another beautiful release!

I'm thinking the green variety might be related to the time the egg hatches (like sunrise/set)