Kaini

Raffle Discussion

One of my friends that isn't on the forum's raffle page still says "currently active raffle"...she has hard refreshed-I know that was a issue last month?

I'm never going to win. This is just getting frustrating at this point. Is a bronze tinsel really too much to ask for?

2 hours ago, Diame said:

I'm never going to win. This is just getting frustrating at this point. Is a bronze tinsel really too much to ask for?

We're all wishing for a Prize, in any kind/colour (well, most of us who prefer one kind/colour over the others would take anything at this point). I have a feeling it's going to be YEARS before I personally obtain a CB Prize. But I am not going to stop trying, just in case. The Raffles haven't even been here a year yet. There's many, many of us, and so few Prizes each month. I also have a feeling eventually everyone will have their own, but it's going to take them entering each month, and accepting their loss without getting overly frustrated because it probably IS going to take some time.

49 minutes ago, PREDATOR said:

We're all wishing for a Prize, in any kind/colour (well, most of us who prefer one kind/colour over the others would take anything at this point). I have a feeling it's going to be YEARS before I personally obtain a CB Prize. But I am not going to stop trying, just in case. The Raffles haven't even been here a year yet. There's many, many of us, and so few Prizes each month. I also have a feeling eventually everyone will have their own, but it's going to take them entering each month, and accepting their loss without getting overly frustrated because it probably IS going to take some time.

I guess you're right.

I feel like people are forgetting that this is a raffle, and not a project to give out a CB Prize to every user of DC. Even though sometimes on the forums it may seem that there isn't that many participants, and that should have already won, that's not the case. For example even now at 4AM cave time there's 600 players online on DC, so it's safe to assume that at least that number of people attend the raffle. And even thought the raffle has 60 winners per months, the assumption for every month is that I will probably not win. It's also important to remember that these raffles cost us nothing (I count raising 3 adults a month as nothing), so if I ever win something, it's truly a gift and a surprise, not something I feel like DC owns me. 

12 hours ago, MadameZ said:

I won. Yay.

If you want a 2g shiny from me, just shoot me a message and I can give one to you for free.

I have to say the code on your shimmer is great :lol: Grats on the win!

And congrats to Ashtoret and Limanya and all the other new winners!

I made a bad decision in real life about a month ago, and in a self-imposed penance I decided I would not enter the raffle any more.  Then I found him during Halloween, and I'm crushed that I will probably never afford a mate for him now.  

But I am glad to watch the new winners come here all excited, and I look forward to seeing new blood and new projects turning up around the site.  Congrats to all of the lucky ones! :D

nearly forgot to check, but didn´t win either ^^ congrats to the winners, @MadameZ your Shimmers code is funny *lol*

I totally forgot about the raffle (because of finals week) and didn't check until today. I am an incredibly happy and grateful camper! :wub: 

Hi guys! 

Do you know if there will be a change in tasks for the Raffle? I think it would be cool to actually work for entering! Not something hard, but sth one wouldnt do normally (everyone playing raises 3 dragons a month) like raising 3 of one kind or breeding 3 eggs or freezing or sth! 

Could this still be a thing or is there somewhere stated otherwise? 

Thanks in advance :D

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Hi guys! 

Do you know if there will be a change in tasks for the Raffle? I think it would be cool to actually work for entering! Not something hard, but sth one wouldnt do normally (everyone playing raises 3 dragons a month) like raising 3 of one kind or breeding 3 eggs or freezing or sth! 

Could this still be a thing or is there somewhere stated otherwise? 

Thanks in advance :D

When introducing the monthly raffles TJ announced that there will be other ways of entering sometime in the future:

I thought he said there MAY be. Sorry for caps; have major tablet issues!

On 6-12-2017 at 6:59 AM, smartster4 said:

I totally forgot about the raffle (because of finals week) and didn't check until today. I am an incredibly happy and grateful camper! :wub: 

I was pretty much in the same boat as you: totally forgot about checking the raffle results because I was so busy with holiday-related stuff, only to finally log in several days later (this Monday in my case) and discover that I had won a CB Gold Shimmer! :blink: It took a while for that to sink in properly, but it has by now and I am really content. ^_^ I have never been able to get my hands on a 2nd gen Prize (3rd gen ones were the highest that I could reach), so it's a really nice feeling that I have a CB Prize now and will never again have to worry about obtaining 2nd gens. :)

By the way, after I found out, I purposefully waited with claiming my prize until today, because today is my name day and I like the thought of my baby having an association with light. ;)

1 minute ago, deja said:

ohh its beautiful! nice code too! @Duysterwald Congrats and happy name day! :) 

Thank you very much, I'm quite pleased with the code as well! :D It reminds me of the word "in-laws", hehehe. :P :lol:

On 12/6/2017 at 10:30 AM, fuzzbucket said:

I thought he said there MAY be. Sorry for caps; have major tablet issues!

No, he said "coming soon". But TJ's definition of soon may be different from ours. :P

1 hour ago, Duysterwald said:

Thank you very much, I'm quite pleased with the code as well! :D It reminds me of the word "in-laws", hehehe. :P :lol:

It's BEAUTIFUL, congratulations! But it's also sick. Please please ward and hide it.

Edited by LibbyLishly

21 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

It's BEAUTIFUL, congratulations! But it's also sick. Please please ward and hide it.

Unless something's changed, CB prizes are protected from dying of sickness.

24 minutes ago, Miral said:

Unless something's changed, CB prizes are protected from dying of sickness.

Oh thank goodness. That's a relief.

T-minus 4 hours and counting. All aboard the hype train.

I seriously hope someone new wins, there seem to be so many with multiple 1st gen prizes, its pretty discouraging.

I never did finish my collection of 2nd gens when I stopped playing and now it is impossible, 2nd gens only seem to be swapped for other 2nd gens, sad that!

Edited by Karobb

I'm so late to the game on this one -- how does a person enter?  What do I have to do?  If you win, how are you informed?  Aaaaaa!  (I tried looking at the original thread that announced it, but I didn't find details.)

If you go to "account" there is an option on the bottom right for raffle status, you can enter and check if you won there!

Just now, Karobb said:

If you go to "account" there is an option on the bottom right for raffle status, you can enter and check if you won there!

Thanks so much!  I was so absent this past year, missed a lot of important updates, so I'm still catching up!