Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Congratulations to the winners. I'm still a loser, but I already knew that. :P Oh well. CB Hollys were "Prize" enough for me this month. :wub:

5 minutes ago, PREDATOR said:

Congratulations to the winners. I'm still a loser, but I already knew that. :P Oh well. CB Hollys were "Prize" enough for me this month. :wub:

Ditto for me too!😁

The CB Hollies were treasure enough for me, as well!🎄🎅🎁🎋

Never thought I would win something from the monthly raffle but today I woke up to find that I won a silver tinsel. :D What a way to end this incredible year and Christmas on DC! I influenced it female and am so happy I can finally breed mates for my prizekins. She also has a neat z-code. :wub: 

Congrats to all other winners and good luck to everyone next month! 

I'm not very active in these forums anymore, but still an active player. And after all this time... I woke up this morning to the message that I won a bronze tinsel. What a way to end the year. :D

No win this month, but I wasn't really expecting it (and honestly, having a giant pool of active CB Hollies is win enough for me :3 ).

No win. 

And i'm in the same boat as most of everyone else.

You need a CB Prize to get 2nd Gen Prizes or 2nd gen spriter's alts, because 98% of trades for both of those specifically want 2nd gen prizes they don't have yet. Nothing else.

Oh, wait...they also would take 2-3 CB metals. Or Neglecteds.

None of which I'm capable of getting.

I know some prize owners breed for others for CB Commons or what not, but have never seen those trades. 

And while i'd LOVE even a 4th gen or lower of my favorite spriter's alts...guess what people want for spriter alt lineages? Yup. 2nd gen prizes. I have ONE second gen spriter's alt and i freeze and release the adult dragon that grows from it becuase during the entire egg and hatchling cycle, NO ONE cares about it. I've asked for 4th gen or lower spriter alt lineages, i've asked for CB commons, i've asked for pretty lineages. NOTHING gets offered, ever, on his eggs. So i'm to the point i'm just going to stop trying to trade them.

I have one 2nd gen gold tinsel due to a really kind user. ANd, again, no one cares about her lineage. It's a THRID gen, no one wants a third gen. It's second gen or nothing. 

It gets frustrating, it does. All i want is a few specific lineages or spriter alts so that i can breed pretty things i like, i have a few lineages i'd love to do checkers with but can't get because...GASP...it requires a 2nd gen prize to do the checker, and no one wants to offer one for anything other than another 2nd gen prize. Same thing with the spriter's alts, which go for such insanely high prices I cannot afford them

No win for me this month but I am hopeful for next month.  All in all it was a good month for me as I was able to get a CB Yulebuck that I was unable to catch during its first go around.  I was also able to get a CB Holly that I will probably donate its offspring in next years Holly contest.  

While it would be nice to have a second gen Prize, I am not upset that I don't have the ability to get one in trade as I know eventually I will get one thanks to the generosity of those Prize owners who drop them into the AP or randomly give them away to other players once they have been able to trade for things that they want.  I do understand the frustration that people who do not have CB or second Gen prizes but to me it is just not worth it to stress over it.  I keep my hope alive because I know that the majority of players here are really awesome and giving people.

Congrats to all of this months winners!!

I know there are generous owners out there, but i can't rely on some random owner seeing me and thinking 'that's the person i'll give a random prize too!' 

i admit i'm not active on the forums. I don't join in on all the extra chatting that goes around. I don't HAVE friends in DC. I know no one. I can't rely on stranger's generosity to get the lineages i need for my breeding projects, but i also can't rely on trading since everyone and their dog wants a 2nd gen prize or 2nd gen spriter's alt for their eggs. 

I would love a CB prize of my own, not only becuase then i wouldn't have to rely on other people to help me wiht my breeding projects, but i could then have something actually valuable to trade to get the lineages i can't make myself. I'd also love 2nd gen spriter's alts with mates of my choice so i can make dream checkers.

As it is, I have neither. I have nothing valuable to trade that people want, i can't catch CB metals and rares in the cave, and i can't make neglecteds

so my only hope to finish breeding projects is to win a raffle so i finally have something people actually want to trade for. I've been with DC since 2012. I've been to every event, every holiday release, every dragon release, since then. I have 1 2nd gen prize and 1 spriter's alt 2nd gen. That's it, and no one cares about their babies to trade for them, so i cannot use them to get the rest of my scroll goals =/

oh well. Here's hoping that with 60 winners every month there will finally be people who will do actual trades that doesn't require you to own a CB prize already. And i'm really hoping the same people don't get CB prizes, it already frustrates me that hundreds of people don't have one and other people have two or more

Edited by Sirithiliel

Congrats, winners! I forgot and then checked and of course did not win. Maybe next month.

Fuzz, maybe they have to grow starting today. I also can't enter, but I have had things grow up before today.

