Jump to content
Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Recommended Posts

I know I'm poking my head in here a little late, but CONGRATULATIONS to all the December raffle winners!  May your new shinies bring you much joy, and luck in the coming year!  :-D 

Share this post


Link to post

I've always been concerned that all these new CB Prizes will screw with the overall Prize ratios and make breeding Prizes harder, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case, at least for me and my long-lineaged Prizes. I see in this thread that people seem to be having a hard time getting Prizes from their CBs, though, which is sort of strange? Why would non-CBs be easier to successfully breed then CBs? (I'm just basing my breeding view on the number of longer-lineaged Prizes I've bred and grabbed from the AP recently.)

Share this post


Link to post

Because the dragons you want to breed true always cause problems! :V

 

 

More realistically, at least some of the issue is just bad luck and that you're probably breeding CBs every week, which unless it has been changed does reduce the number of eggs you get from a pair (source: old TJ comment; I don't remember which thread, though).
 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I've always been concerned that all these new CB Prizes will screw with the overall Prize ratios and make breeding Prizes harder, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case, at least for me and my long-lineaged Prizes. I see in this thread that people seem to be having a hard time getting Prizes from their CBs, though, which is sort of strange? Why would non-CBs be easier to successfully breed then CBs? (I'm just basing my breeding view on the number of longer-lineaged Prizes I've bred and grabbed from the AP recently.)

People try a lot of different dragons to breed with them   If you are breeding with a common dragon, like say a pink or a swallow tail, you are just going to get more of the common egg, same as any other breeding   Not to mention it seems we see very few of them on the forum so hard to tell what is really gong on, I imagine the ratio of failures is pretty much the same as cb metals giving you commons

Share this post


Link to post

I've found that switching mates helps as well, so I'm not trying to breed the same mate every week. 

Share this post


Link to post

I hope to see some new Gold Tinsels out there!

 

Haven't heard from any winners yet, they must all still be asleep. Hopefully they wake up to a nice surprise :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Amazon_warrior said:

*wanders in, offers around a box of "no win here" cookies*

*takes cookies* thank you! And as always, congrats to the winners, may your Prizes behave nicely!

Share this post


Link to post

No win again. Well. :(

 

I kinda hope for some kind of change in the requirements. Like, raise a specific dragon this month, or type or whatever. Would be cool to really "work" towards something.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gluria said:

No win again. Well. :(

 

I kinda hope for some kind of change in the requirements. Like, raise a specific dragon this month, or type or whatever. Would be cool to really "work" towards something.

I think the requirement is just to make sure that only active players are in there.

 

I wouldn't want to have to raise something I don't want, I have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

At least it's a short month :lol:

 

True!  I swear, this January feels like it's lasted a decade....

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think the requirement is just to make sure that only active players are in there.

 

I wouldn't want to have to raise something I don't want, I have to say.

I mean, it's easy to raise three dragons and then leave for the entire month and come back on raffle day *shrugs*

 

No win for me for me either 

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, you were not selected as one of the winners in the January 2018 raffle. Don’t forget to enter this month’s raffle!

 

Right, what else was I expecting lol!

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

*wanders in, offers around a box of "no win here" cookies*

 

*munches on cookies*

 

If I ever do win I'll probably go into shock, lol. Congrats to all the winners, wherever you are!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I mean, it's easy to raise three dragons and then leave for the entire month and come back on raffle day *shrugs*

 

No win for me for me either 

 

Yes but on the other hand if my granddaughter won I would be mildly irritated. i don't THINK she's been on her scroll since Christmas.

 

No - just looked - not since November. But if she had come on for long enough to raise three - then fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

Yes but on the other hand if my granddaughter won I would be mildly irritated. i don't THINK she's been on her scroll since Christmas.

 

No - just looked - not since November. But if she had come on for long enough to raise three - then fair enough.

But look how easy for people who are rarely active to win? Yes, it's all up to the rng but all you have to do is raise three dragons and then leave for the month and come back on raffle day. Very easy if you time it time it right as well

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

*wanders in, offers around a box of "no win here" cookies*

*grabs a cookie*

 

What a surprise, I didn't win yet again... not that I was expecting anything else to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I only feel a bit more dissapointed this time because that means I can't make myslef a Prize birthday gift. Welp, maybe February will be my month.

Share this post


Link to post

I do wish the requirements would change every so often... Not anything restrictive, more just so it's more interesting. Raise 3 eastern dragons, raise 3 pygmies, raise 3 green-colored dragons, things that would give a lot of options (ie, definitely not raise three zyus (or other specific breed)) but would be more interesting to do.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

 

True!  I swear, this January feels like it's lasted a decade....

 

For real though.

 

Still nuthin' for me.

Share this post


Link to post

Since Ive already obtained one last Halloween... Im very pleased that I *was NOT* a winner again. More for those who dont have one!! :lol: *happily munches cookie*

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.