Congrats to all winners! I'm still not one and I'm not even surprised or upset with the no win message anymore, I'm kinda used to it since the very first raffle. Especially that I never win anything anywere so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although fingers crossed for next month and maybe I could make myself a neat birthday gift in February. One can dream, right? XD

Ah, I'm more disappointed than I ought to be. I was hoping to win on today, my birthday, but I didn't. Maybe January will bring me better luck.

Congratulations, winners! My prize is very stubborn. I'd love to gift her offspring, but she keeps giving no eggs and prizekin when I need a prize to fulfill an IOU.

Both of my 2nd gen Shimmers were gifts from some lovely and generous raffle winners. I don't blame winners for commanding high prices - there's no crime in charging high prices for a commodity that's in demand - but I know I'll have to wait until I win myself to be able to properly build lineages (unless I can get lucky and receive common mates as gifts for my 2gs, haha). I have other things to concentrate on, though - I prefer focusing on commons and uncommons rather than rares.

i can understand that, though i have all the commons and uncommons i want. I don't really need anymore. I have all the rares i want, because again i have been here for most releases and have been able to get CBs then, or trade for a few cb silvers and golds to have a couple of those.

I know they can ask for what prices they want, but that won't stop many of us for being frustrated in being unable to afford those high prices. In a game about collecting dragons, it is a bit frustrating when a few of those breeds are nearly impossible to get anything of a decent lineage for. I have one of each kind of prize, but their lineages aren't anything pretty, aren't anything i care to continue, and cna't build anything out of. I love making checkers, but that's impossible to do with shimmers (one of my favorite cave dragons), when i have to pay a 2nd gen prize i don't have for each 2nd gen prize i need

anyways, i'll just keep my fingers crossed in future months i can win something so that i can start building my dream checkers 

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

Congrats, winners! I forgot and then checked and of course did not win. Maybe next month.

Fuzz, maybe they have to grow starting today. I also can't enter, but I have had things grow up before today.

I assumed that - but the grandson entered... (Wait - maybe he forgot to enter for December and so the ones he caught over Christmas count ?)

1 hour ago, Ariento said:

Ah, I'm more disappointed than I ought to be. I was hoping to win on today, my birthday, but I didn't. Maybe January will bring me better luck.

Happy birthday! B)

And congrats to the winners! 

I would be more than happy to give away 2nd gen prize eggs, but my shimmer (which I won in the raffle a few months ago) has yet to produce a single shimmer egg. The first one is promised, but I can't even fulfill that if the success rate remains so poor :P

28 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i can understand that, though i have all the commons and uncommons i want. I don't really need anymore. I have all the rares i want, because again i have been here for most releases and have been able to get CBs then, or trade for a few cb silvers and golds to have a couple of those.

I know they can ask for what prices they want, but that won't stop many of us for being frustrated in being unable to afford those high prices. In a game about collecting dragons, it is a bit frustrating when a few of those breeds are nearly impossible to get anything of a decent lineage for. I have one of each kind of prize, but their lineages aren't anything pretty, aren't anything i care to continue, and cna't build anything out of. I love making checkers, but that's impossible to do with shimmers (one of my favorite cave dragons), when i have to pay a 2nd gen prize i don't have for each 2nd gen prize i need

anyways, i'll just keep my fingers crossed in future months i can win something so that i can start building my dream checkers 

I get the frustration as I do not own a single second gen Prize, heck, I don't even own a CB Gold and I have been playing since 2008.  I just refuse to let myself get upset over a game that I play to unwind .  I have had to take a few hiatuses over the years due to school or really trying periods of time in my life so I am always trying to play catch up when I return.  

I have found that the tides are always turning in this game and what you can't get today you can get at a later date unless it is that CB Gold.  

If I win the raffle at some point then send me a PM at that time and I will hook you up free of charge so to speak.

Edited by osean
grammar

I didn't realize that raising Christmas dragons did not count towards the "adults raised" raffle entry status. Mine grew up, but my status says the only adult I've raised was a regular dragon from earlier in the month. :(

So, just to prove to myself I am not going crazy (ha)  I went through the trading prize thread for posts in December.   I do know that not everyone posts there, and also some completed trades have been removed, still I think it is a good representation of what is going on with 2nd gens

of 38 2nd gens posted

27 specifically were for a 2nd gen swap with no other options

3 were for cb hollies

1 was okay with a 2nd gen or an ND

1 was okay with 2nd gen, 2nd gen spriters alt or cb gold

1 wanted a specific 2nd gen from female holly

1 was okay with an ND or cb Gold

1 was for 6 2nd gen holiday hatchies

1 asked for various obtainable things like cb zyus

1 was open to offers but it is a gold x gold shimmer, so like who can match that?

1 very generous person actually gifted a second gen in the thread

So out of 38 posts, there were only 11 that did not require you to already have a cb prize, of those, perhaps 4 were affordable to the average person

I am not saying people can not ask for or do not have the right to ask for whatever they want, was just trying to demonstrate that having more cb prizes has not actually made 2nd gens more available or accessible, it seems to have done the opposite as there are more cb prize owners to swap with.

Edited by Karobb